• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser2768

It does seem that it was changed to May 3rd, or possibly the date/time changed from Beta when our task was created. I have edited the thread, even though it's too late. :(

I do apologize for the mix-up, but hopefully everyone was able to catch the in-game timer throughout the event.

No wonder I couldn't finish in time. The first event I've played in a year, and this happens. I don't have the words to express my anger, disappointment, and frustration.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I get new players getting confused, but I find it hard to take seriously people who have been around for more than a year, yet focused on a single forum announcement for 10 days instead of the in game clock even though every previous mini-event has been 10 days, not 14, and the two in-game clocks were showing the remaining time for the entire 10 days, and they never once came to forum and said anything about the in-game clocks disagreeing with the forum post until it was all over.

DeletedUser5800

I get new players getting confused, but I find it hard to take seriously people who have been around for more than a year, yet focused on a single forum announcement for 10 days instead of the in game clock
You don't have to take them seriously but it did happen... Multiple post popped up in various in game chats asking where the event went because whoever was almost done and thought they had 2 days left. I don't think a lot of people even notice the clock exist. You have to consider the majority of players just pop in here and there real fast and never take the time to notice such things.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You have to consider the majority of players just pop in here and there real fast and never take the time to notice such things.
That's my point. A single forum post should not be what any experienced players are using to make their plans when there is a countdown clock right in front of them for ten days. Not one person in my FS (including me) even noticed the incorrect dates on the forums, let alone made all of their plans around it for a week and a half.

I have no issue with new players being confused, and I think they have a right to be incredibly annoyed. Experienced players, not so much.

DeletedUser5800

A single forum post should not be what any experienced players are using to make their plans when there is a countdown clock right in front of them for ten days. Not one person in my FS (including me) even noticed the incorrect dates on the forums
It was incorrect in the in game notification, so what will more people notice, something that notifies them to look at it or something that doesn't?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It was incorrect in the in game notification, so what will more people notice, something that notifies them to look at it or something that doesn't?
Assuming people who have been playing games more than a month, and who should be fully aware that human beings, even forum moderators, are imperfect? More people will, and should, notice the timer that is visible any time they are in the game. There is no amount of pretense that makes it reasonable for people who have played for a long time, and are active on the forums, to come after-the-fact and whinge that the announcement was wrong and they didn't notice the timer any time during the ten days they were playing. Especially when there were several messages devoted to the fact that one of the in-game timers displayed the truncated days, while another displayed the days and hours. To repeat myself, none of that applies to new players, but it simply not reasonable for experienced players to rely on anything other than the timer that is visible nearly 100% of the time you are playing, or, at the very least, at some point in the 10 days, to come to the forums and say "These don't agree, which is correct?".

DeletedUser5800

There is no amount of pretense that makes it reasonable

but it simply not reasonable

Have you ever even met any people? I'm not arguing it's reasonable or sensical or logical or any thing that implies thought beyond a glance at best. I agree that what you are saying should be how it goes, but that most certainly isn't the case. One 2 year player I know asked what happened to the quest line and I asked if they had finished to which they replied, "Maybe, what was the last prize?" and after I told them they realized they had indeed finished it and gotten the prize. Turns out they popped in half asleep in the middle of the night as has been their trend. Many people that work, go to school, have kids, etc. only play this game in brief dazed moments... at which point I would argue there is good chance for them to click on the notification just to get rid of the icon and note the date it states while not noticing anything else. Should they then complain? Debatable. Maybe just a little so it has a higher probability of not repeating itself. ;)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm okay with most of that. Except that not realizing that the quest step you just clicked okay to is number 48 and you've finished is a much easier mistake to make, than ignoring the clock that has been staring you in the face for a week and half and blaming failure to finish on a message you read 10 days ago.

Unless we're extrapolating that experienced players ignored the countdown clock on the screen and kept going back to the announcement or looking at the date they'd circle on a calendar to check how much time they had left for their productions. In which case, I don't think there's much hope for the human race.