• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

wen724

just for an opposing view. my fellowship is not competitive in the FA. We have finished under rank 100 once but we get all the maps done. Nobody has said a word about the sack of coin badge. I brought it up but still nobody cares. we have 2 maps done now (1 path each) and as we don't care about ranking in this event we are ahead of schedule with almost 4 days left in the event. 3 players missed the first reward but one was travellinig to Italy and one has been absent without reason for the last week. Everything is going ahead as scheduled. I personally have made only 3 or 4 sacks of coins but have not done anything extra like visit tons of neighbors or use coin instants.
My FS didn't really notice the change until we got to level 3. That's where they really get you. I think I was noticing that it took a lot more gold to get one badge, but the number of badges was still doable.

Lemon Wren

some of the requirement changes have got me feeling like not bothering anymore. The rewards just aren't spectacular enough to deal with this FA aggravation
I have three accounts and the last two times I looked for a new FS I specifically checked to see who mentioned FAs and then avoided applying to them. (Although I'm currently in two great ones that didn't mention FAs and I still feel like there's an unspoken expectation that all will participate.)

My third city will leave a FS that has seen enough players leave that I'm leaving, too, as soon as this FA ends. The next time I apply to a FS I really hope I can find one that specifically states "FA optional." I'm already sick of this FA, but am continuing to grind out badges so as not to disappoint the others. Ugh, enough. Need a break from all this semi-mandatory tedium.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Feedback is jsut the obvious. Coin badges are the main hold up. Even more then blacksmiths or residues 0.o
On starting day i gathered a full MH of coins, 15 mag residences of coins, 11 regular residences of coins, neighborlyed helped all the fs and every single neighbor... i got maybe 2 coin badges that day.

The total for a 3-3-3 path run is 361 coin badges. If your fs has a full 25 members.. and all active.. and all participating... thats about 15 coin badges per person. That would work out to roughly every single player (of the 25) needing 2-3 badges a day.
So theoretically, a perfectly filled and active fs's could have a chance at achieving that normally. But we all know the vast majority of fs's arnt a full 25 active members. Which realistically means that the only way to get those coin badges needed is by using coin instants. (And note: we havnt even mentioned fs's that like to do the pit.)
Prizes has always been a factor that many ppl complained about in Fa's. An expiring building or two, some instants, and an artifact or two, is generally the reward pattern. But now it would take more instants to get there then we would get as a reward. That would make the prize pool seem even worse.

Im one of the unicorns that likes the idea behind the FA's. But this adjustment seems wrong. Its not an evening out or reballancing.. its just a slap in the face and a kick in the coffers. Its not adding anything to the FA. Only taking away from it.
Adding to this with a real in game perspective.. There are 46h left in the fa. On my server, my fs is ranked 29 out of 1006. We are not playing competitively. We are not worried about points. We are not worried about ranking. We usually just try to finish everything on the three maps and thats about it. But right now we are ranked 29 out of 1006... at 46h left... and we havnt even finished the third map yet!! (hung up primarily on coins.)

I know there is still time to go, and still have that last minute badge crunch to go.... but the fact that we are so far into the fa and are ranked 29 in points with no goal of trying to get them.... shows how much other players are either not giving a damn about the FA now, or are not able to complete the fa the way they used to now.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm happy for all the fellowships who aren't affected by this. But all of my fellowships have been negatively impacted. In the most severe three cases, I don't even have enough things to sell to make even ONE coin badge. So congrats to all who don't have to try and are still up there. But I feel like I represent the little people here... this was an undue hardship that they should have corrected from the beginning. They could have refunded all the badges put in and started over. They could have done something. ANYTHING. But they chose to do nothing but say 'oops'...this is for some vaguely future thing we are going to do. And before anyone tries to defend INNO to me, don't waste your keystrokes. I may have mentioned I've been here a long long time. I've been through the GREAT AW NERFING and all the 'oopsies'. I won't believe that they have a plan to fix something until it is in place and WORKING.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
There's lots of FS's that aren't competitive in the FA. It's really doubtful the company sees a revenue stream from those FS's during FA's. Since the goal (for any company) is revenue, I'd guess they're trying to move in a direction that increases revenue. I'll be surprised if this snafu moves them towards that goal*.

