• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

DeletedUser2983

We have a space in our cities, title bar, that we can type in a name, specific help from neighbor visits, or AW's. Is it possible to add this type of area to the FA map? This way, we can type into the space the pathway color that we want members to work on as each stage is available.

I know we have mail, spreadsheets, and chat. But sometimes members have to get on quickly and they don't check all the posts. Having a place to type in the color of the current pathway on the FA stage map would be extremely helpful.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I wonder when we will see any changes, either waypoints flagged, or the ability to lock tough ones
Hahaha @Lelanya made a funny! These ideas have been around since the very first FA. I *think* we've been told they would detract from the communication and coordination components that are essential parts of the FAs. Of course that's the reason! It couldn't possibly be that these mistakes are viewed as possible reasons for players to spend diamonds to make up for them...
I truly don't understand the logic behind a company deciding it prefers to make revenue off customers who grudgingly give it because of mistakes than to commit resources to a Premium Store where customers would gladly buy 'extras'. Many of these could be existing artwork in the form of bldg skins, prior event bldgs, troop packs, FA badge packs, etc...

hvariidh gwendrot

seems like folks should just chat about stuff, while chatting let members know to not waste money on adventures, then post a message to the fellowship, then do what you chatted about, and you don't need any extra bells and whistles .. these programmers make enough mistakes as is without sending them in to do changes that are not needed

Kekune

I do like this suggestion. Unlike others (locking waypoints, pooling badges for the mages to use, etc) it doesn't remove the need to coordinate. It just provides another tool to do it, in a way that would improve the experience for everyone involved. Sorting through hours of chat or a bunch of mail threads to see what's expected now is pretty tedious. Even teams who already coordinate well would appreciate this simpler way to do it.

DeletedUser11725

I would be happy if we could just lock out a path to keep the ones that want to stray to the straight and narrow. Some of them no matter how many times you say Green Path will still put them on the Blue or Yellow and they are the exact badges needed on the Green

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The hardest part of being in charge of the FA is getting people trained to do the FA properly. By "properly" I mean how you think it ought to be done. You send out messages, put it in chat and say it over and over and people pop in, plop down their badges on the waypoints you are NOT doing, and pop out. Good bye to the 10 Statues you needed for that other waypoint -- the one on the GREEN path you ARE doing! Argggg.

But there is hope.

I've notices that the longer we have the same people in our fellowship and the more FA's we do the better we get. We are actually down to just 2-3 "pop, plop, and leave without reading the instructions" and that's good. We are also at a point were 70% of our people actually report what they are supposed to report, up from about 30% when we started. Here are some things we have done to make it better. None of them are big revelations, but they do work.

First, we strive to keep the same people long term. Most of our players have been with us more than a year and done 3-5 FA's. They know the system.

Second. we don't expect perfection in a day, month, or year. So each mistake is covered gently with a personal notice. We remain positive and emphasize the player's contributions and commiserate with them over the mistake. And we keep their failing private.

Third, we set clear goals and then minimize the amount of work the players have to do. There are only 6 badges they need to report and they do that in a message thread by typing the code for the badge and the qty. 3-5 characters per report, that's it. Our 3 FAO (Fellowship Adventure Officers) do the heavy lifting of capturing the data and putting it into the spreadsheet.

Fourth, and most importantly, we are consistent. We try not to change horses in midstream. We tell everybody what paths we are taking up front, sent out a daily report, and keep everybody informed of what's going on. It's a lot of work for the FAO's but it gets results.

Anyway, that's how it works in my fs. Hope some of the things help you too.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The hardest part of being in charge of the FA is getting people trained to do the FA properly. By "properly" I mean how you think it ought to be done. You send out messages, put it in chat and say it over and over and people pop in, plop down their badges on the waypoints you are NOT doing, and pop out. Good bye to the 10 Statues you needed for that other waypoint -- the one on the GREEN path you ARE doing! Argggg.
AJ

If it makes you feel any better, people are the same way in real life. I do road work for a living. You can have signs saying "road closed ahead" posted for 2 miles. Then you can have a row of orange barrels across the road. With additional orange barricades on the other side of the barrels. On the other side of all this, there are 5 pieces of equipment working with 10 or more dump trucks around them. Despite all this, somebody is going to drive up and ask "can I go this way?"

hvariidh gwendrot

when a trophy is involved you have to get the ducks in a row and get them to follow momma duck .. it's a weak structure and serious lack of team play blocking paths .. mistakes happen and it's the fellowships that avoid them or deal with them that deserve the higher scores and rewards, or just a finish for the 3 stages rewards .. not the ones who can't focus members and want inno to write unneeded code so they don't have to communicate and coordinate with the team

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the ones who can't focus members and want inno to write unneeded code so they don't have to communicate and coordinate with the team
The community wouldn't keep asking for features like this if the communication tools provided weren't 20 years old(see image below from 2001)
How many fellowships in the top 10 use a 3rd party tool like discord or a spreadsheet? 90%? All of them?
That's a pretty clear indication to me that there is a flaw in the system.

I mean we still have a majority of cities with "BCM" in their name to indicate buff preference, players constantly lose notifications because the notifications overflow and the chat only has a single tab with virtually zero features other than "/who"

Players would love to "communicate and coordinate" with the team...we just want more than 2 cups connected by a string to do it with.

2001.jpg