• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I mean, that might be for the best, all things considered. :p
Oh yeah so, we've been having more adventures with the last backup bag that wasn't used as fuel rods in the nuclear popcorn explosion. Eating them in the original rod form versus powder form on popcorn seems to have a different effect on the staining power. The stuff does NOT wash off despite repeated handwashing with both hand soap and dish detergent! My index finger and thumb have had a reddish radioactive glow for the past 2 days. I've now resorted to eating them out of a bowl with a spoon like cereal. Try to get at my fingers now, Red Dye #4! Perhaps I should not buy any more of these. Be warned, @Zoof!

For example, if one fellowship finishes the maps handily every time and spends some time in the Pit without going out of their way and finishes with 15,000 points, but another fellowship has its players live online and everything is planned down to a milliproduction and they finish with 80 or 90,000 points...even if they are severely curtailed, they're still going to beat the first fellowship all hollow, but if they end with a score of, say, 40,000 now, that might encourage the first fellowship to attempt competing for a ranking spot sometime, whereas right now, they don't even see the point of doing anything other than the bare minimum to finish, which means they spend 3 or 3 1/2 days on the FA, and then ignore it to the end; kind of the opposite of what Inno presumably wanted when they added the Pit to begin with.
We average in the mid-80k and are feeling the coin pinch, but we'll likely still just push through with coin rains. Part of being good at FAs is to be good at all the other team aspects of the game, like Spire and Tourney. Most of the group here has high hoarding tendencies, though I always think I'm doing a decent job amassing resources until I come read the forum. Of course, the question then is...will coin rains sustainable over 5 FAs, right? I foresee people start planting large Ferris Wheel spreads to prepare for the next FA, and then Inno changes things again to make Guards the new bottleneck.

Well, between unnecessarily needing to put out excessive T1 factories for bracelets and buying ungodly amounts from wholesaler at unfriendly prices because we need to keep dumping coins to make a coin badge, I don't think there is merit in saying there's a shortage of T1s.

Zoof

Thanks for the warning @crackie ! I haven't gotten around to making them yet and the Swedish Fish keep disappearing on me. I figured I'd need gloves, but now I know it'll not be for the reason I thought it'd be for!

Also, if Inno decided to make guard badges the next bottleneck, it'd have to be by some insane degree to nerf the guys who're constantly pushing time boosters as though you were growing 'em all in vats. Where the heck do all the troops come from, anyhow?

As for coins, tho, idk if anyone's mentioned this but coins earned from quests also count. Which might help some smaller cities out there since those rewards are proportionally bigger. Need 396k coins at chapter 3? That chapter 2 supplies quest pushes 45k each time. 2k supplies is so easy when you're already full of slum workshops and have a lot of golden hands nearby to help. And (at least for me), the prior quest which demands 40k coins + 2 advanced tools will autocomplete that quest when I finish this one! Moneybags for d... erh. minutes?

EDIT: Now I'm feeling sorry for the guys running the new tech tree with regards to events. Did they intentionally change it to make it harder for the new people? Thanks for the replies; I hate strongly dislike the new tree even though I never saw it personally. I'm now thankful that my third city successfully failed in the goal to get it.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
As for coins, tho, idk if anyone's mentioned this but coins earned from quests also count. Which might help some smaller cities out there since those rewards are proportionally bigger. Need 396k coins at chapter 3? That chapter 2 supplies quest pushes 45k each time. 2k supplies is so easy when you're already full of slum workshops and have a lot of golden hands nearby to help. And (at least for me), the prior quest which demands 40k coins + 2 advanced tools will autocomplete that quest when I finish this one! Moneybags for d... erh. minutes?

Those quests no longer exist for new cities with the new research tree, so time to find something else for them to do to earn coins and supplies.

Deleted User - 849994935

The new tech tree doesn't have cycling quests like the old tech tree. Although I do have some quests I can reject I'd be a fool to do so as the quest line is one of the only places to get extra resources and coin rains aren't one of them.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Why were these badge changes not run through beta first?
There have been tweaks on badges between beta and live in the past, but I feel like even if they did release these numbers on beta and everyone screamed, kicked, and hollered, they would still roll it out live unchanged. Unless it's like a typo, they don't really do much between beta and live. I'm not at all convinced beta is worth my time to play same event multiple times and expect worthwhile gripes be heard and changed.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
It isn't worth your time Crackie, IMO. I have a city in beta that I have not played on in a couple years now for that exact reason. They rarely take any advice from the beta testers. They just use them to check for bugs and as you have stated they don't even fix the bugs {unless they are game breaking} and they go to live anyways. So I quit playing there and trying to help as they don't really want it.

Last edited:

Ivy1996

We are struggling with coins. To get one coin badge I (chapter 19) have to do 120 visits or collect a one day production of 27 magic residences. In previous adventures I could a 5% coin rain (and 4 visits) and now I need a 25% coin rain. Although I like a challenge, this is a tricky one. Only way to get a decent amount of coin badges is through spending much instants. OR am I missing or miscalculating something?

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Astram and @helya, to the best of your ability can you explain why these changes were made? It would help us all better understand (somewhat) the reasoning behind this decision.

Please and thank you
At this time all I know is the statement about the change, nothing more. Here you did get a notification even if late, other places well nothing.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I liked it because I appreciate the messenger, but that's a really tough message to like! Seriously. Quit printing monopoly money at the central bank! The hyperinflation is ridiculous. We can't even afford a bag of Cheetos now!
In my case it would have to be a bag of "cheatos" 'cause it's the only way I'll be able to get all the badges we need given the high cost of coins. I just visited 320 provinces and got exactly 1 coin. I've been counting how many visits equal a coin and this at the beginning of my count it was 34. Now it's about right at 300. That's a bit much, don't you think?

AJ

Wizard Howl

This change to coins won't hurt larger, money-paying cities, with stocks of coin rains and magic residences up the whazoo, but it will severely affect newbies or small cities (and I speak as a player who has both).

If Inno truly wants to limit the Pit play, either add another stage to the map or cut the time back a day to where it was originally. This change, especially when it wasn't even tested in Beta, is short-sighted and harmful to the majority of players.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Last time, we figured that one 15% coin rain would produce a badge. Now, it takes 50%! Not cool. Especially when the coins spots were the ones we could count on for late or straggling participants.
You needed a 15% coin rain if you had not done the Main Hall upgrades for a chapter yet. But if you had done them, you could usually make a coin badge with a 10%.

defiantoneks

if there was a useful way of spending the extra coin instead of flushing it down the wholesaler toilet then maybe i could at least make use of the coin rain option and earn something in return. buying KPs only goes so far, knowing you're killing yourself down the line in other events or quests where they require purchase of kp and maybe you dont have coin overflowing at that point.