• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Both the golden hands and the wholesaler cost are based on a percentage of the main hall capacity. When you upgrade the capacity, both increase by the same percentage. So the number of golden hands needed to buy from the wholesaler doesn't change. So I don't see the benefit there.
Well blow me away. I never realized it was by the same percentage. Thanks!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well blow me away. I never realized it was by the same percentage. Thanks!

But they are different. The first wholesaler purchase is always 10% of your main hall capacity. Someone helping your main hall gives you 5% of capacity. The coins you get for helping someone else when the hand is golden is 0.15% of your main hall capacity. This is in chapter 19 with a level 43 main hall. The only one of these that changes based on chapter and main hall level is how much you get when helping someone. My chapter 17 Beta city with a level 37 main hall gets 0.217% each time I help. So like the coin bags, this is not something the same for everyone regardless of chapter.

But they are different. The first wholesaler purchase is always 10% of your main hall capacity. Someone helping your main hall gives you 5% of capacity. The coins you get for helping someone else when the hand is golden is 0.15% of your main hall capacity. This is in chapter 19 with a level 43 main hall. The only one of these that changes based on chapter and main hall level is how much you get when helping someone. My chapter 17 Beta city with a level 37 main hall gets 0.217% each time I help. So like the coin bags, this is not something the same for everyone regardless of chapter.
I went to the wiki, and checked the info, and you are right that the percentage of gold/supplies you get when helping does change as you upgrade your main hall. I had checked mine at lower levels when I upgraded, and saw that it didn't change, and assumed it stayed that way. But I was wrong, and it doesn't stay the same.

Here is the info I calculated from the wiki:
Levels 1-17 all give 0.3% of capacity when you give neighborly help.
Levels 18-33 slowly drop with each upgrade, ending at a low of 0.17% at levels 32 and 33.
Levels 34-37 climb again briefly, with levels 35-37 all around 0.22%.
Levels 38-43 drop again, ending at 0.15%.

So upgrading worsens the deal with the wholesaler compared to neighborly help most of the time after level 17.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
That's what I kinda thought, but I wasn't sure, so I accepted it when someone else seemed sure it was the same. Thanks for clarifying, Enevhar.

Deleted User - 849994935

I went to the wiki, and checked the info, and you are right that the percentage of gold/supplies you get when helping does change as you upgrade your main hall. I had checked mine at lower levels when I upgraded, and saw that it didn't change, and assumed it stayed that way. But I was wrong, and it doesn't stay the same.

Here is the info I calculated from the wiki:
Levels 1-17 all give 0.3% of capacity when you give neighborly help.
Levels 18-33 slowly drop with each upgrade, ending at a low of 0.17% at levels 32 and 33.
Levels 34-37 climb again briefly, with levels 35-37 all around 0.22%.
Levels 38-43 drop again, ending at 0.15%.

So upgrading worsens the deal with the wholesaler compared to neighborly help most of the time after level 17.
Excellent info, thank you!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Here to state more unpopular opinions...

The FS where I am AM is not a Top 10 FS. We're rank somewhere in the 100s, meaning we're not the biggest party in town. We're also only a year old. Before FA started, I brought it up to a vote as to what they want to do--all out or take it easy. They voted to go all out. Once FA started and we discovered the coin badge snafu, I let them revisit their vote. Well, they voted to stay the course on all out anyway, which meant a collective willingness to chuck all the coins off the side of a skyscraper to make it rain. Alrighty then, off on an adventure we go!

We came in 2nd, which was the highest we've placed, but we even beat our previous personal best, which means our score this FA was higher than 2 FAs ago when they first introduced the new collections system, the easiest FA to date. We didn't come in 2nd because everyone sat out. We really hauled our collective bums to even make one of the Top 25 scores across all the servers!

The coin rains didn't hurt as much knowing everyone voted to shoulder the burden. The third fat finger misclick hurt though because I accidentally sold off my level 10 Witch Hut trying to move some shantytown workshops around. Oops, and ouch! The second fat finger misclick cost me a lvl 33 armory. But I don't even feel that bad about it because I've got myself a bunch of nutcases willing to follow me in the literal Pit of despair and just keep fighting! Plus, it's also easier to laugh it off when I was kinda expecting something like this was bound to happen sooner or later, and it's always a win when you can tell @samidodamage "I told you!"

All in all, we didn't win. We even lost by a lot (~30K) and all we got to show for it was a small 2x2 building made of colored pixels. Our shelves are bare, our pockets are empty, and I accidentally sold off some pretty big buildings, but our hearts full and we're beaming with optimism! Yeah, 30k is a ridiculous amount of ground to make up and who knows if it's even realistic, but at the end of the day, the group willingly took the path of MOST resistance in one of the HARDEST FAs to date and were willing to just roll up their sleeves to try their best. Who knows...maybe it'll take 5 months or 5 years to make up that ground, but this FA proved I've got a bunch of nutters willing to try and find out. They voluntarily put themselves through the ringer and came out the other end smiling. I got a few messages about how it was a fun and well executed FA. That's all an AM can ask for. Definitely don't do FAs for the prizes. You're guaranteed to be disappointed. Some of us are more the journey versus destination types though and I'm hardwired to seek out joy and fun. We found fun even in the most grotesque of FAs.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Ok, it's a joke, but I'll bite. Which part of my post was "not true"? You seemed to affirm everything I said, lol. Is that the joke?
You stated "you virtually never run out of goods." I run out all the time.

