• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feeding Panda Once Won't Give Bonus Goods

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The majority of players say the Brown Bear is the best but is it a waste of time feeding him if you have not unlocked the additional units he's gives you. In my new city I'm up to Chapter V. The pic below shows he will give me 29 Vallorian Guards, 43 frogs and 86 I think Orc Warriors. I have not unlocked any of those creatures yet but the small amount he gives me do show up in battle. Once I unlock them, then I'll be getting more.

View attachment 7189

Unless I am misunderstanding you, that is not exactly how it works. You get those specific troops every 48 hours when you collect from the bear, whether you feed it or not. Feeding the bear gives you extra of the troops you are making in your three military buildings. If you are not making any troops, then feeding the brown bear does nothing at all.

Vergazi

Not that this relates at all to the OP, but personally, I have no sympathy for the claim that there isn't enough pet food. If we don't have enough, we're using too much. I average about 75 on hand, and don't even craft every one I see. Like any other expendable asset, people need to learn to live within their means.
blah, blah...etc. My crafting recipes are constantly filled with an overabundance of evolving buildings which take a huge amount of CCs to make and I have gotten on average, i'd say, maybe 3 pet food recipes on any of my cities during this event. We can argue over whether people are crying diaper babies over what "enough" constitutes, but clearly I am not getting an opportunity to craft very many of them at all and the very idea of being able to store up 75 seems laughable to me. Having said that I don't doubt your veracity, but I do suspect you of having terribly good rng and a bit of good old fashioned luck.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
blah, blah...etc. I do suspect you of having terribly good rng and a bit of good old fashioned luck.
It has nothing to do with it. If you are using more than you are crafting, you are using more than you should. Wanting to use them does not mean it is a good idea. Every game requires balance. Controlling my use of pet food most of the time means that I can use them as much as I want at key times, like tournament pushes and events, where I need 40 or 60 relics. Most of the pets are good enough without feeding that their feeding effect should be special, not the first answer to everything.

Risen Malchiah

My crafting recipes are constantly filled with an overabundance of evolving buildings which take a huge amount of CCs to make and I have gotten on average, i'd say, maybe 3 pet food recipes on any of my cities during this event.
Yeah, even though they are really expensive to craft, I'd suggest crafting the evolving buildings and the chess set even if you never place them. By eliminating all of those from my recipe list, I am getting the pet food, troop buffs and worthwhile time boosters more often. (Or better yet, resist disenchanting the evolving buildings even if they are terrible so they never take up a slot.)

I also use small time boosters to ensure pet food is collected before the craft timer resets so the slot has a chance to appear as pet food again.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Unless I am misunderstanding you, that is not exactly how it works. You get those specific troops every 48 hours when you collect from the bear, whether you feed it or not. Feeding the bear gives you extra of the troops you are making in your three military buildings. If you are not making any troops, then feeding the brown bear does nothing at all.
I only feed the bear when I am ready to collect the troops from the Barracks & Training Grounds. I have not unlocked research for the frog, Orc Warrior and I don't have any Vallorian Guards soaking in hot tubs, but the bear still gives me those troops. What I'm confused about is I don't need to feed the bear to get those troops I haven't unlocked yet but if I don't feed him, I won't get the +40% unit production bonus.

Is the +40% unit production bonus for the troops I do have (Archers, Golem, Sorceress, Cerberus & Dryads)? Help from Elvenar players is greatly appreciated.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Is the +40% unit production bonus for the troops I do have (Archers, Golem, Sorceress, Cerberus & Dryads)? Help from Elvenar players is greatly appreciated.

That is what I was trying to tell you. You only get the bonus % on the troops you make in your military buildings, and only while the feeding is active. You feed the bear and then for the next 12 hours every stack of troops you make and collect will get that bonus %. It does not apply to the troops you get for free every 48 hours from the bear and it does not apply to any troops you collect for free from the five military AWs.

Risen Malchiah

The troops you get from the Brown Bear, the Grounds of the Orc Strategist and the Vallorian Valor are unaffected by the Brown Bear's feeding. And it doesn't matter whether you've unlocked these troops yet (which is what makes these buildings extremely valuable to lower level players).

Only the troops collected from the Barracks, Training Grounds and Merc Camp receive the Brown Bear's feeding bonus.