*unless this is a strategic 'snafu' designed to make us accept a reduced version of an increase in requirements for certain badges. After all, if they 'fix' the coin sack requirements, it's likely they won't hear a peep about the bracelets...
I always find so many companies ideas for making revenue so backwards... maybe its jsut me.. but it seems to be the opposite of what they should do. (Games in general, not specifically aimed at only inno).

So many make the game tedious as hell and boring to try and get ppl to spend to make it less tedious and slightly less boring.

Those are the games i tell to piss off. I wouldnt give a cent to them. Where as games that are at least interesting and have the appearance of not just trying to screw me over at every step... those i would be willing to drop a little bit here and there. I unno, maybe im the one thats backwards..

But thats one reason iv, so far, liked this game from inno. It may take a while for things to get developed and implemented... but they have shown that they are listening and trying to improve the games UI.
FA over the last couple years is actually a good example. Anyone that remembers the days of the two square quest windows on the left of the window for fa badge quests.. having to decline 10 quests to get to the one you want. Collect that one badge. Then decline 10 again to get back... collect the second badge... repeat 10 million times. We could only have two quests active at once. Anything that went over the amount needed for the badge was lost. Anything gained while the quest was not active was lost... couldnt collect multiple badges (carry over)... Coin badges were all kinds of fun -_- because neighborly help meant clicking on each city to go in to it.. finding the building you wanted to give neighborly help to (which was not always easy to do), giving the help. Going back to the world map and locating the next city. Repeat over and over for every cit yon the map..

Today its so much better because of the UI improvements inno made. Looking back, im not sure how any of us could keep our sanity doing that the old way...
But inno seems to be making UI improvements to better the game. Where as many others would make that first horribly tedious system on purpose and keep it that way.. or make it worse.. to try and get ppl to spend money. ><
So i can respect that concept of trying to make it better for the ppl.

These coin amount updates tho.... are not helping the ppl. They are not even 'balancing out the game'. Its just been a massive annoyance that slows everyone down.

And fa's still have more room for improvement! i could do another report on that alone! Hey inno! Im available as a consultant ;)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I have three accounts and the last two times I looked for a new FS I specifically checked to see who mentioned FAs and then avoided applying to them. (Although I'm currently in two great ones that didn't mention FAs and I still feel like there's an unspoken expectation that all will participate.)

My third city will leave a FS that has seen enough players leave that I'm leaving, too, as soon as this FA ends. The next time I apply to a FS I really hope I can find one that specifically states "FA optional." I'm already sick of this FA, but am continuing to grind out badges so as not to disappoint the others. Ugh, enough. Need a break from all this semi-mandatory tedium.
I respect people who can recognize and act on that instead of doing things they don't want to do through gritted teeth and staying in a mismatched fellowship

So many make the game tedious as hell and boring to try and get ppl to spend to make it less tedious and slightly less boring.
Somewhat accurate, except the characters with detachable heads when they talk are the Canadians in South Park. I'm not sure I want to live in a world where it's the Canadians that are nefariously plotting and executing senseless ideas for capitalistic gains. Noooo, not our polite, apologetic neighboUrs of the north!

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Every day I am reminded what an ambitious middle of the road player I am. I aspire to get as much booty as I can within the limits of my time that are imposed by my not being able to quit my job and still maintain the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed... you know, eating and stuff.

Zoof

I always find so many companies ideas for making revenue so backwards... maybe its jsut me.. but it seems to be the opposite of what they should do. (Games in general, not specifically aimed at only inno).

Those are the games i tell to piss off. I wouldnt give a cent to them. Where as games that are at least interesting and have the appearance of not just trying to screw me over at every step... those i would be willing to drop a little bit here and there. I unno, maybe im the one thats backwards..

But thats one reason iv, so far, liked this game from inno. It may take a while for things to get developed and implemented... but they have shown that they are listening and trying to improve the games UI.
FA over the last couple years is actually a good example. Anyone that remembers the days of the two square quest windows on the left of the window for fa badge quests.. having to decline 10 quests to get to the one you want. Collect that one badge. Then decline 10 again to get back... collect the second badge... repeat 10 million times. We could only have two quests active at once. Anything that went over the amount needed for the badge was lost. Anything gained while the quest was not active was lost... couldnt collect multiple badges (carry over)... Coin badges were all kinds of fun -_- because neighborly help meant clicking on each city to go in to it.. finding the building you wanted to give neighborly help to (which was not always easy to do), giving the help. Going back to the world map and locating the next city. Repeat over and over for every cit yon the map..