"Boy, I say boy, pay close attention to me, 'cause you're a burrito short of a combination plate."
Foghorn Leghorn

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
I think you meant the main hall upgrades IMPROVE the wholesaler, not worsens it. I have finished to the ultimate maximum return. I still start out spending 10% supplies (1.6M supplies) but I get 163k Tier 1 goods. The goods received disproportionately grows at a higher rate than the goods required increase. Main Hall upgrades are a net positive for the wholesaler. Especially when you do multiple rounds as each round goes up another 5%. I know this well because I do 6 or 7 rounds with supplies every day for each of the six goods types available. The bigger the lots the fewer rounds required for a fixed amount of supplies.

The bigger factor in making the wholesaler valuable is the blooming trader guild AW which increase the goods return 500% but the Main Hall improves the wholesaler.

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Back to the Main Top - I don't believe you need to drop players from Ambassadors to Fellows any more. The process was changed in this last FA for pulling the flag. It now has another step where is asks pretty clearly whether you want to go on to the next level. It lets you know who is benefiting from completing the level rather than a generic menu. The old version was very easy to make a mistake. The new one, not so much.

Net, this was a material improvement

Nerwa

Back to the Main Top - I don't believe you need to drop players from Ambassadors to Fellows any more. The process was changed in this last FA for pulling the flag. It now has another step where is asks pretty clearly whether you want to go on to the next level. It lets you know who is benefiting from completing the level rather than a generic menu. The old version was very easy to make a mistake. The new one, not so much.

Net, this was a material improvement
Even with that warning, an FS member in one of my worlds pulled the flag before it was time. It was late at night, they didn't see the chat announcement that we were waiting for stragglers... I'd bet we weren't the only ones. Not a big deal for us this time around, but why leave that door open at all if it can be shut?

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Even with that warning, an FS member in one of my worlds pulled the flag before it was time. It was late at night, they didn't see the chat announcement that we were waiting for stragglers... I'd bet we weren't the only ones. Not a big deal for us this time around, but why leave that door open at all if it can be shut?
True, but I also deleted (rather than moved) a level 43 Workshop in prep for the FA. Everybody makes mistakes every now and then. That said, I did demote all my ambassador this past time. Given that my fellowship has always done that, I agree that there is little reason to take the risk if the precedent has been set.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
You should submit a ticket, we're more likely to make an exception to the one per account rule with an Evolving building.
The Witch Hut was my EN city, but I have chalked it up to karma for the last ticket I submitted. I’m still being held in the detention center, probably being watched and waiting for the bad cop to appear. My friends tell me Support will probably just send me directly to the bad cop without passing Go from now on. Then when I accidentally sell something and need it restored, karma’s gonna come knocking. It looks like we are at the future which the wise ones have foretold. I have laughed it off. To be fair, @Astram told us to write in. I was just happily obliging. Gotta stay on top of homework if a little girl from the cornfields hope to ever get in a good Necromancy school by Chap 10.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Definitely don't do FAs for the prizes. You're guaranteed to be disappointed. Some of us are more the journey versus destination types

This is the proper FA attitude
My FS always does well. Our 6th place finish this time was our worst in a long while. It had nothing to do with coins, we had a perfect storm of vacations and illnesses hit us.
But we always have fun and no one complains about the prizes.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I spent some time looking for hints & tips to help us out in the Fellowship Adventures and found Platinum Leaf’s “13-item Fellowship Adventures - 6th September 2018 in Beta World.” Scroll down to their “Waypoint Information for Each Stage” topic to see a color-coded chart. From this chart I created a table based on the current Adventure Badges. It’s helped our fellowship tremendously in deciding which path to take for each Stage.
Thank you Platinum Leaf. Here’s the link.

The game developers improved Fellowship Adventures but still, some of the demands for Adventure Items are too, too much.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
In Khel I am the Archmage of Rebels and Misfits (we have open space in case anyone is looking). We completed all three stages and we went to the pit of despair. I hate the pit in case anyone missed that in one of my many rants over the time the FA has been implemented. It was difficult. I accidentally deleted 3 fully upgraded armories and it is hurting me now. I need lots of ugly orcs. However, bright side of the penny... gave me room for another elixir factory to upgrade to make silly freaking soap that I need in apocalyptic quantities for Chapter 15. I am not a fan of the way this past FA went. I went through all my coin rains. I did not like that. In the fellowship I'm in for Sinya, we placed high enough to get additional ranking points, however I ran through all my coin rains there and had to sell some stuff to make the last one we needed for one point. I don't mind sacrificing for my fellowships, but the coin thing was ridiculous. Not every player has the hoards that some have. I would have gone around saying 'alms for the poor' if any of ya could donate to my poor self and my economically depressed cities.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I may as well add my voice to the choir. I've been playing for 6 months and I'm not been a fan of FAs. The focus seems to be more centered around making it competitive for the very top echelon making it tedious. I remember seeing comments when the new format was first being tested on Beta that it would be possible to complete the FA without shanty towns. Yeah, right. Now we have the coin bag debacle. I can understand not wanting to mess with the code for something that lasts 7 days, but no fix/mitigation at all? Not acceptable.
I don't understand how in anyway changing the coin badge to ludicrously outrageous numbers is going to stop a shanty town?

Zoof

I don't understand how in anyway changing the coin badge to ludicrously outrageous numbers is going to stop a shanty town?
The logic would be that if people were limited by a badge that can't be produced by a shanty town, one would be less likely to build (as large of) a shantytown to begin with.

Though it might be somewhat amusing to see a "city" made completely of max level hab units hotels roach farms residences just to eke out another badge or two each day.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
That makes no sense. The only way to get rid of 'shanty' town is to make the badges ALL quantity dependent, like the coin and bracelet badges. So no more blacksmiths, etc. It would just be an x quantity of supplies badge. So ONE coin badge, ONE supplies badge. ONE goods badge? The very idea is giving me a migraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.