• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

DeletedUser24282

The effort required is enormous and the rewards are minimal, heavy on ancient knowledge and not very desirable. I would expect something really special I couldn't get anywhere else or easily: a magic residence or workshop, an evolving artifact for any evolving building, a 3x3 item providing 1000 culture and 1000 population--things like that!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The effort required is enormous and the rewards are minimal, heavy on ancient knowledge and not very desirable. I would expect something really special I couldn't get anywhere else or easily: a magic residence or workshop, an evolving artifact for any evolving building, a 3x3 item providing 1000 culture and 1000 population--things like that!

Nope. And before they started using the FA as a source of extra artifacts, the buildings that could be earned were mostly crap. So they were even worse before the Phoenix event last spring.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I get so tired of constant complaining about crappy prizes.
Every event, every FA, every spire, every dang day

Just play the game for the fun of it

The FA is a great team event
Your FS has to work together to get it done
If you do it right the biggest prize is that it makes your FS better

You end up with a group who works together towards a goal
Instead of a group of whiny children

neeronie

This last fa had way way to many bs in it. Also necklaces and bracelets and statues! And the prizes are terrible. My fellowship, Band of Others, has all decided it is not worth doing. And I
We are going to give it a try since some of our players need the artifact. They need them because they are small cities and could not get them during the Winter Event, which was too hard for them. The number of Blacksmith in combination with the number of 1 and 2 day builds, plus the 9 hr Farmers at Stage 3 will be a stopper for us I fear. Small cities just do not have the expansions needed to accomplish this Adventure. I wonder if there are any small cities in beta and if so how much were they able to contribute. Now multiply that by, say, 15 cities (participation rate) of the same size and see if they can do all three of the Stages in this FA. Will report one way or the other.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If anyone will please give advice to a fairly newer player, what is a better strategy ... to get through the easiest path on each stage as fast as possible and then get to the pit and keep dumping badges as long as possible, or is it better to take more than one path on a map and perhaps not get to the pit after all. I'm not sure I even want to do the pit, but that's the way that we always do it. Is there more prizes for going on two paths instead of one on each map? If there's no more prizes for doing two paths, then I guess it doesn't matter either way, but I'd just like to know what others think. Thx

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
If anyone will please give advice to a fairly newer player, what is a better strategy ... to get through the easiest path on each stage as fast as possible and then get to the pit and keep dumping badges as long as possible, or is it better to take more than one path on a map and perhaps not get to the pit after all. I'm not sure I even want to do the pit, but that's the way that we always do it. Is there more prizes for going on two paths instead of one on each map? If there's no more prizes for doing two paths, then I guess it doesn't matter either way, but I'd just like to know what others think. Thx

All you get for doing extra paths is points
All you get for the pit is points
The points only matter if you think you have a shot at being one of the top FS's

If you are new and in an FS of mostly small cities your best bet is to do one path and finish the stage to get the chests.
Use this FA as a learning experience and try for a better score next time.

neeronie

The points only matter if you think you have a shot at being one of the top FS's

If you are new and in an FS of mostly small cities your best bet is to do one path and finish the stage to get the chests.
I have being playing for awhile but you gave good advice suitable for anyone. Yes, we are doing 1 path for each, currently in Stage 3, putting all our eggs in one basket and going for blue all the way. I will know by tomorrow afternoon if the math works out. I do have some new players in the Fellowship and some who joined and then do not play but that is a problem for another day. Thanks for responding to my thread.

neeronie

It is hard to tell, the pit requires more goods that it did in the past. This is a particularly hard Fellowship Adv. It hard to give advice since I cannot see what you are capable of many or how many player are contributing in your fellowship. It may be best as Muckesterme said to use this one as a learning experience. You don't want to discourage your Fellows. I had everyone make BS and Statues to be ready for the start and I am still not sure if we can do it. The requirements to get through Stage 3 are daunting. Take a look at Gamersgemsofknowledge.com. There you will find the information and the Badges required for each stage.
Good Luck. neeronie NoRulesNoKidding

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
It is hard to tell, the pit requires more goods that it did in the past. This is a particularly hard Fellowship Adv.
The FA that ran in beta is not the one running on live worlds. The one running on live is original FA version 4 (or D). It's exactly the same as the one we had in November. The one on beta was the same maps, but with 60% more badges required. The one on beta also required 5 of each badge per pit window, but it is likely that the one in live will require 3 of each badge. Haven't reached the pits yet, so can't verify that personally.

