• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship adventure path lock

Huor

It would be nice if when a path is chosen for a stage in the fellowship adventure, all the other paths are locked out. This would help avoid badge loss due to miscommunication that can easily occur when spanning many time zones. Badge loss for a little fellowship can be pretty hard.

It would also be a nice feature if the map could stay locked until the proper person(s) unlock it. Again, allows proper communication across time zones.

The message system in the game has a lot of issues and my fellowship had an issue where some of us saw a path selection message and others, myself included, didn't.

Alram

Flippers just flip
How did timezones cause some of you to see the path selection message and others to miss it? (If this is about people who get up early needing a direction, can't a path be chosen the night before ?)
Locking the path only hurts your fellows who can't be online a lot. They won't get any prizes.

Huor

If the messages system didn't drop messages, things might be different. Locking the path wouldn't hurt anyone as badges still have to be produced while waiting on a decision. A lock of the map, or more so of the paths that should not be taken shouldn't hurt anyone. Chances are, if they are not logging on that much, they missed the stage prizes anyhow.

In any event, it sounds like the horse has already been kicked and is dead.

Alram

Flippers just flip
If the messages system didn't drop messages, things might be different. Locking the path wouldn't hurt anyone as badges still have to be produced while waiting on a decision. A lock of the map, or more so of the paths that should not be taken shouldn't hurt anyone. Chances are, if they are not logging on that much, they missed the stage prizes anyhow.

In any event, it sounds like the horse has already been kicked and is dead.
If your original suggestion has already been rejected, we shouldn't keep discussing it? Why is the horse dead? Can we revive it? Is it good for barbeque?

Did your games glitch so that some of you didn't get the path message?
Do you have a lot of new players who have never adventured before?
Are players being blamed for poor leadership?
Does your FS require players to be on often? Is that in your overview and enforced?

Wasting badges does hurt.

Huor

Thank you for listening! In answer to your questions:

No glitch I saw. I'm not the only one that had the issue. Even before the event started, our archmage asked if other people were having issues or if it was just him. At that time I didn't notice any, but no one was asking why I hadn't replied to a message so I may very well have been missing messages.

We do have a lot of new players that have never been in a adventure before. One of the things that makes it fun!

The leadership is good (no, I'm not the leader. lol). Just different time zones and real life requirements.

We would like our players to be active. Our archmage keeps a reasonable eye on that.

My thoughts are, if the flag can only be pulled by those in charge of the adventure, then they should also have control of the map as to avoid mistakes. Our fellowship is scattered all over the planet. It would just be nice to have a little more control.

In truth, the adventure is not really new player or casual player friendly. A new city can make brewery, but by the time they are ready, the dot open requires 600 arcane. Brewery is long gone by. Which is another subject about being able to post on any dot along a given path without being in order which would help the new/casual player, but that's another subject all together.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Huor I understand your frustration. I would far rather lock a waypoint or two than an entire path, because as you gain in experience you will see what we leaders are telling you. It's important to mark out a low waypoint for the more casual players so that they can drop an easy badge: Coin, Wonder or Guard for example.

defiantoneks

i can see the path lock being useful, even if it temporarily restricts people. lock until the flag is "ready" & then survey who has or has not dropped a badge. if necessary, unlock a path for them to drop a coin badge or something else easy to replace. then everyone is in, yank the flag, and move to the next stage.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The trouble is, there may be a few members who work long hours and can't get back in at a certain time. I could see a scenario where a mage locks a path, the fs finishes that path at 9am, and then notices that two people who are always in after work, say 7pm (same time zone) have not yet gotten a badge in because none of the badges on that particular path the night before were in their inventory. Now you have to wait 10 hours just so they can get a badge in, when they could have just put one small one on a different path the night before and made no one wait the next day.

Path locks would be too restrictive and unfair to the people who know they can't get back in before the map closes, imho. In my current fellowship, one of the mages couldn't get on in time for the first map, and my goodness, he's the one who volunteered and spent hours to organize it. I felt terrible about that. I was waiting for him but everyone else just gobbled up all the badges, which I thought was rude. But it was probably just thoughtlessness and a desire to move on. People get excited to be close to the finish line. I think a mage should have told everyone to wait. That always happened in my previous fellowships. Ah well, I digress. The point is that too many people might be left out with path locks.

I can't say I've never put blacksmiths or statues on the wrong path and then felt horrible. I have. Most people have. Hopefully, we become better players from such mistakes. I like path highlighting, actually. A good compromise.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Ugh, @Darielle, I hear you. There's a FS I will never rejoin on Harandar because the Archmage sat back and watched 4 players mainly fill map 1 themselves. She never thought to rein them back and was dismissive when the complaints started.

Personal rant: No one should ever be an Archmage unless they have a year or more experience in Elvenar (and please, multiple attempts at chapter 2 do not count). I have met many players who know a lot after a couple of months and may even be good leaders but!!! They would be better leaders for having more experience. Rant over.

What about an undo button? Maybe if one person could take back a badge twice per map, so an opening could be made for a player who needs a spot. I was thinking - the waypoint would still have to be filled; this isn't about clawing back misspent statues, because the Devs would absolutely say no. But just making one place for someone would be a great QoL improvement.