• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Almost everyone in the fellowship is at ambassador or higher. I am a mage, and I joined the fellowship in late October (after having first played Elvenar around October 10th, so brand new). Out of 22 in the fellowship, I think we only have 2 fellows and they came within the past month (come to think of it, one longtime player is also a fellow, but they haven't played for at least 6 months or more.) Someone accidentally pulled the flag in the second stage as well, so this was bound to happen. I actually mentioned what you recommend ... putting everyone down to fellow (including me). I don't think it was taken seriously. Ah well ... Sigh.

From that description I think you could really benefit from a new FS. One with some experienced players who like to teach and help "youngsters."
If you were on F world I could recommend a couple.

DeletedUser24536

We don't usually get that much warning. If past patterns hold, next will be a mini-event around Valentine's Day, then there might be an FA before a Spring/Easter event, or their might be a craftsman challenge instead.
that sounds more like the right answer. but maybe i ask the question poorly what does FA designate as hmmmm off to wiki lol

CHANDY

I get so tired of constant complaining about crappy prizes.
Every event, every FA, every spire, every dang day

Just play the game for the fun of it

The FA is a great team event
Your FS has to work together to get it done
If you do it right the biggest prize is that it makes your FS better

You end up with a group who works together towards a goal
Instead of a group of whiny children
Gotta agree with it being a great way to build a great fellowship. Worth much more than any prize, but make the prizes better would be good too

CHANDY

@neeronie
I've kept my own spreadsheets for all FA versions since the very first FA was launched and I have access to 3 other sets of spreadsheets (TomatoeHu, Platinum Leaf, and GOK) for all of them as well. I made a spreadsheet for the one that ran on beta and saw the ones for that from the other 3 sources, too. All agree this is the exact same as the November FA: Version 4 (or D depending on how they label them). The only thing I'm still not positive about is # of pit badges per window. I'd like to hear from someone who's actually in the pits on live worlds that it has reverted to the 3 badges as well.
yes the pit is 3 badge x 3

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
From that description I think you could really benefit from a new FS. One with some experienced players who like to teach and help "youngsters."
If you were on F world I could recommend a couple.
Thank you. The team has a lot of congenial members. It was great when I was brand new in October, answering my newbie questions about trading, etc. I fear that I am too competitive for a casual group and they might even be better off without my constant drumbeats about tournaments, etc... a couple members like tournaments and are fantastic with them but most don't care. I grow afraid that I seem pushy by posting how far we are away from the third or 4th chest or by making suggestions, to try to spur interest. I don't want to usurp authority and my desire to do all the team things might bother those who just want to have fun with no stress. That's very much the tone of the group's message ... no stress. But I thrive on stress! Once, we lost the 5th chest by only one or two hundred points, but I just couldn't squeeze out one more point. That was disheartening to go for broke in a week when some did nothing or 30 points. I don't bother that much any more (ironically, we did get the 4th chest this week even though I only did 600 this time ... go figure, lol!) But I promised I'd stick around a while so I'm going to honor that promise. Right now I'm a bit frustrated because 6 of the 9 badges in the pit are workshop badges, and I have no idea what the others are doing. The AM says that most don't communicate so she can't get a total. I'm afraid if we all do toolbox, we won't be able to progress.. I put in chat what I was doing (toolbox and carpenter) but it's difficult to keep interest in the pit. Sigh; I'm rambling again. I just don't want to give you the impression that the fellowship is bad; it's got some great people. It's just a more casual group than my interest in the game "fits" with. I'm addicted and I practically live here. Good thing I have a stay at home job or I'd get fired, lol.

Kekune

I just don't want to give you the impression that the fellowship is bad; it's got some great people. It's just a more casual group than my interest in the game "fits" with.

It's all about fit. Really, most groups have nice people in them. What makes the best gaming experience is to find one that fits your playstyle. Because they're probably nice too, you just don't know them yet. Seriously - you should find a group that shares your energy. You'll enjoy the game better and your city will grow.

Darielle

It's all about fit. Really, most groups have nice people in them. What makes the best gaming experience is to find one that fits your playstyle. Because they're probably nice too, you just don't know them yet. Seriously - you should find a group that shares your energy. You'll enjoy the game better and your city will grow.
Thanks; I feel a sense of loyalty to those who helped me when I was new. Maybe if I go nuts again in the next FA, lol, I'll think about it. I appreciate the input.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I just don't want to give you the impression that the fellowship is bad; it's got some great people. It's just a more casual group than my interest in the game "fits" with

I was making no judgement on the people as individuals. But as an FS it doesn't seem to fit your needs.