KarlD

I think people are mostly misusing the Panda Bear if they are feeding it multiple times in order to get the bonus goods. I think the general idea was that people had a Phoenix of some type, especially a Fire Phoenix. So one scenario is that Sunday morning (my time) Spire begins. I feed my Panda. Then I feed my Brown Bear and get bonus goods from the Panda. I use time instants I've acquired from the Spire and train a gazillion troops for the Spire and upcoming tournament enjoying the boost in troop production from the Brown Bear. If you're not using time instants while your Brown Bear is active you are largely misusing it also in my opinion. Then I feed my Fire Phoenix as many as 6 times to boost my troops for the entirety of the Spire and tournament and I get the bonus goods from the Panda 6 more times. I could also feed my Polar Bear to speed up the tournament for yet another set of bonus goods from the Panda. But if I decide to feed my Polar Bear and take advantage of the time speed up there is is a good chance I will finish the tournament early, so I probably don't need to feed the Fire Phoenix to be active until the tournament ends on Saturday. I could feed it till Friday and save a pet food there.

That approach does produce more bonus goods from the Panda, but uses more pet food on my Fire Phoenix than might otherwise be necessary. For instance if I feed my Fire Phoenix only when necessary I should not need more than 3 pet foods for the entire tournament as I should be able to do 2 rounds each feeding even without feeding the Polar Bear. Also I don't really see much value in feeding the Fire Phoenix in the first Level of the Spire. Most fights are not that difficult, the squadsizes are not so huge yet, there aren't that many encounters, and some I might decide to negotiate anyway. I don't feel I save enough troops to bother, but that's just me. That being the case i might begin the pet feeding process on Monday instead of Sunday and save a pet food.

Anyway, I think that shows how one might go about making the best (or at least better) use of their Panda.

DeletedUser26272

I'm still a little confused. Do you get the percentage bonus for every tier one manufactory that you own and what it is currently producing (ie, 3 hour or 9 hour or whatever), or do you just get some tier one goods added to your total amount. If the latter, then what is the percentage based on? Hopefully not just one manufactory. (If that, then panda is too hungry to be worth anything.) I don't have my panda down yet because I'm not sure about this. Thanks in advance.
The goods bonus is based on your completed provinces, so it doesn’t require evolving the panda for that number to grow. When you get the bonus, it’s a flat number of each tier1 good. So, currently, my panda gives me 485 of each when I feed an additional pet.
Example; After feeding panda, I chose to feed my coldfire Phoenix because I am currently scouting and it offers a good KP bonus for each completed scouting mission. So I just received 485 of each tier 1 good and started my bonus KP for the next 24 hrs with the phoenix. Then if I had more pets to feed, I would get another 485 of each tier 1 plus start the bonus of whatever additional pet I just fed. The panda feeding only lasts for a short period of time, so it does require a little planning. But the stacking is awesome if you do it!
As you continue to complete provinces, your panda bonus amount increases, which is pretty cool! It’s definitely confusing at first but after figuring it out, it really does offer a lot of boost stacking. I like it, but it took time to figure out how to best use it :)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The goods bonus is based on your completed provinces, so it doesn’t require evolving the panda for that number to grow. When you get the bonus, it’s a flat number of each tier1 good. So, currently, my panda gives me 485 of each when I feed an additional pet.
Example; After feeding panda, I chose to feed my coldfire Phoenix because I am currently scouting and it offers a good KP bonus for each completed scouting mission. So I just received 485 of each tier 1 good and started my bonus KP for the next 24 hrs with the phoenix. Then if I had more pets to feed, I would get another 485 of each tier 1 plus start the bonus of whatever additional pet I just fed. The panda feeding only lasts for a short period of time, so it does require a little planning. But the stacking is awesome if you do it!
As you continue to complete provinces, your panda bonus amount increases, which is pretty cool! It’s definitely confusing at first but after figuring it out, it really does offer a lot of boost stacking. I like it, but it took time to figure out how to best use it :)
Thank you for making it so clear.

Dopeykr

When I feed my Fire Phoenix, the information claims it lasts for 5 days. I see no benefit in feeding it any more because then you have 2 before the weekly tournament begins again.

Risen Malchiah

Yeah, the panda is useless on its own. But if you happen to be feeding a polar bear, brown bear, fire phoenix, etc all at once, then feeding the panda first is great. Of course, if you're low on pet food, then not so good. :p