• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

Deleted User - 4356104

I get so tired of constant complaining about crappy prizes.
Every event, every FA, every spire, every dang day

Just play the game for the fun of it

The FA is a great team event
Your FS has to work together to get it done
If you do it right the biggest prize is that it makes your FS better

You end up with a group who works together towards a goal
Instead of a group of whiny children
I'm a fairly new player and this was my first FA, but I liked working together with my fellowship and helping where I could. I see it as a positive part of the game. I agree with others, that this is the real benefit of the FA.

AtaguS

This is my first FA since being away from the game for almost a year and I just wanted to pop in and say how fantastic the changes to badge making are. How lovely to still have wrist function after 5 days of an FA instead of burning them out clicking through a mountain of possible badge options :D And being able to make multiple badges at once made a huge difference as well...Loving those changes. It is nice to know Inno listens.

NightshadeCS

How do you get across to your FS, that dumping badges willy nilly onto any waypoint is a waste of badges, when they could have been used on the proper path. People still think that they will get the big prize if they just throw a badge anywhere.
Our problem was that when we finished the path and were going to do the other waypoints, everyone went to a different waypoint to start dumping badges. I was kind of yelling that we should all work on one of the waypoints to get it filled before going to the next. Instead, they went willy nilly, as Caviezel said. Just when one was almost filled, someone "accidentally" pulled the flag so all those tons of badges were lost that could have brought in a heck of a lot more points than the pit would ever give us. Sigh.

This is one of those things that depends purely on communication and the personalities/playing styles of your group. Even in my FS, which I consider quite good, there are a few folks that just flat out don't pay much attention to the directions. I have learned, for my own sanity, to just ignore it. There have been some FAs where I send out so many messages, so many reminders in chat, that a person couldn't go wrong unless they flat-out ignored chat and messages. It still happens that some will get badges in the wrong spot, or get excited when near the end that they can clear out their inventory.

My advice is to be patient, communicative without bossing people around, and to figure in about 10% waste and 20% unreported excess. As we have gone through more and more FAs, everyone gets a better feel for what we need and things smooth out.

As far as actual practical suggestions:
1. A Plan, that is told to everyone. Which paths, which extra waypoints will be done. Some of this is decided on the fly, but let folks know when those decisions will be made and who is making them.
2. Some groups us a code in chat that everyone is supposed to use. Every comment, no matter if it is an "lol" has to be prefaced with the waypoint code (example B1 for Blue 1).
3. I prepare a series of FA "notes" that I send out before every FA. Reminds people of some of these rules that are not obvious, little tricks to help with badges, etc.
4. Private communication with problem cases. As I said before, some people are just not good at going with the flow, but are an asset to the team in other ways. Sometimes you just have to ignore them. Other times, you need to say something, but it should always be done in private, not by calling them out in chat. Or, if you are not a senior member of the FS, take it to your Mage or Archmage for them to address it in private.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
This is one of those things that depends purely on communication and the personalities/playing styles of your group. Even in my FS, which I consider quite good, there are a few folks that just flat out don't pay much attention to the directions. I have learned, for my own sanity, to just ignore it. There have been some FAs where I send out so many messages, so many reminders in chat, that a person couldn't go wrong unless they flat-out ignored chat and messages. It still happens that some will get badges in the wrong spot, or get excited when near the end that they can clear out their inventory.

My advice is to be patient, communicative without bossing people around, and to figure in about 10% waste and 20% unreported excess. As we have gone through more and more FAs, everyone gets a better feel for what we need and things smooth out.

1. A Plan, that is told to everyone. Which paths, which extra waypoints will be done. Some of this is decided on the fly, but let folks know when those decisions will be made and who is making them.
2. Some groups us a code in chat that everyone is supposed to use. Every comment, no matter if it is an "lol" has to be prefaced with the waypoint code (example B1 for Blue 1).
3. I prepare a series of FA "notes" that I send out before every FA. Reminds people of some of these rules that are not obvious, little tricks to help with badges, etc.
4. Private communication with problem cases. As I said before, some people are just not good at going with the flow, but are an asset to the team in other ways. Sometimes you just have to ignore them. Other times, you need to say something, but it should always be done in private, not by calling them out in chat. Or, if you are not a senior member of the FS, take it to your Mage or Archmage for them to address it in private.
Thank you, Nightshade. I think we are learning more and more with each FA. This was my second, and I think the third will definitely be better for all the good advice I get in the forum.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Thank you, Nightshade. I think we are learning more and more with each FA.

And that is exactly the right attitude

My FS did really well. 100% participation, with no one being hounded.
Constant communication from the people running the show.
We came in third in a very competitive race.
And you know one of the first comments I saw afterwards was, " Next time we will know to .......... "
Every FA is a learning experience no matter how advanced you are.

neeronie

i willing to bet some one could point me to another thread answering this but when does the next FA start?
The pattern has been quarterly. So, May maybe, They always try it out in beta first and usually it will go live within two weeks of beta, give or take. It depends if there were some kinks to fix.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The pattern has been quarterly. So, May maybe, They always try it out in beta first and usually it will go live within two weeks of beta, give or take. It depends if there were some kinks to fix.

