• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Please be advised that with the Fellowship Adventure that started a few hours ago, there have been some changes to the quest conditions, which (significantly) impact the costs of the badges in the Adventure. Because of this change, some of the badges are now more expensive, while others are cheaper. The changes are (of course) dependent on the player' current Chapter. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am just disappointed that Inno could not be bothered to say anything before the FA started and only just now, 9 hours after it started, have they bothered to let the mods say anything on the forums. And these same people have the nerve today to put a post on Facebook asking if people love or hate the FAs. lol

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Why aren’t the color dots locked ? Is this a new feature ?

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The most annoying part of it is, they didn't scale down the number you need. The coin badge, AW badge, Guard, tiara and badges like that were the ones that the smaller cities could crank out. Now they are discouraged because they can't produce them like they did last time. Inno really doesn't have a clue what it's like to be the average player in an average fellowship. They really should do some RESEARCH BEFORE they do stupid things that are supposedly for our player enjoyment benefit.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Here's the thing. They monkey with the badges but they are keeping the same adventure path. Why can't they change the paths and make it more interesting rather than mailing it in with the same map FA after FA? Well, hey, we have some time on our hands so lets change the requirements instead because that will surely be better for the players <insert equally liberal amounts of sarcasm and disgust to the previous sentence>

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Astram not your fault, as it seems a response was delayed on many other forums, to the point many people made their complaints about it on the Beta forum, where it might have more likely have been seen.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
We can't even afford a bag of Cheetos now!
I mean, that might be for the best, all things considered. :p
.... lets change the requirements instead because that will surely be better for the player ....

Personally, I'm going to reserve judgement on this until I see whether it negatively affects simply finishing the maps for most fellowships. I don't think Inno ever intended the Pit to become the insane ranking battleground it has, it was just meant to keep player engagement by giving especially fast fellowships something to do after finishing the maps. I suspect this badge change was done not as a "player enjoyment benefit", but as a balancing means of limiting the points earned by high-flying fellowships in the Pit, which is theoretically a good thing for the engagement of the player base at large.

For example, if one fellowship finishes the maps handily every time and spends some time in the Pit without going out of their way and finishes with 15,000 points, but another fellowship has its players live online and everything is planned down to a milliproduction and they finish with 80 or 90,000 points...even if they are severely curtailed, they're still going to beat the first fellowship all hollow, but if they end with a score of, say, 40,000 now, that might encourage the first fellowship to attempt competing for a ranking spot sometime, whereas right now, they don't even see the point of doing anything other than the bare minimum to finish, which means they spend 3 or 3 1/2 days on the FA, and then ignore it to the end; kind of the opposite of what Inno presumably wanted when they added the Pit to begin with.

Now how the changes actually play out remains to be seen but that seems a likely motive to me, anyway.

Farinx

It seems like a bit of an FU to anything you have planned. No other badge is going to matter if you make one 5X harder overnight.

Makes me wonder about oversight at Inno... Someone said lets make one badge 5X harder and someone above them approved? It's just so weird, I'm still hoping this is a bug.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
If I am not mistaken a previous FA had an issue and the only way to fix it was cancel or restart, and the restart meant no premade "stuff" for badges. Is that correct?

Wizard Howl

If you are going to make a badge considerably harder, you should at least reduce the number required in some of the waypoints. Last time, we figured that one 15% coin rain would produce a badge. Now, it takes 50%! Not cool. Especially when the coins spots were the ones we could count on for late or straggling participants.

Deleted User - 849994935

The most annoying part of it is, they didn't scale down the number you need. The coin badge, AW badge, Guard, tiara and badges like that were the ones that the smaller cities could crank out. Now they are discouraged because they can't produce them like they did last time. Inno really doesn't have a clue what it's like to be the average player in an average fellowship. They really should do some RESEARCH BEFORE they do stupid things that are supposedly for our player enjoyment benefit.
Exactly. Why have the FA tech unlock in ch 1 when so much of the FA is beyond the reach of small cities. if I'm lucky I'll have one coin badge by the end of the FA

Personally, I'm going to reserve judgement on this until I see whether it negatively affects simply finishing the maps for most fellowships. I don't think Inno ever intended the Pit to become the insane ranking battleground it has, it was just meant to keep player engagement by giving especially fast fellowships something to do after finishing the maps. I suspect this badge change was done not as a "player enjoyment benefit", but as a balancing means of limiting the points earned by high-flying fellowships in the Pit, which is theoretically a good thing for the engagement of the player base at large.
I agree with this. As long as even weaker fellowships (15 active players) can complete one path on each stage without being blocked by this badge, I would be fine with the change.

But if they keep it, I think they should tweak it so that it is easier for early chapters. I have a chapter 5 and chapter 13 cities. The chapter 5 cities are finding it much harder to get the coin badge.