• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
This must be hitting different chapters differently. I obviously notice a difference, but as a mostly chapter 19/18 fellowship we still have sufficient sacks of coin, instead of the excess we used to have.

Each sack of coins is 36,672K, with my Lvl 42 Main Hall holding 140,000K. I have GA lvl 31 giving 7,420K every 3 hours, 10 magic residences giving 261K each every 3 hrs, and I visit 40 pages of neighbours (360+3) earning 210K each visit, for a total 76,230K.

So just the neighbour visits earns two sacks of coins.
GA earns 1 per day at 5 collections (15 hrs).
Residences gives one every two days (42 hrs).

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
So, @Sir Squirrel (or anybody thusly inclined) - how about designing us all a "I survived the July 2022 FA" badge for our signatures?
Something like this

edited to add a blue and green one as well per the colored paths on the FA map

Orange /yellow
CoinRainFA.jpg

Blue
CoinRainFABlue.jpg

Green
CoinRainFAGreen.jpg

Click the link below to get to my help post on hooking up avatars and signatures with pictures to help you.

Last edited:

Zoof

What the heck are they doing with all those coins for them coin sacks?

Are they arming legions of light melee troops with blackjacks filled with shinies?
Are they powderizing it to hide the more expensive white dust?
Are they replacing steel support beams in the new chapter 20 buildings with sintered coinage?
Did they figure out an epoxy that would let them glue those coins into a new type of road?

FemmeDraven

This must be hitting different chapters differently. I obviously notice a difference, but as a mostly chapter 19/18 fellowship we still have sufficient sacks of coin, instead of the excess we used to have.

I don't think anyone in my FS is beyond Chapter 12 (if that) and 2/3rds are still below 8 where I am.

Ihrlaen

I was in a fairly distinctive position to clear my (Khelonar) fellowship's Green Path Coin Block (TM).

As mentioned in another thread, I was at the tail end of Chapter 16 and had already cleared the non-capped goods requirements and had most of the goods required for the final 2 techs of the chapter (including scouting requirements).

Those techs are two of the most expensive in terms of KP in the game. Rather than spending Coin Rains into the Wholesaler, I bought KP directly. Now, I'm not normally a big KP-buyer so I had a pretty large capacity available without destroying my ability to buy in the future. This strategy, combined of course with my normal Wholesaler usage helped move us past that pinch point in the FA with as little waste as possible.

Also, if I'd run out of Coin Rains, I still have all of the Tomes of Opulence I've yet won and was prepared to spend them on the 100% Coin Rains (not ideal, imo). I have them clearly labeled: "In case of emergency, open Tome." Special thanks to all the fellowship members that donated Coin Badges beforehand so I didn't have to!

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
My US FS is autopilot to FA hard. We tried taking it easy but didn’t like it. My other FS where I am AM, I put it up for a vote before FA started to ask how competitive or not they want it (that’s how you avoid FA burnout). We can be a podium finish contender. They voted for all out before FA started. After FA started and we discovered the coin badge issue, I let them revisit the question. Stay on course for all out or no? They voted to stay the course, knowing they have to burn their coin rain stockpile. If we switched to casual mode, I would still have burned my own stash to get us through 3 paths as the AM. Burning my stash won’t be enough for a podium finish in the Pit though so there is no point unless the rest of the team is on board. They are game. Perhaps being best friends with a pyromaniac rubs off (unlike Flaming Hot Cheetos powder) on others. I am not short on goods so the inflationary wholesaler cost doesn’t bug me as much as the tedious process of repeatedly having to dump into wholesaler. It feels like the convoluted clicking of wonder society of old.

In my second city where this is happening, I am in Elementals but I never upgraded my Fire Phoenix past chap 5 because I have no use for more portal profits. I chapter slowly to wait on blueprints and diamonds for all my magic buildings the Spire gives me. It’s been coin raining this whole time. Unlike Ferris Wheels and Trading Stations, my Fire Phoenix needs to be out anyway. I don’t use up more real estate for the coin rain. Sometimes latest and newest isn’t the best when the old model is just as reliable! Gotta hoard everything in this game! Wait til they put Winter Lampions in the checkpoints, then who’s laughing now!

BrinDarby

Syn Arda
MH cap 480,000
Coin Badge 756,000
158%

Khel
NH cap 910,000
Coin Badge 756,000
83%

Fely
NH cap 680000
Coin Badge 396,000
58%

Harandar
NH cap 680000
Coin Badge 396,000
58%

I can see a +/- of 10% , but just how fair is the current system ??
By the looks of it, its way outta whack.... there should be 1 formula
that keeps this basically fair to everyone, ( equal costs for all )

Smooper

Syn Arda
MH cap 480,000
Coin Badge 756,000
158%

Khel
NH cap 910,000
Coin Badge 756,000
83%

Fely
NH cap 680000
Coin Badge 396,000
58%

Harandar
NH cap 680000
Coin Badge 396,000
58%

I can see a +/- of 10% , but just how fair is the current system ??
By the looks of it, its way outta whack.... there should be 1 formula
that keeps this basically fair to everyone, ( equal costs for all )
Is your Syn Arda main hall fully evolved?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Yep, as aggravated as I am about the coin badge increases, the requirements have always been Chapter based, not Main Hall level based. This creates a bit of an issue when a player is still early in chapter and hasn't reached the tech to unlock/construct those chapter MH upgrades.
But, the player's choice to upgrade or not is their own. The same goes for the scaled amounts required in event quests for 'collect xx coins'. Players make choices about what is important to them in the game. Sometimes those choices make things that player considers less important more difficult. It's all about your priorities.

Zoof

How is upgrading the MH a bad thing?
Presumably, the "bad thing" is that a Main Hall upgrade consumes culture and population that can never be gotten back, and they're running their city with such a tight population/culture budget that the costs the Main Hall upgrade imposes would unacceptably degrade the performance of their city.

From personal experience, I cared about that margin a bit too much for my own sanity. Then I invited Dwarves into my city and they cajoled me to overscout like nobody's business and kept me too drunk to care about razor-edge performance and I acquiesced to their demands to build them a Main Hall that's worthy of Dwarfkind. No regrets, though. The strawberry ale was just too good. And I be that was their plan all along. Now I have to get along by beating up my enemies using good 'ol dwarven steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.