• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

NightshadeCS

This latest Fellowship event was directed specifically for higher ranking and more established Fellowships , which probably buy the most gems . It however pretty much cut the bulk of the fellowships out of the event .

As Soggy said, this is a common assumption, one that I reject outright. I think the key mistake is the perception of the fellowship adventure as something linear that should be completed 100% by everyone or not worth the effort. I'm going to start sounding like a broken record here, but I think people should view it more like the tournaments, where not everyone is going to get to the 10th chest every time. If you are in a low-level fellowship, it takes some good planning and organization to advance in the FA. I think any fellowship, with at least 50% participation, should be able to get through the first screen. Congratulations! A bit higher in level, or a bit more organized and motivated? The sky is the limit.

My fellowship, which hovers around a 35 ranking in Arendyl, finished 20th in this FA, just ahead of the #3 fellowship. Why? Because we had good communication and stressed having fun while working together. The last fellowship adventure? We didn't even get half way through the third stage. That one was a bit harder, imo, and it came at a time where many of us just didn't have room for extra buildings. Plus, failure to reach the end on that one motivated us to be a bit more careful in our path selections this go-around. We learned from our failure (gasp!).

While I think a few members of our group used diamonds they had lying around to complete a few badges right at the end, no one was spending money to get it done.

bkbajb

I dropped from playing in 7 worlds to 2. 1 Elf and 1 Human. So my FS on US 1 is made up of a lot of higher ranking players. I am mid pack 112k points. The other on US 3 has more lower level players and I am 3rd highest with 110k points. On US1 most of the FS and bought diamonds, I did not. They are very unhappy players. Got through 2 levels doing every path on the first 2. On US 3 got through level 1 doing blue path and everyone seemed to quit once we got onto level 2. Now I understand that I am a wierd player. I like the AW KP. Why? They need to be upgraded and the bonuses do help. If Inno never offered a FA again I would be ok with it but I do not expect to complete it yet. I have been playing for over 2 years and have no intention of stopping. I am almost done with the Orc chapter and am in no hurry to finish. I do believe the FA needs some work but Inno has made some changes that seem to be headed in the right direction. The problem is that there are too many players expecting to finish instead of enjoying what they get. Life is not easy, why should the game be?

NightshadeCS

Not all of us get to the 5th or 6th rounds especially when we are in small cities...

Oh, yes, I know this perfectly well! I was just stating the facts, that it is possible (though surely not attainable for everyone) to get MM spells in the tournament. When someone says you can't get something, I assume they mean that it is not offered, not they they are incapable. So, just wanted to correct that.

For the record, during this FA was the first time I had ever gone to round 5 in the tournament. I did so specifically to get those spells. And I was the only one in my FS to do so (I hang around the #10 slot in my FS).

Thistleknot

Just out of curiosity, I did some quick stats on the FA on Arendyll. We have 1621 fellowships listed. Of those, only 659 participated in the FA which is about 40%. Of the 659 participants, 367 fellowships made a minimal effort with 338 of those getting 500 points or less. To complete round 1, you need a minimum of 1300 points. We had 137 fellowships that possibly completed round 1. To complete round 2, you need a minimum of 3500 points. We had 77 that possibly completed round 2. And for round 3, you would need at least 6500 points and we had 78 fellowships.

Overall that means about 56% made a token effort, 21% made an effort, 11% were fairly organized, and 11% were highly motivated.

Since we don't know why participation was at only 40%, we can't really say this was a poor turnout. Chances are good that most of those not participating are not active fellowships. Of those participating, 45% made a genuine effort to complete at least one round of the FA. That doesn't seem too bad considering that people have lives to live and may not be able to devote more than a half hour of play each day.

As for my fellowship, we completed all three rounds and placed 40th. In FA 3, we ranked in at 182 and I'm not sure we completed round 2. We were happy with our efforts and the prizes. We only had about 10 players participating in the FA, but it's not a requirement for our group.

My personal take on this FA was that overall it was a good challenge with decent prizes. They need to improve the quest selection process. The spell badges are a huge challenge even with the tournament. If you're not worried about spending lots of troops and goods for negotiating, you can get a whole lot of spells though. I placed 22nd in the tournament this week doing 7 provinces to 6 stars and another 10 to 4 stars. Ouch on the use of goods. The number of guard badges was very steep. On round 3, we managed 77 of the 150 needed. And I had my Training Grounds going non-stop.

One last point, for those that had trouble completing a round, did your fellowship only focus on one path? Our original plan was to stick with one path for each round. This worked well for round 1. In round 2, we got stuck at the 2nd cross point. I suggested that we jump from the blue path to the orange. That probably shaved a day off our waiting time. In round 3, we jumped from the green to the blue and were able to complete that round as well. Just a thought for planning in the future if you so choose to try the FA again.

DeletedUser3468

As Soggy said, this is a common assumption, one that I reject outright. I think the key mistake is the perception of the fellowship adventure as something linear that should be completed 100% by everyone or not worth the effort. I'm going to start sounding like a broken record here, but I think people should view it more like the tournaments, where not everyone is going to get to the 10th chest every time. If you are in a low-level fellowship, it takes some good planning and organization to advance in the FA. I think any fellowship, with at least 50% participation, should be able to get through the first screen. Congratulations! A bit higher in level, or a bit more organized and motivated? The sky is the limit.

I agree completely with this (bolded) statement. Our small no diamonds Fellowship in Sinya Arda didn't finish the entire FA but we did finish the first 2 stages and on the 3rd, decided to just go for points and see how high we could end up ranking. We came in 29th, above some much higher ranked Fellowships (no way of knowing how hard they were trying but hey... who cares? ;) ), a much higher finish than we've had in any of the previous FAs! I am so very proud of our little Fellowship for working so hard and we had fun doing it. The previous (3rd) FA nearly broke us apart, this one brought us closer and proved that we can accomplish a lot if we work together. This was a definite WIN for us, even if we didn't finish all of the 3rd stage. :D

DeletedUser13002

I've been playing online games for a while too and many games have Events that you're not even supposed to complete when you're new. It's supposed to be an incentive to keep playing and get better...

This has actually been stated as the purpose of these Fellowship Adventures—to incentivize newer players and younger groups to work harder together so they can reach a place where they are able to compete well in these things. FA 3 was a bump in the road toward that goal, but FA 4 showed clear improvements. If (as has been said a hundred times) they can get the quest cycling to a more efficient medium, these things should really start rocking.

DeletedUser7791

In 2 FS's, we did not participate primarily due to our experience with the last one. That one came in the middle of a larger event and obviously a tournament (we are pretty tourney focused and get 10 chests). This one looked the best to me with a decent return on effort, but only one other player wanted to do it.

I have a tiny city in a smaller less active FS, and we tried and were happy with 2 completed screens.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
i don't mind not finishing all three levels. I think the real issue I had with this adventure was the goods and relics resources it took. I wiped out my stores. I have a very mixed fellowship in terms of city size and playing time. As archmage , I feel it is my responsibility to help as much as I possibly can. I just wish that they had goods badges that were scaled by chapter so that they had to be made but that we didn't lose so many resources. The relics are an issue as well. I won't be making any spells any time soon because my relics are gone for the spells that I routinely make, aka, the magic manufacturing. I am hoping for a hard schedule of the FA because I won't make spells until the event if I know when it's coming. I can play without using spells and eventually build up my stores again, but my group likes the FA and they want to get further each time. That will only happen if we have a more stable calendar and a firm list of badges, even though they may not actually publish how many of each for each stage and whatnot that we need.