• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

Ravmin

Folks, we all know and realize that the coin badges were raised, allegedly by accident. There is an assumption that this will be fixed. But a review of Speedless' posts, has raised an issue. Did the bracelet badge increase, and is there plans to restore ONE and only ONE of these two badges to their previous level. What if there is a change coming in the very near that will render all of our feedback about coins secondary? Is the bracelet badge at that point then the new limiting factor? We need to be canny here, not reckless.
My guess, there's a new adventure map in the works which will require lower amounts of these badges. It's easy enough to accidentally include a future change when pushing out a release.

Honestly, this has been a welcome change to what would have been yet another fa with prizes that aren't really worth the effort. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more surprises from Inno. Of course, they should be intentional next time.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
it's likely they won't hear a peep about the bracelets...
That was a weird tweak. Yes, we hear people say they have Guards and Coins galore, but who's going around saying they've got too many Bracelets or Bracelets are too easy? They are hard enough already for later chapter cities. It takes like 7 factories to make a bracelet or something and those are some biggie factories too! And then the people that have an easier time with bracelets already, they lowered the number. That's a weird game decision to make it something harder for those already having a hard time and easier for those already having a stroll in the park.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My Arendyll fellowship is not competitive in the FA either and we still finish in top 50 each time. We finish all nine paths and once in a while complete stage 3 with a few hours left to play in the Pit. And this is a fellowship where every city is into sentient goods and beyond, so normally not lots of space for the baby buildings. And that might be part of why the coins badge is not bothering us as much as other, lower chapter fellowships, as it seems the increase in coins needed gets smaller, the higher your chapter.

It's next to impossible for all levels, not just early chapters. The fellowships with all late game players are suffering terribly. They need to make it easier across the board.

For example, I have something like 320 neighbors I can visit. I need approximately 190 visits to make one coin badge. So even if I visited everyone in my neighborhood and fellowship every day, AND collected coins from around my city (remember late game players have fewer residences to collect coins from and more event buildings for pop) ... there's almost no way to make 2 coin badges per day. Most new players, if they visit all their neighbors and collect their residence gold faithfully every three hours, can still manage to make close to 2 coin badges. So I'd say it's equally hard across the board. At least it seems like it to me.

So given the fact that the average person can make less than 2 coin badges daily, and given the fact that they want 100s of coin badges, where are these supposed to come from? The Fairy Coin Mother? This is far, far worse than blacksmiths, because at least you can set aside 20 workshops and still get 4 blacksmiths daily. You know what you'll have at the end and can plan for it. This is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS.
That was not my experience in my chapter 5 cities. The coin badge requirement is in excess of the main hall capacity. Granted, the main hall is not fully upgraded yet. Without using coin rains, with collecting all houses and visiting all neighbors, it takes more than a day to make one badge. I didn't get my first coin badge in my chapter 5 cities until my second round around the neighborhood on day 2. That is what I mean by early chapters have it harder. My cities are not even able to make 1 badge per day unless instants are used.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
That was not my experience in my chapter 5 cities. The coin badge requirement is in excess of the main hall capacity. Granted, the main hall is not fully upgraded yet. Without using coin rains, with collecting all houses and visiting all neighbors, it takes more than a day to make one badge. I didn't get my first coin badge in my chapter 5 cities until my second round around the neighborhood on day 2. That is what I mean by early chapters have it harder. My cities are not even able to make 1 badge per day unless instants are used.
How close is it to being fully upgraded? In chapter 5, a maxed Main Hall would be at level 15. If it's anywhere near there, then that shouldn't happen. Gosh, Inno needs to fix this mess pronto!

It's horrible for all of us, but that's totally unacceptable. Even if your Main Hall is only at level 13, that's still unacceptable! :(

How close is it to being fully upgraded? In chapter 5, a maxed Main Hall would be at level 15. If it's anywhere near there, then that shouldn't happen. Gosh, Inno needs to fix this mess pronto!

It's horrible for all of us, but that's totally unacceptable. Even if your Main Hall is only at level 13, that's still unacceptable! :(
I just checked, and I am further behind in upgrades than I thought. My main hall is at level 9 or 10, depending on the city. So my struggle probably isn't applicable to everyone.

But even with my main hall that low, I haven't struggled with coins in my regular game play. I have the minimum number of residences needed to support my city, and I have to use the wholesaler daily to dispose of excess coins. Upgrading my main hall would only make this situation worse, as I would have to add more residences to support the main hall, which would give more coins. I don't want to have to upend my regular game play just to be able to function in an FA.

Toran of Rymfire

I've cashed in all my gold boosters, visited every neighbor on my map and every Fellowship member, switched my name banner to request Main Hall Only, and I'm collecting on every gold-producing building and AW I have (my Golden Abyss is level 29!). I even time-boosted a Scout just to get the new neighbor for handshake gold and I STILL only have 3 Sacks of Coins. I'm the second-ranked player in my Fellowship. If I'm having this much trouble, I don't know how the smaller players will deal with the new requirements.

Shy of selling off all my boosted manufactories, I don't see how collecting over 40 Coins badges is doable for small- and mid-size Fellowships. And the FA rewards just aren't worth that sacrifice.