Today its so much better because of the UI improvements inno made. Looking back, im not sure how any of us could keep our sanity doing that the old way...
But inno seems to be making UI improvements to better the game. Where as many others would make that first horribly tedious system on purpose and keep it that way.. or make it worse.. to try and get ppl to spend money. ><
So i can respect that concept of trying to make it better for the ppl.

These coin amount updates tho.... are not helping the ppl. They are not even 'balancing out the game'. Its just been a massive annoyance that slows everyone down.

And fa's still have more room for improvement! i could do another report on that alone! Hey inno! Im available as a consultant ;)
I'll agree with this. I continued playing Elvenar because it doesn't demand (only gently encourage via nags and promotions) that you pay for it in order to enjoy many of its premium features.

I've seen games that would "gently encourage" players to purchase a time-limited "VIP Mode" and hide QoL improvements behind them. Then tell the user that they needed to have been playing as a VIP for X amount of time before they'd be allowed the privilege of even seeing the improvement, let alone actually use it. Worse if they then tell you after gazing upon it that you really needed to have subscribed for Y amount of time. The idea of having the improved-over-quest-cycling UI being available only to paying players... it hurts me in ways I thought I'd have gotten over by now. Even if I've only been playing the game for about a year now, where this fancypants interface is all I've ever known and yet has still been improved upon since then

Halugen

Not loving the change to the sack of coins badge. Actually, that's not strong enough. I hate the change. In my low level city, I collected from all buildings and gave help to all discovered neighbors and FS members. That netted me 1 badge and maybe 10% of the next one. I don't have a lot of instants built up because I am always in need of gold while I'm growing my city. I also don't usually have the kind of time needed to sit and click through 18 pages of neighbors giving help. It's summer right now, so I have some free time, but once school starts, that changes. Inno does realize that its players have real lives they have to live, right?

I have 1 city that is currently in chapter 15. The only reason this FS made it past the 78 sacks required on the green path is that me and one other player had many coin instants saved up and were able to get us past that point. The most irritating part was having to waste so much gold in order to make room in the MH to keep using those coin instants. When I start upgrading buildings, I'm probably going to keep running short.

Choosing a different path doesn't help. 1 FS I'm in always chooses orange, but at level 3 the Ghost requirement is insanely high and we get stuck there waiting for the next tournament to start before we can get past that. That path also has the highest coin requirement for level 3. Blue doesn't require as many coins but the blacksmiths are out of sight. That's why we have mostly stuck to doing green in the FS I lead. It was doable before, but this new change to the coins may change that. We were able to use instants to get through this time, but what about next time? Unless there are enough events before the next FA to build up another stock of coin instants, we will eventually run out.

Sorry for the rant. I'm not feeling the love at the moment. I love this game and have been playing for a while now. When they made it possible to collect multiple badges we were thrilled. No more wasted resources not getting counted towards badges. But some of the requirement changes have got me feeling like not bothering anymore. The rewards just aren't spectacular enough to deal with this FA aggravation that Inno seems to feel the need to make worse at every opportunity.
Not loving it either. Many of the other badges you can plan for, but coins is set. You can get so many by neighborly help, time, etc. but to them have to use instants to get more is way not cool. I can only get 1 a day through normal means and some of these waypoints want 50 to 70. This just took the fun out and put the slog in. Wish inno would change it back.

Folks, we all know and realize that the coin badges were raised, allegedly by accident. There is an assumption that this will be fixed. But a review of Speedless' posts, has raised an issue. Did the bracelet badge increase, and is there plans to restore ONE and only ONE of these two badges to their previous level. What if there is a change coming in the very near that will render all of our feedback about coins secondary? Is the bracelet badge at that point then the new limiting factor? We need to be canny here, not reckless.
Well I am in 19, and can barely make bracelets this time around. I need to make 101k but have NO boosted old factories to do so. So I depend on my event building from a few years back, where at least once a day I can make enough for 1, maybe 1 badges. My teammates who are a bit lower than me, never got those buildings, as they started later than I did, so they are really having a problem.

