• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

hvariidh gwendrot

i am going to complain about crappy prizes on adventures since this is the FA thread and the prizes are crappy ) .. artifacts .. bring back phoenix, stonehenge, or bear artifacts, you keep making seriously crap top prizes then an adventure with extra artifacts for the crap prize sure it's free but so is a pile a trash on the side of the road and i don't stop to get that either )

The Unbeliever

I agree with the idea. It doesn't have to be a lot, but if people can craft the old buildings, then new players should have a faint hope of upgrading an older building, even if it takes a year or two.
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

Hextapul IX

We are going to give it a try since some of our players need the artifact. They need them because they are small cities and could not get them during the Winter Event, which was too hard for them. The number of Blacksmith in combination with the number of 1 and 2 day builds, plus the 9 hr Farmers at Stage 3 will be a stopper for us I fear. Small cities just do not have the expansions needed to accomplish this Adventure. I wonder if there are any small cities in beta and if so how much were they able to contribute. Now multiply that by, say, 15 cities (participation rate) of the same size and see if they can do all three of the Stages in this FA. Will report one way or the other.
If your more powerful players ship 3-star good trades to smaller cities, they can use the goods to negotiate provinces instead of combat. The smaller cities can then get a lot more land that way without spending money for diamonds. They can also hold off on building tier 2 and tier 3 facilities, which will not be needed for FAs anyhow. The extra land can be used for tier ones, workshops and housing. Actually the best cities in our Fellowship are the smaller ones because of this dynamic. Eventually, those cities can transition to better overall cities after they grab enough land that way.

Daiman Rahl

As this will be my third or fourth FA I have learned from all the previous ones. I'm ready and itching to go.
Like you Darielle I love the challenge and push a lot. I love the rant Ramble on, ramble on.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
(copied over from another thread, since this is a better place to reply)

I'm the Archmage in Harandar and two things worry me. 1. Are we for sure there will be an FA for the Live worlds after Beta is finished (I know in the past 3 times there has been a Live world FA afterwards) 2. The badge count for Beta is a huge hurdle for smaller Live World FAs (in my opinion) but last time they reduced the badge count. I'm hoping they do the same thing again.

Any opinion on these two subjects? :)

@BlueBlade I meant to reply to you last week, but went out of town and forgot. Anyway, as far as I know, and in all the time I have been playing, all events/tourneys/adventures/etc that have happened on Beta, have happened on all the normal servers/worlds as well. Sometimes there are changes or delays, but I do not remember anything not happening at all.

As for the badge count, we will all have to wait til Monday to find that out together.

DeletedUser24536

OK folks i am not sure who said it but to anyone else that thinks each FA's use the same badge list they are wrong!!!!!!! Also the next FA is some time this month. i have 2 useful urls first is the main page the second is a spreadsheet of the badges needed for all 3 paths on all 3 levels

BlueBlade

As this will be my third or fourth FA I have learned from all the previous ones. I'm ready and itching to go.
Like you Darielle I love the challenge and push a lot. I love the rant Ramble on, ramble on.

I'm with you on this! I love the challenge and the prizes are not as important to me as the team building aspect of my fellowship. Personally, I think it helps a city grow a bit faster during an FA.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
As hard as it is to scramble for enough land to build shanties for the FA, the best part is when the FA is over and you clear out that whole shanty town and you are left with all this beautiful raw land. It makes for a lot of fun after the FA is over, in addition to the fun of the FA itself.

BlueBlade

As hard as it is to scramble for enough land to build shanties for the FA, the best part is when the FA is over and you clear out that whole shanty town and you are left with all this beautiful raw land. It makes for a lot of fun after the FA is over, in addition to the fun of the FA itself.
Plus it's the perfect time to rearrange your whole city like one big giant puzzle to master!

