• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Confirmed: Fellowship Adventures is definitely starting in the Live Worlds on Tuesday 15th, not Thursday as we were predicting - apparently this may have been done deliberately to decrease the number of badges people can make when it spans two tournaments.
:)

1a1.jpg

Read all about the FA we recorded in Beta here:
https://tinyurl.com/bdf276vm
and general strategy here:
Fellowship Adventures Master File: https://tinyurl.com/mrxayvjt

Both of these files can be opened with a normal PC without any special programs like Facebook.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Now the top finishes are even more about the rich players.

This somehow provokes me:( I have often gone for top placement with several different fellowships in different worlds. If we don't win there is often someone who claims we lost because the other fs spent a lot of money. But I don't believe this is the case. When we win it is really not my impression that people have spent a lot of diamonds/money to get us there. Sometimes someone does spend a few, but I don't think it makes much difference unless maybe when the scores are really close. What people do spend to win is lots of time boosters, teleports, coin rains, spells,... and tearing down their cities, and spending lots of time playing.

free-spirit

So it was posted to the Facebook group that a reply was gotten about this on the EN forum and yes, Inno did this on purpose to limit the number of badges we can make from the tournaments. This will definitely cut down on scores by all fellowships that do not spend diamonds or money. Now the top finishes are even more about the rich players.
I think you're grossly overestimating the number of diamonds used to win the FA. Badge costs increase for each one purchased and the price would become ridiculous very quickly. Fellowships that win are just organized and it seems rather "sour grapes" to insinuate that the Fellowships that come in the top places are simply buying that top spot rather than working for it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I think you're grossly overestimating the number of diamonds used to win the FA. Badge costs increase for each one purchased and the price would become ridiculous very quickly. Fellowships that win are just organized and it seems rather "sour grapes" to insinuate that the Fellowships that come in the top places are simply buying that top spot rather than working for it.

I have a Beta fellowship that has finished in first several times and we did it with nowhere near the ridiculous amount of points that some fellowships "win" the FA with on the Live servers. We also never slacked off just because we had a good lead. These crazy fellowships that get 100k+ points are the ones Inno is trying to slow down, or trying to get to spend even more diamonds and money on badges to stay in 1st.

free-spirit

These crazy fellowships that get 100k+ points are the ones Inno is trying to slow down, or trying to get to spend even more diamonds and money on badges to stay in 1st.
Inno is a business, of course every single change they make will have the end goal of getting players to spend money.

That being said, even the crazy 100k+ point fellowships are not likely spending much to win, they're just very organized. I say this from experience, and also from reading many other Forum members tell you the exact same thing, their FS won a FA and they did not spend a lot of money.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I have often gone for top placement with several different fellowships in different worlds. If we don't win there is often someone who claims we lost because the other fs spent a lot of money. But I don't believe this is the case. When we win it is really not my impression that people have spent a lot of diamonds/money to get us there.
Agree 100%! The surest way to find out if an FA behemoth is spending diamonds is to ask someone from such a group and confirm by trying it yourself. In both cases, I've found the answer is no, you do not need to spend diamonds. The truth of the matter is these top FA groups come out of the gate with the intention of making enough badges to flip to 130k in the Pit. How many groups can say they approach FAs this way? If a FS can hit 130k regularly without burning out, then they can easily stroll to 100k while hitting the breaks to take it easy. If we're going to be honest, most FS's all out effort can't even match their easy pace. Most people's burnout level is far lower than that threshold and that's perfectly fine because otherwise burnout leads to leaving FS or even the game. It's not for everyone. However, if your group mentality is the top groups only throw diamonds at the problem, then that will cement your FS will never be able to do what the top groups can do, and then of course, it'll always feel out of reach.

If you're the glass is half full type of group, then the key is to not try to close the gap all in one go. It's a continuous year-round process of accepting there are still holes in your game and try to improve a little bit each time, but you're always thinking about FAs whethere there's one in the calendar or not. You can't make the leap from 50k to 130k in one FA, but you can probably make the leap from 50k to 70k in one FA. Likewise, you can't get to 130k without first hitting 100k. Slowly and surely, you'll be able to see it is completely possible because it's a self-assuring cycle watching the group slowly get better and better to build the confidence it needs to keep at it. It's really a challenge against yourself. Knowing what the other group is doing isn't going to make the badges for you.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
All I will say is I am looking forward to seeing the lower final scores when those top fellowships do not have two tournaments to speed through for badges. No more doing 25x6 or 50x6 twice during the FA.

Killy-

All I will say is I am looking forward to seeing the lower final scores when those top fellowships do not have two tournaments to speed through for badges. No more doing 25x6 or 50x6 twice during the FA.
Why does it matter how many points the top ranks gonna get? It will still be the same fellowships battle for the top places (which usually are the only fellowships caring for the FA). What is the differents getting over 100k points or not for you?

Last edited:

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I do the fellowship adventures for the fellowship, not because I love it anymore. I used to really look forward to it. I liked DIFFERNT maps. Now they just mail it in for the part that made it interesting and increase the cost of badges. AND NO the amount of diamonds spent is not an exaggeration for some fellowships. I do buy diamonds, but not badge packages. I buy the diamonds when I feel like it and want them for my convenience, for instance, upgrading my builders or MA. Or when I want to speed up a build or production because I won't be around to finish it when I want to. It is now a grind to do the FA and not fun at all. I wish Inno was more interested in player enjoyment, which leads to retention, rather than the mindset they are in now.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
A new round of Fellowship Adventures was Announced here for Thursday January 12th. I have updated my information post with the numbers viewed in Beta.
We are fervently hoping that the live version of this latest form of the Adventures, is not plagued by the problems and issues that Beta experienced :
The broken collection issue
The coin badge debacle
The misunderstanding over complaints about the collection issue that led to a decision to extend the FA by another two days over the holiday travel period.

I will reiterate my personal view of the time extension - as a player who has played every version of FA excepting the first couple on Beta (but did play them on EN), I find that FA drags on about 2.5 days too long as it is. I went on strike for most of the extension, as did many players.

OIM20

*points at thread title: "Fellowship Adventures 2022"*

Psst... It's 2023. ;) Should we be starting a new thread? (And maybe moving the relevant posts there?)

Status
Not open for further replies.