• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
So, the answer is.....start preparing now and be ready by Tuesday to get some Statues started so they are ready the moment the FA begins.....right?

AJ

Deleted User - 4646370

So, the answer is.....start preparing now and be ready by Tuesday to get some Statues started so they are ready the moment the FA begins.....right?

AJ
Or just start preparing when it's announced, as you have the time to make Statues between the announcement and the beginning of the adventure.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Or just start preparing when it's announced, as you have the time to make Statues between the announcement and the beginning of the adventure.

Not quite. Here's the thing. Suppose it starts on Friday at noon. They will probaly announce it on Wednesday at noon. It takes 48 hours and so, on the face of it, you have the time, right? But you will probably not see the announcement at noon on Wednesday. Maybe you'll see it at 4pm after you get off work. Maybe even later. So, instead of waiting for the announcement, start even earlier so that the moment things begin you are out the door and running hard. It's a quibble, perhaps, but an important one, I think.

AJ

Deleted User - 4739469

Hey, hope it's all right for me to jump in with a quick question. I noticed recommendations to start preparing, but no specifics have been mentioned. How can I start preparing? Not sure if it's relevant or required information for anyone to offer preparation tips, but am on Chapter V (halfway through) and my boosts are: Marble, Silk, and Gems - not sure what else to list, but let me know if you need anything specific. ;)

Ivy1996

Hey, hope it's all right for me to jump in with a quick question. I noticed recommendations to start preparing, but no specifics have been mentioned. How can I start preparing?
Are you in a fellowship? If not, try and find an active one who are interested in doing the FA. The FA requires a coordinated effort from your fellowship. To get a good start, place as many sets of one marble, one planks and one steel (so one set is three building) and start them on 2 day productions. And then read https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Fellowship_Adventures and https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/fellowship-adventures-2 . Good.luck!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@DawsonJr Here's a link to the Gems site explanation of badges: Gems-FA Badges
You can poke around while you're there to find other info on the FA. Version E-2 is expected this time if you want to take a look at the specific badge requirements for this one.
It is possible to produce items for the badges before the FA starts. The FA records the production when it is collected. The most effective badges to produce early and collect when the FA launches are Statues and Blacksmiths. Statues require 1 of each 48hr tier 1 factory production & Blacksmiths require 5 toolboxes (the 24hr production from a workshop). Since the requirement is the name of the production, it does not matter what level bldg makes that production. What is needed is some extra room in your city. Many players teleport other buildings into inventory to create more room for lvl 1 workshops and factories to make badges for the FA. Ex: You can build 1 each of marble, steel, and planks factories, set them to make the 48hr production, and just wait until the FA launches to collect them. To avoid accidental collection, placing them where you can disconnect a road square is best, otherwise, just be careful, lol! You can build 5 lvl 1 workshops, set them for 'Toolboxes' and do the same. You'll probably see some of the larger cities that are between guest race chapters with large farms of those lvl 1 bldgs. Collecting those long term production badges saves the time required to produce them after the FA starts, allowing focus to shift to the shorter productions after launch.

DeletedUser21474

@DawsonJr Here's a link to the Gems site explanation of badges: Gems-FA Badges
You can poke around while you're there to find other info on the FA. Version E-2 is expected this time if you want to take a look at the specific badge requirements for this one.
It is possible to produce items for the badges before the FA starts. The FA records the production when it is collected. The most effective badges to produce early and collect when the FA launches are Statues and Blacksmiths. Statues require 1 of each 48hr tier 1 factory production & Blacksmiths require 5 toolboxes (the 24hr production from a workshop). Since the requirement is the name of the production, it does not matter what level bldg makes that production. What is needed is some extra room in your city. Many players teleport other buildings into inventory to create more room for lvl 1 workshops and factories to make badges for the FA. Ex: You can build 1 each of marble, steel, and planks factories, set them to make the 48hr production, and just wait until the FA launches to collect them. To avoid accidental collection, placing them where you can disconnect a road square is best, otherwise, just be careful, lol! You can build 5 lvl 1 workshops, set them for 'Toolboxes' and do the same. You'll probably see some of the larger cities that are between guest race chapters with large farms of those lvl 1 bldgs. Collecting those long term production badges saves the time required to produce them after the FA starts, allowing focus to shift to the shorter productions after launch.
Just a FYI about building teleporting, remember you will lose points, population and culture when you teleport the building.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Good warning, @crazycuban !
One thing, though: If you teleport factories/workshops, you'll gain population and culture, but will need to have it available when you want to put the building back in your city. Some players I know run MM spells daily on factories (PoP spells on workshops) starting when the FA launches on beta and stockpile the inventory they'll need for the week of the FA. They then teleport those higher level bldgs, making loads of room for the lvl 1 buildings (and getting the necessary pop/culture for them as well). When they sell off the lvl 1 bldgs, they get back the pop/culture used for those bldgs and are able to put all their upgraded bldgs back in the game.

DeletedUser21474

Good warning, @crazycuban !
One thing, though: If you teleport factories/workshops, you'll gain population and culture, but will need to have it available when you want to put the building back in your city. Some players I know run MM spells daily on factories (PoP spells on workshops) starting when the FA launches on beta and stockpile the inventory they'll need for the week of the FA. They then teleport those higher level bldgs, making loads of room for the lvl 1 buildings (and getting the necessary pop/culture for them as well). When they sell off the lvl 1 bldgs, they get back the pop/culture used for those bldgs and are able to put all their upgraded bldgs back in the game.
Another interesting strategy, thank you :)

Deleted User - 4739469

Hello,

*Update*
I have since gone with three each of plank and steel factories and four extra workshops. I might be able to get a couple more of each in with one additional expansion, but would that be recommended, or should I have enough now?

Thanks for the input, everyone! To follow-up: how many plank and steel factories would be recommended? I have room to place three of each (can probably manage a few more with some more rearranging); as for other building quantities, I have eight marble factories and five workshops. I can probably manage another expansion or two for space to rearrange stuff, so don't think I'll need to teleport buildings, but am wondering what happens to any buildings (e.g. Festive May Tree, Wise Golem, Tome of Secrets, etc) that may be upgraded if I do teleport buildings. Say I teleported a level 10 Barracks; would it still be level 10 when I put it back?

Sincerely,

DawsonJr

Last edited by a moderator:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Hello,

*Update*
I have since gone with three each of plank and steel factories and four extra workshops. I might be able to get a couple more of each in with one additional expansion, but would that be recommended, or should I have enough now?

Thanks for the input, everyone! To follow-up: how many plank and steel factories would be recommended? I have room to place three of each (can probably manage a few more with some more rearranging); as for other building quantities, I have eight marble factories and five workshops. I can probably manage another expansion or two for space to rearrange stuff, so don't think I'll need to teleport buildings, but am wondering what happens to any buildings (e.g. Festive May Tree, Wise Golem, Tome of Secrets, etc) that may be upgraded if I do teleport buildings. Say I teleported a level 10 Barracks; would it still be level 10 when I put it back?

Sincerely,

DawsonJr
You can't teleport barracks, ancient wonders, or evolving buildings. If you teleport a workshop, residence, or manufactory then they will be the same level when you bring them out that they were when you teleported them.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A new Fellowship Adventures starts Friday 21st (modified type E2, 16 item).
Read more here: https://tinyurl.com/yyegsm4r

117875954_10217456693109873_319133582247455836_n.jpg