neeronie

The FA that ran in beta is not the one running on live worlds. The one running on live is original FA version 4 (or D). It's exactly the same as the one we had in November. The one on beta was the same maps, but with 60% more badges required. The one on beta also required 5 of each badge per pit window, but it is likely that the one in live will require 3 of each badge. Haven't reached the pits yet, so can't verify that personally.
It is hard to believe that it is the same. Maybe the badges are the same but the required badges are higher. We went through all three stages and got to the pit by day 4 in Nov. I sure don't remember the Blue path requiring 180 BS and 180 Farmers, maybe we did Green last Nov. We were smaller than but still came in ranked 70th. We mostly used what we already had build with a few tier one non boosted and a few level 1 workshops. This time around we are scrambling for expansion to build workshops and tier 1. I still can't decide was path to do for Stage 3, but I am going to have to make the choice or we won't have what we need to finish. It would be a good thing if 5 badges each in the pit are not required. Thanks for the information, everything helps.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It is hard to believe that it is the same. Maybe the badges are the same but the required badges are higher. We went through all three stages and got to the pit by day 4 in Nov. I sure don't remember the Blue path requiring 180 BS and 180 Farmers, maybe we did Green last Nov. We were smaller than but still came in ranked 70th. We mostly used what we already had build with a few tier one non boosted and a few level 1 workshops. This time around we are scrambling for expansion to build workshops and tier 1. I still can't decide was path to do for Stage 3, but I am going to have to make the choice or we won't have what we need to finish. It would be a good thing if 5 badges each in the pit are not required. Thanks for the information, everything helps.
Blue path was 120 Blacksmith in November and is 120 blacksmith this time. It was 140 farmers in November, and 140 farmers this time. There has been no change for the blue path for those badges.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@neeronie
I've kept my own spreadsheets for all FA versions since the very first FA was launched and I have access to 3 other sets of spreadsheets (TomatoeHu, Platinum Leaf, and GOK) for all of them as well. I made a spreadsheet for the one that ran on beta and saw the ones for that from the other 3 sources, too. All agree this is the exact same as the November FA: Version 4 (or D depending on how they label them). The only thing I'm still not positive about is # of pit badges per window. I'd like to hear from someone who's actually in the pits on live worlds that it has reverted to the 3 badges as well.

Darielle

It is hard to tell, the pit requires more goods that it did in the past. This is a particularly hard Fellowship Adv. It hard to give advice since I cannot see what you are capable of many or how many player are contributing in your fellowship. It may be best as Muckesterme said to use this one as a learning experience. You don't want to discourage your Fellows. I had everyone make BS and Statues to be ready for the start and I am still not sure if we can do it. The requirements to get through Stage 3 are daunting. Take a look at Gamersgemsofknowledge.com. There you will find the information and the Badges required for each stage.
Good Luck. neeronie NoRulesNoKidding
Thank you, Neeronie. I appreciate the link and the advice.

Darielle

Thanks for the info. I really don't think we have a shot at that, so yes, we are doing one path on each map and will probably just dump badges for as long as we can in the pit. We are by no means big players (except for 1 mage, who is leading the FA and is quite good). Some of our players are very small and very casual. I'm in 9th place in a fellowship of 23 and I have only 23000 points since I just started in October, so yes, we are small. I admit it's a little maddening to wait for hours and hours so that everyone has a chance to get in a badge on each map, but I also understand that we are a team and need to wait for those who work all day, live on the other side of the world, etc. I wish there was a way to move faster without making smaller players lose out. (Not that some of them care, but a few do, I think.) I also wish there were some way to motivate players. I think I'm just too addicted ... I seem to always want to push everyone into tournaments, FA badges, etc. I"m not being fair, I know. The group should not have to stop their casual style just because I'm too addicted to this. I sometimes feel as if I'm too pushy in trying to rouse interest in tournaments and stuff, so I try to tone myself down. Sorry; I'm rambling now! Anyway, thanks.

DeletedUser23403

I get so tired of constant complaining about crappy prizes.
Every event, every FA, every spire, every dang day

Just play the game for the fun of it

The FA is a great team event
Your FS has to work together to get it done
If you do it right the biggest prize is that it makes your FS better

You end up with a group who works together towards a goal
Instead of a group of whiny children
Our FS just loves to compete, we don't even care about the prizes. The greatest reward for FA's is the accomplishment earned by trying our best