• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Darielle
Players who are rarely on often have a hard time placing badges and they ultimately go to waste. Leaving the space open means a chance for someone to fill it, and then the more active players can produce theirs on demand later.

I've also held my badges when I wanted to avoid certain waypoints. Even if I have what's needed to close the one before it, I'll keep it open as long as possible to avoid someone accidentally placing badges in the wrong place.
Does it matter if they go to waste, as long as the member got on the board and can participate in the prizes? I'm just trying to understand. I know a lot of us have Elvarian Guards, but all of those will go to waste because we're doing orange, blue, green, which means we have no stops in which we will use guard badges. The ones who don't have the right badges, therefore, can just drop an Elvarian guard anywhere they want and still get the prizes for the map. So why hold open spots for too long when you're coming down to the wire on timing? I hope I'm making sense on my reasoning; thank you for your answer.

Kekune

Does it matter if they go to waste, as long as the member got on the board and can participate in the prizes?

It depends. Yes, a lot of badges go to waste. If you have no other use for them, then that's just part of the game. I've got at least 50 elvarian guards and nothing to do with them, lol.

But if you're planning to try the pit at all, then you don't want to waste the ones you need there. Especially the long ones like blacksmiths and necklaces.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I would ask them their strategy. One possibility is that once a waypoint is closed, if someone gets on who has no other badges that fit the stage, they can not participate. So I always try to keep one or more waypoints open that have a mix of easy badges, to ensure people who have few options might have a chance of participating. Unless your team is sufficiently aggressive to place in the top 20 groups on the server*, there is little advantage to completing waypoints outside the required path. The points are of no use if you can't compete for the top prizes.

* Some will argue the top 100, but really, since the introduction of the Spire, a few hours of timer instants are hardly an incentive to work harder.

neeronie

I'm having a hard time understanding the AM and Mages in our fellowship. We could be on one stop for 10 or more hours and the harder badges are still not filled, but they won't drop their badges. They say in chat that they have 8, 10, whatever of a harder thing, so why does the FA go excruciatingly slowly? They say we have to give everyone a chance to participate, those who work, etc. I can understand that. But I don't see people who rarely participate suddenly filling up 40 necklaces. I put in seven necklaces on our current green dot; I am not sure any of the mages with higher points than me put in even one yet. A couple others added so we have a total of 11 necklaces now, so we still need tons and we've been on this stop on the path since yesterday. With only 34 hours to go, why are we stuck so long on each stop if they say in chat they have all these items? I made a comment but no one is awake yet, lol, so I thought I'd come here. Am I missing something on strategy? I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt if there may be a good reason.
I sure do not know what they are thinking but they may be planning to do the pit and want to save their badges. It might be good for you to message and ask so that you will be more informed and more comfortable. They may also be counting the ones they have cooking and not yet actually in their inventory.

neeronie

Very true.
It often happens that badges, "go to waste", it is really hard to get a handle on what two dozen players are making and only the first 9 are used in the pit. It really is not something to get too strung out about however, the best defense against making wasted badges is to communicate with the path manager if you fellowship has one.

DeletedUser24536

If anyone will please give advice to a fairly newer player, what is a better strategy ... to get through the easiest path on each stage as fast as possible and then get to the pit and keep dumping badges as long as possible, or is it better to take more than one path on a map and perhaps not get to the pit after all. I'm not sure I even want to do the pit, but that's the way that we always do it. Is there more prizes for going on two paths instead of one on each map? If there's no more prizes for doing two paths, then I guess it doesn't matter either way, but I'd just like to know what others think. Thx

The main 2 reasons for the paths is first to give one choice for cities that can't make the endowments yet. second reason is for the better groups you can complete 1 or 2 or 3 paths so when you get to the end you get all 3 chest. the paths them self's have no prizes. I learned today that you can go on to a second level same path design just more to do. the game gives you the choice to stay at level 1 to keep working at all three path's or chest rewards. i will attach a picture to show you

Attachments

• gamechoice.jpg
    gamechoice.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Stage 2 map.jpg
    Stage 2 map.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:

neeronie

The main 2 reasons for the paths is first to give one choice for cities that can't make the endowments yet. second reason is for the better groups you can complete 1 or 2 or 3 paths so when you get to the end you get all 3 chest. the paths them self's have no prizes. don't quote me but i think i read if you do not complete the path the fellowship doesn't keep the points either. i learned to day that you can go on to a second level same path design just more to do. the game gives you the choice to stay at level 1 to keep working at all three path's or chest rewards. i will attach a picture to show you
Your Fellowship will get the points of all completed dots and waypoints on any path whether you complete that path or not. That being the case, it is fine to complete them for the point count they represent.

DeletedUser24536

Your Fellowship will get the points of all completed dots and waypoints on any path whether you complete that path or not. That being the case, it is fine to complete them for the point count they represent.
thank you for the correction and i hope i didn't cause anyone to give up there quest lol i have removed that from the original post don't want anyone confused

Crow Last Elf

With only 34 hours to go, why are we stuck so long on each stop if they say in chat they have all these items? I made a comment but no one is awake yet, lol, so I thought I'd come here. Am I missing something on strategy? I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt if there may be a good reason.