My Fellowship is half players with small cities. Fix this or I don't see how we can continue to participate in the FAs.

Deleted User - 849994935

This change to coins won't hurt larger, money-paying cities, with stocks of coin rains and magic residences up the whazoo, but it will severely affect newbies or small cities (and I speak as a player who has both).

If Inno truly wants to limit the Pit play, either add another stage to the map or cut the time back a day to where it was originally. This change, especially when it wasn't even tested in Beta, is short-sighted and harmful to the majority of players.
Yes, I think the change is to encourage players to buy badges.

Deleted User - 849994935

I just checked, and I am further behind in upgrades than I thought. My main hall is at level 9 or 10, depending on the city. So my struggle probably isn't applicable to everyone.

But even with my main hall that low, I haven't struggled with coins in my regular game play. I have the minimum number of residences needed to support my city, and I have to use the wholesaler daily to dispose of excess coins. Upgrading my main hall would only make this situation worse, as I would have to add more residences to support the main hall, which would give more coins. I don't want to have to upend my regular game play just to be able to function in an FA.
All my tiny cities are in the same situation. None are fully upgraded because of the demands of pop & culture and any coin rains I've won from events have been disenchanted to satisfy event quests for spell frags. It was more important that I get the artifacts to evolve the event building than save coin rains for a rainy day.

Deleted User - 849994935

just for an opposing view. my fellowship is not competitive in the FA. We have finished under rank 100 once but we get all the maps done. Nobody has said a word about the sack of coin badge. I brought it up but still nobody cares. we have 2 maps done now (1 path each) and as we don't care about ranking in this event we are ahead of schedule with almost 4 days left in the event. 3 players missed the first reward but one was travellinig to Italy and one has been absent without reason for the last week. Everything is going ahead as scheduled. I personally have made only 3 or 4 sacks of coins but have not done anything extra like visit tons of neighbors or use coin instants.
It seems ur in a fortunate minority.

No change affects all peeps equally. Judging by the number of new forum members commenting we know many peeps are struggling. Perhaps fs with many well established players who've accrued a big stash of coin rains will get thru this issue unaffected but eventually their resources will run out.
Hopefully this is a glitch they will fix.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I cannot understand why when they have already admitted it was an error to implement the new amounts at this time, that they just wouldn't send out a bunch of free coin rains to everyone to fix the problem for this FA and let us at least believe for a minute that they care about their customers and the retention of players in this game. Easy fix to help Fellowships at least be able to get enough coin badges to complete the FA seeing it was their fault in the first place. But of course that would be to easy.

quin629

All 3 of my worlds have now started Level 3 - orange path is now ridiculous with 118 coin badges. Green is only a little better at 78. Which leaves blue with few coins, but huge amounts of 24 & 48h badges. All 3 have slowed to a crawl. Does inno want everyone to abandon the Adventures?

On stage 3, try doing the blue path to the 2nd tricolor, then switching to green until the end. Takes 23 coins, 93 blacksmiths, 54 necklaces, & 93 statues. That's more statues than the blue path but far fewer coins, smiths, & necklaces. And statues can be made in a much smaller land area than blacksmiths.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I am way overscouted in my Khel city. I visited my entire map, visited every fellow, collected all the gold in my city and still I could only make a few coin badges. My fellowship is small, we don't compete with the big dogs. we just try to complete the FA. I doubt that I can do this. I've spent every coin rain I have. I should be able to make more than that, simply BECAUSE I AM OVER SCOUTED. INNO can use the old tired excuse... future future future, but that doesn't mean diddly squat. They were going to give us more storage for those stupid shards and they never did. I don't know what they are thinking but they have mailed it in, they decieve and they don't give a jolly damn how it affects the people that play this game every day. I won't be doing the FA anymore if this is the way they are going to do things and I may not play this game at all. I loved this game from the moment I started playing but they have destroyed everything good about it. I won't reserve judgement. This is a total fail AND they DO NOT CARE.

Cleo7311

My favorites - either someone's relative put their foot in it - or they got hacked! Now that we are 2 days in - they have no way out except to stop the Adventure - for the second time. The first time was so messed up that they stopped it after a very few hours. - when we had nonsense all across the map.

Cleo7311

Level 3 strategy is split between green or the blue then late green crossover. Depends on how coin production vs 24 & 48h badges compares. Of the 4 FS I have info on - no one is doing L3 orange.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yes, I think the change is to encourage players to buy badges.
That was specifically denied by the German CM, who speaks of Elvenar Dev team as 'we', as in we decided to leave the current GA'. I think around page 332 of their feedback thread. That should be accurate, lol, I don't read that Forum enough to sign in, never mind ignore members (tempting as it is, re the 'ignore' feature :p).

Smooper

I am struggling to understand if people are not going to be able to collect the 3 levels of prizes. As I said, our fellowship will be able to easily get all the prizes except for the prizes we never could have recieved. Everyone will struggle with this so everyone will end up ranked about where they always would rank unless you desperately try to achieve the same level of points as you did before. It just seems a simple, finish the maps and prepare for next adventure differently. Can you imagine if they dropped elegant statues on you without any forewarning? "We will need dozens of factories and extra time to make these, its unfair". But what happened is the ridiculousness:
Fellowship adventure city example.jpg