I think the event pattern will be different this year. We are getting a month-long event combining Carnival and Valentine's together, instead of the usual Valentine's mini-event. It gives us our next evolving building and just started on Beta. That means we should get another FA shortly after this event ends and will give us extra artifacts for the new building. So my guess is about two months til the next FA starts.

neeronie

I think the event pattern will be different this year. We are getting a month-long event combining Carnival and Valentine's together, instead of the usual Valentine's mini-event. It gives us our next evolving building and just started on Beta. That means we should get another FA shortly after this event ends and will give us extra artifacts for the new building. So my guess is about two months til the next FA starts.
Thanks for the thoughts, it is always good to prepared. I have area of space, used for buildings that will expire or ones that I can sell or teleport. This space can be used for Fellowship Adventures and encourage my Fellows to think ahead.

DeletedUser3468

I consider the FAs way too much work for too little reward and our Fellowship had basically agreed with that for this one. And then we went ahead and did it anyway. :oops:

Yeah, we knew we didn't have a chance to get through all the maps with a group of our level - no one had much extra space or population to build a ton of small factories and workshops but we made it through map one on the first day and finally made it through map two with about a day and a half left. No one went ballistic, created a bunch of drama or anything. More an amused shrug and "Well, at least we had fun." type of reaction. This is the best way to do a Fellowship Adventure. Don't worry or stress about finishing everything. Just have fun. Granted, there are some of the easier formats for FAs that our Fellowship can (and did) make it all the way through and those are even more fun and even exciting.

Pity the devs can't come up with a way of making a "generic" evolver; one where the player could choose which building it evolves. (I suppose a list of the different evolving items with a "Pick one" direction would work but it would be kind of clunky to do.) I'd like to see better awards for the maps on the order of (assuming the devs could come up with "pick one" type evolver) 1st map award: 1 evolver (you get to choose), an ancient knowledge instant and some other instant. Map 2 award: 2 evolvers (you get to choose) a better ancient knowledge instant and some other instant. Map 3: 3 evolvers (you pick the type again), a still better ancient knowledge instant, a portal profit instant and one other instant. That sort of award would make me much happier though it still would be a lot of work for a smallish reward but not as bad as it is now. This will, of course, never happen since it would mean coming up with a way of allowing the players to pick the evolver and some people wouldn't really need or want that many. *sigh* Nice to dream though! ;)

neeronie

What a good idea! I have evolving buildings I have not place because I don't have the artifacts to make it worthwhile in my opinion and some that don't need additional artifacts. You never know what they might come up with when a suggestion is made. I suggested "rent a space" one time so you could remove a building to make space for an event and now we have teleport. I don't know if this came about because of my suggestion or if it was already in the works but making suggestions does give the developers some food for thought.

My fellowship does the Fellowship Adventures in a big way, For us it is the challenge that motivates. We did all three stages the last two and 2 the one before. We just started the Fellowship in June, 2019 and at that time we were all small cities. That may make the difference in our attitude about the prizes. We are looking forward to the next one and the prizes have not even been mentioned yet. Go team is our cheer.

neeronie

If you are fortunate to have someone who has skills like NIghtshade, you might even have a spread sheet to help keep track of what has been made and what is still needed. I am lucky to be in the same fellowship and I have learned a lot.

neeronie

What a good idea! I have evolving buildings I have not place because I don't have the artifacts to make it worthwhile in my opinion and some that don't need additional artifacts. You never know what they might come up with when a suggestion is made. I suggested "rent a space" one time so you could remove a building to make space for an event and now we have teleport. I don't know if this came about because of my suggestion or if it was already in the works but making suggestions does give the developers some food for thought.

My fellowship does the Fellowship Adventures in a big way, For us it is the challenge that motivates. We did all three stages the last two and 2 the one before. We just started the Fellowship in June, 2019 and at that time we were all small cities. That may make the difference in our attitude about the prizes. We are looking forward to the next one and the prizes have not even been mentioned yet. Go team is our cheer.
If you are fortunate to have someone who has skills like NIghtshade, you might even have a spread sheet to help keep track of what has been made and what is still needed. I am lucky to be in the same fellowship and I have learned a lot.
I post with one name but play two cities, one on Winyandor that is my small city and one that is in Chapter 14, where Nightshade does the path managing for FAs, as long as I have played in that city, all the flags where ours and where I learned to love the FA

DeletedUser3220

yes it is 3

Try having friendly contests.
An FS I was in some of the bigger players donated goods. I forget exactly how we did it even though I was one of the people donating.
But basically we'd offer 10000 ( or whatever seems good to you ) goods of the person's choice to whichever 3rd page member got the highest tourny score. And I think we had a prize for 2nd place too. And prizes for page 2 players also.
Or you could have a drawing for everyone who scores over 1000.
Whatever
Hopefully after you do that a couple times people will start to discover for themselves the value of tourny participation.

Like have a couple of mages pick a number and if player reach a certain score they have a chance to guess the #. Ever who comes the closest wins the jackpot. Good ideas, Thanks, mucksterme!

DeletedUser3220

Off the track just a little, but wanted to add that we are getting more team participation in the Spire as well since the added team prizes, But I don't see that happening in FA.
I think that is because the FA doesn't offer the prizes like the Spire does. I have received 2 magic residences and 500 diamonds twice, along with a few smaller offers.
I have to say...I very much like the Signature Squirrel made for you. I used that same profile picture for awhile until I could get this one. Good job, Squirrel!

DeletedUser24536

Thank you both for the information i will be sure to watch for the fun thanks guys