I hope your fs can put your enthusiasm to good use! I agree with other comments that the AM is likely wanting to give other players the ability to contribute to the path that is completed. Just placing a badge on a random waypoint is not very satisfying if it happens to the same players on each stage due to time zone differences or what have you.

I can certainly see how a delay at each/many waypoints can be frustrating. I think there are always fs looking for competitive and enthusiastic players. Do you play in more than one world? With many cities on the go, you would find the challenge you are looking for.

Darielle

I sure do not know what they are thinking but they may be planning to do the pit and want to save their badges. It might be good for you to message and ask so that you will be more informed and more comfortable. They may also be counting the ones they have cooking and not yet actually in their inventory.
That's a good thought.

Darielle

I hope your fs can put your enthusiasm to good use! I agree with other comments that the AM is likely wanting to give other players the ability to contribute to the path that is completed. Just placing a badge on a random waypoint is not very satisfying if it happens to the same players on each stage due to time zone differences or what have you.

I can certainly see how a delay at each/many waypoints can be frustrating. I think there are always fs looking for competitive and enthusiastic players. Do you play in more than one world? With many cities on the go, you would find the challenge you are looking for.
Thank you; I just discovered Elvenar in October, so I haven't tried anything else yet except Sinya Arda. I'm just building up and have only reached C5, so I guess I'm still a newbie, lol. I've got a lot to learn, and I'm doing it here!

Darielle

Well the point is moot anyway on which is better, since just after I dumped all my high value badges into a 1500 point waypoint that wasn't quite finished, one of the other players accidentally pulled the flag to enter the pit, so I lost all of those. There were a few other waypoints that were "almost" completed, so we probably lost about 2700 points that we could have gotten. There's no way we'll get that in the pit. The person apologized, so it was accidental. I can't blame him ... I accidentally dumped farmer's badges into the wrong waypoint when I first came on yesterday and was still waking up. I'm just heartbroken that I didn't save those badges for the pit. Ah well ... it's only a game, it's only a game, it's only a game ... ;)

Darielle

The main 2 reasons for the paths is first to give one choice for cities that can't make the endowments yet. second reason is for the better groups you can complete 1 or 2 or 3 paths so when you get to the end you get all 3 chest. the paths them self's have no prizes. I learned today that you can go on to a second level same path design just more to do. the game gives you the choice to stay at level 1 to keep working at all three path's or chest rewards. i will attach a picture to show you
Thanks for the pics!

Darielle

I would ask them their strategy. One possibility is that once a waypoint is closed, if someone gets on who has no other badges that fit the stage, they can not participate. So I always try to keep one or more waypoints open that have a mix of easy badges, to ensure people who have few options might have a chance of participating. Unless your team is sufficiently aggressive to place in the top 20 groups on the server*, there is little advantage to completing waypoints outside the required path. The points are of no use if you can't compete for the top prizes.

* Some will argue the top 100, but really, since the introduction of the Spire, a few hours of timer instants are hardly an incentive to work harder.
A lot of our people are newer with few points, so that makes sense.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well the point is moot anyway on which is better, since just after I dumped all my high value badges into a 1500 point waypoint that wasn't quite finished, one of the other players accidentally pulled the flag to enter the pit, so I lost all of those. There were a few other waypoints that were "almost" completed, so we probably lost about 2700 points that we could have gotten. There's no way we'll get that in the pit. The person apologized, so it was accidental. I can't blame him ... I accidentally dumped farmer's badges into the wrong waypoint when I first came on yesterday and was still waking up. I'm just heartbroken that I didn't save those badges for the pit. Ah well ... it's only a game, it's only a game, it's only a game ... ;)

Now that is the fault of the Archmage or Mages not demoting everyone in rank they do not want pulling the flag. A fellowship that does not drop all but a few members back to Fellow rank is just asking for this to happen to them. A fellowship should not have more than a few people who have the authority to do that during a FA, preferably in different time zones, so it does not sit at the end of a stage for several hours waiting to be advanced.

Darielle

Now that is the fault of the Archmage or Mages not demoting everyone in rank they do not want pulling the flag. A fellowship that does not drop all but a few members back to Fellow rank is just asking for this to happen to them. A fellowship should not have more than a few people who have the authority to do that during a FA, preferably in different time zones, so it does not sit at the end of a stage for several hours waiting to be advanced.
Almost everyone in the fellowship is at ambassador or higher. I am a mage, and I joined the fellowship in late October (after having first played Elvenar around October 10th, so brand new). Out of 22 in the fellowship, I think we only have 2 fellows and they came within the past month (come to think of it, one longtime player is also a fellow, but they haven't played for at least 6 months or more.) Someone accidentally pulled the flag in the second stage as well, so this was bound to happen. I actually mentioned what you recommend ... putting everyone down to fellow (including me). I don't think it was taken seriously. Ah well ... Sigh.