I can sympathize with you on tourny play.
I've always been a big fan of the tourny and never did understand why some people have no interest at all.
It is annoying when you break your back getting as many points as possible, then some schlub does one province and gets the same prizes you do. That's one nice thing about the Spire team play. You get out according to what you put in.
When you eventually break down and go FS shopping, check the FS description and see if they talk about tournaments.

The last FS I was in did not require tournament participation, but if you did play then you had to get at least 500 points. That made things more fair.
The FS I am in now requires 1000 points every week and gets 10 chests every week. FS's like this suit my style.

Darielle

I was making no judgement on the people as individuals. But as an FS it doesn't seem to fit your needs.

I can sympathize with you on tourny play.
I've always been a big fan of the tourny and never did understand why some people have no interest at all.
It is annoying when you break your back getting as many points as possible, then some schlub does one province and gets the same prizes you do. That's one nice thing about the Spire team play. You get out according to what you put in.
When you eventually break down and go FS shopping, check the FS description and see if they talk about tournaments.

The last FS I was in did not require tournament participation, but if you did play then you had to get at least 500 points. That made things more fair.
The FS I am in now requires 1000 points every week and gets 10 chests every week. FS's like this suit my style.
Yes, I think I would like that kind of fellowship, too. I'd love to be able to get a blueprint now and then to use in the MA. My average on Elven Gems was over 1000 a few weeks ago (although that dropped to 778 now). The thing that really made me upset about this FA is that we were told we need tons of statues. I wound up with 8 extra statues to waste and no stock of smaller badges that we are now desperate for and no one has (or maybe they do, but idk). I'm scrambling to make those for the team, to get the two hour timer. I think there are a lot of easier ways to win a 2 hour timer, lol. I haven't talked to most of the members, but one of them that I talked to is in the same position I'm in, with tons of statues and nothing else. I honestly don't think the newer players should have made any statues after the initial ones (2 days ahead of the start). The newer players, who only have a few marble, steel and wood, should have been told to make the smaller badges. But then, I'm no expert on that so there may be a reason why they should keep doing 2 day. Maybe we just didn't have enough participation to do otherwise, idk. It's just disheartening to have invested so much time in statues that went to waste because someone pulled the flag early. Now we're scrambling not to lose the 2 hour timer. :( Ah well, I'll weigh your words carefully, and I thank you for them. (I just realized I included myself in the "newer players,"but I suppose I should stop doing that since I'm in 9th place out of 22 members. I still feel like a newbie. ;) )

Last edited:

DeletedUser2990

I get so tired of constant complaining about crappy prizes.
Every event, every FA, every spire, every dang day

Just play the game for the fun of it

The FA is a great team event
Your FS has to work together to get it done
If you do it right the biggest prize is that it makes your FS better

You end up with a group who works together towards a goal
Instead of a group of whiny children
No you don't get a Fellowship that works together, you get a FS that splits apart, people going off on their own, pressure put on you to play, pressure if you don't contribute enough, bad feelings all the way around. Very terrible addition to game. I play the game to relax, not to have more stress.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
No you don't get a Fellowship that works together, you get a FS that splits apart, people going off on their own, pressure put on you to play, pressure if you don't contribute enough, bad feelings all the way around. Very terrible addition to game. I play the game to relax, not to have more stress.
Then you need a different fellowship. We have about 70% participation, but other than group messages about what's happening (which they can delete if they want), there is no pressure on the people who aren't participating.

DeletedUser2990

How do you get across to your FS, that dumping badges willy nilly onto any waypoint is a waste of badges, when they could have been used on the proper path. People still think that they will get the big prize if they just throw a badge anywhere.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
How do you get across to your FS, that dumping badges willy nilly onto any waypoint is a waste of badges, when they could have been used on the proper path. People still think that they will get the big prize if they just throw a badge anywhere.
technically, they will get the big prize no matter where they put their stuff. As long as the group finishes that stage

Darielle

technically, they will get the big prize no matter where they put their stuff. As long as the group finishes that stage
Our problem was that when we finished the path and were going to do the other waypoints, everyone went to a different waypoint to start dumping badges. I was kind of yelling that we should all work on one of the waypoints to get it filled before going to the next. Instead, they went willy nilly, as Caviezel said. Just when one was almost filled, someone "accidentally" pulled the flag so all those tons of badges were lost that could have brought in a heck of a lot more points than the pit would ever give us. Sigh.

Kekune

I'm curious how each world scores. On US4, the 1st place group currently has about 74k points, and still going. 2nd place is a distant 40k.

How do other worlds compare?