Deleted User - 849411552

I respect people who can recognize and act on that instead of doing things they don't want to do through gritted teeth and staying in a mismatched fellowship

Somewhat accurate, except the characters with detachable heads when they talk are the Canadians in South Park. I'm not sure I want to live in a world where it's the Canadians that are nefariously plotting and executing senseless ideas for capitalistic gains. Noooo, not our polite, apologetic neighboUrs of the north!
As a Canadian, I'm embarrassed to say that Big Viking Games - based in Ontario, Canada - is one of the very worst for exploitive, disrespectful and unresponsive treatment of their player/customers. They seem to be in a death spiral now, as less and less people play YoWorld they seem to be devoted to extracting every last penny out of their remaining customers for less and less player gratification. So less and less people play, etc...

Meanwhile, back to Elvenar, which is still the best online game I've ever played. This current FA is extremely frustrating, and while I really wish Inno would take responsibility for their mistake and offer some kind of compensation as a gesture of goodwill, I am reasonably confident that future FAs will be made playable again.

Jianju

Please be advised that with the Fellowship Adventure that started a few hours ago, there have been some changes to the quest conditions, which (significantly) impact the costs of the badges in the Adventure. Because of this change, some of the badges are now more expensive, while others are cheaper. The changes are (of course) dependent on the player' current Chapter. Please don't shoot the messenger.
I believe the Bracelet and Coin Sack changes were intended to level the playing field since virtually all players normally can only make so many coins at a time. Bracelets are a good idea to do this with because it encourages people to produce and play more, as well as to make room to add builds and use enchantments to up production. And since manu goods have no limit, this ultimately increases city growth as well as Tournament and Spire productivity.
However, Coins are not the same. There is a limit to how many coins can be kept at a time. The only way to increase coin production is with coin buildings, more houses, more culture, and spells. But because of the limit on coins, having a mass influx of coins at one time does little to help city growth long-term. And players will be encouraged to horde coin spells until FAs, thus hindering growth - especially since FAs encourage all extra space in the city to be filled with level 1 manus and workshops. It is difficult to upgrade with no room to manuveur buildings. Thus the extra coins at best get used on wholesaler, whose prices increase with each purchase.
So while I think bracelets are a good way to make the FAs more competitive and fairer to lower level players, I do not think Coins should be used as a playing field leveler.

Jianju

But inno seems to be making UI improvements to better the game.
Yes, I agree, I like that they made it so badges have carryover and it is easier to do neighbor help now. And it is very true about tedious being a game killer. Every tedious job I ever had I did not keep long because tedious is boring af. The reason I like Elvenar is because I like watching progress, planning a city, and the graphics. Not because I love clicking three times over and over in the same pattern. That simply creates insanity in a person.
You know what would be more interesting in this game? if you could fight other players in battle. If you could team up with Fellowship members to complete battles in Spire or Tournament - 2 vs computer.

Deleted User - 849411552

I believe the Bracelet and Coin Sack changes were intended to level the playing field since virtually all players normally can only make so many coins at a time. Bracelets are a good idea to do this with because it encourages people to produce and play more, as well as to make room to add builds and use enchantments to up production. And since manu goods have no limit, this ultimately increases city growth as well as Tournament and Spire productivity.
However, Coins are not the same. There is a limit to how many coins can be kept at a time. The only way to increase coin production is with coin buildings, more houses, more culture, and spells. But because of the limit on coins, having a mass influx of coins at one time does little to help city growth long-term. And players will be encouraged to horde coin spells until FAs, thus hindering growth - especially since FAs encourage all extra space in the city to be filled with level 1 manus and workshops. It is difficult to upgrade with no room to manuveur buildings. Thus the extra coins at best get used on wholesaler, whose prices increase with each purchase.
So while I think bracelets are a good way to make the FAs more competitive and fairer to lower level players, I do not think Coins should be used as a playing field leveler.
Well said! For me, the prime motivator in Elvenar is city growth and renewal.

There is another problem with this focus on coins. If your playing style is to favour hybrid buildings to provide population and therefore use less residences, you are penalized in this FA by having less residences to collect "taxes" from. As it happens, I favour residences over hybrids, so this particular penalty affects me to a lesser degree.