• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

DeletedUser13558

Game version: All
Game world: All
Browser + version: All
Flash Player version: All
Operating System: All
Screen resolution: All
Account name: Hamiltucky
Humans or Elves: Both

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: Fellowship Adventure

Current situation:
Does not perform as expected.
Smaller cities and smaller Fellowships and most of the playing population do not get the enjoyment or benefits from this feature that one would reasonably expect.
1) Most of your player-base is not benefited by the Adventure feature.
2) Many are merely confused by it and many more are not equipped to succeed in it.
3) The rewards, especially considering the degree of investment required, are far, far less than what we've seen in past events. And quite frankly, pretty lame. One really nice building, but only at the very end of all three stages? Really? Nice building, but is it worth the effort? Of course not. And the other rewards, for the first two stages? Pretty sad.
4) Consider the vast majority of players. Is this the sort of event that they enjoy? I suggest, no. More often than not, they are frustrated and disappointed.
5) Clearly this is end-game content. Only full Fellowships of advanced cities can reasonably expect to have a chance at success. Small or mid-sized cities in less-than-full Fellowships have very little chance of success.
6) Recent changes have thrown off any tried-and-true methods for Fellowships to be even moderately successful. It's getting harder every time it comes out. This is not conducive to success or enjoyment by the vast majority of your player base.

Expected situation:
Either have an Event that folks can enjoy and succeed at, or provide an opportunity to opt-out. At least in the latter case, they wouldn't have a large piece of screen real-estate taken up by these large icons and quest windows.
Allow players to toggle the Adventure interface off/on.

Or... Scale the event according to combined Fellowship points.
Or... Bracket the event according to Fellowship member numbers.
Or... Provide better rewards and at least make it worth the effort to participate.
Or... Trash the entire thing and come up something a lot better than this.
Because it sort of sucks, as-is.

I just see frustrated players and a lot of wasted time.
Folks like this game, but I do think they expect better events than this particular one.
Especially the last two incarnations of it.

Thanks.
I hope you'll consider my words and appreciate the effort at conveying them.
Have a wonder-filled day and best wishes to you and yours,
- Tony

DeletedUser13558

Previous events have been rewarding enough.
But this last one was pretty sad.

It seems... the *real* reward... is merely ranking points.
And the only Fellowships that gain substantial rewards are the very, very, very top 3 or so.

For everyone else, especially those that are not interested in epeen/ranking...
...it's a waste of browser performance resources and screen real estate.

It'd be nice to be able to opt completely out of the event and thereby remove the icons from the game interface.