DeletedUser24571

I say we skip the fellowship adventure and just bring the new Festival to live world now,, it’s way better and will really help newer players and fellowships.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
just bring the new Festival to live world now
Pretty sure it was only released for Beta testing today. Not likely they'll bring it live until the beta test is complete.
In the past, the time between Beta launch and live world launch has been around 2wks. Sometimes, Fellowship Adventures have only been 10 days between launches, but those were Versions 1-4 (or A-D) that have been released several times on live already. Fellowship Adventures and Challenges are the 2 event types (both last one week or less) that tend to be released between mini-events (that last from 10days-2wks) and main events (that last 3-4 weeks). The main events are like the Winter Magic in December, the Carnival (Valentines one that just ended) and the upcoming Phoenix (Phoenix has been around Easter every year I've played), Summer has had different themes from the Solstice to Mermaids to Stonehenge; Fall has had Halloween and Eldrasil's Rising (that I can think of off the top of my head). The Winter Event is always around the winter holidays.

TL;DR: They switch between event types on a pretty regular schedule and don't run the same types of events back to back.

T6583

Kinda hoping that we get an announcement soon on when the FA will start in Live Worlds if at all. My FS members keep asking about it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And Browser. I notice they menstion the CET time zone, but not a time. So probably noon there and the usual wee hours of the morning here.:
1583516572895.png

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I honestly see no reason to complain about FA rewards to much. As i see the main reward being able to make FS more active and communicating with each other. That working together to remind you that its a team building game; not just a bunch of single ppl that happen to talk once every 30 years.

I also dont like the artifact rewards. Yea, some players might have gotten all they needed form an event. But not everyone does. Not everyone can. And sometime RL gets in the way from being able to be on and do events actively. So having a FA where you can grab an artifact on every map is a nice gift imo.
They also cant be giving out a new better building every single event. That would throw the balance way off. So it can be a hard balancing game.

What i will 'complain' about however is the UI for the FA event. Now i will gladly give respect to those that spent the time working out the new badge collection system. That is one of the best improvement to date for any event. As well as the ability to now start all workshops at the same time. Bit props for those two. They have really changed the FA for me.

But there are two things id like to see in addition to this. The first is a simple expansion of what they did to the workshops, being able to start them all at once, and carry it over to the manufacturies. That would be great to have.

The second is probably more complicated, and maybe there is a better idea of how to deal with this problem. But id like to see an adjustment to the FS badge collection and utilization mechanics. - Now i mentioned above the benefits of the whole tema building event and i stand by that. But i also acknowledge that some ppl dont care, some ppl might not have time to be accurate (badges used off path), might speak a different language (iv had russian ppl in my fs before), and a few other issues. And it can be a bit infuriating to have plans that arnt being followed by a few. Sometimes its cause they are pricks, but sometimes they have real good reasons. Iv had players in my fs that have had family member in the hospitals (or worse) that simple dont have time for proper FA play. And i certainly dont blame them. Sometimes they log on collect everything as fast as they can, use anything they can on whats open, and log right out. And again, its irritating form a planning perspective. But form a RL perspective, i dont fault them one bit. Its nice that they even took the time to do that.

Iv also played a number of other group based browser games growing up. Its the same issue in every single one. and 10-20 years later its still the same issue. So while the idea of the team play is great, reality dictates that some parts might need adjusted.

How we go about determining what and how to adjust is of course open for debate. - I think the simplest thing (not that im a programmer/coder) might be a badge pool. Where either when a player collects a badge, it goes to the FS badge pool where the mages and arch can place them where they see fit. Thus freeing up others from the task and they dont have to worry about it if RL is acting up. - Or, if its simpler to code (i have no idea) let each person collect there badges and hold them (as they do now) but with an added feature to 'donate' them to the 'FS badge pool'. Where mages/arch can use as needed. / Similar to the AW donation system. You get kp, you donate kp. Except now you get badges, you donate badges. Only we can actually use those badges.

Or if there is a better idea, im all ears. (seriously, i play an elf.)

Deleted User - 3932582

So you start here:
As i see the main reward being able to make FS more active and communicating with each other. That working together to remind you that its a team building game; not just a bunch of single ppl that happen to talk once every 30 years.

then proceed proposing scheme that removes need for communication with individual members, and consolidates most of the decision-making on the mage level, relegating rank-and-file to simply being badge suppliers. That's... not very consistent.