• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
What's the difference? The US has 6 timezones so most people would have to adjust anyways.
What makes the most sense (from a global game) would be GMT since everyone should know their zone in relation to that.
UTC is better hon, it doesn't change in Summer.

Aritra

The real trick is getting a start time for any specified zone.
They give us dates, but not time.
I have never seen 12:01 am that time zone, which is what the absence implies (to me, and I'm sure I'm not alone), to start when that day starts.
My experience has had events/FA begin 4am central US, but they still don't tell us.

Get ready! Set! Go! --- ummm when do I go? Be ready for any time? Not cool.

(the countdown clock was an improvement on this, but it is absent still/right now, so we can't calculate to know what time on our clocks it begins)

edit: I forgot -- asked and answered ;)

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If I am not mistaken it usually starts 4am Eastern 1am Pacific

5am Eastern time for FAs and Events, with a shift in the Fall to 6am while the world does their switching off Daylight Savings. Then after those couple of weeks, it is back to 5am, until Daylight Savings starts again and I think we get a couple of weeks of 4am starts before back to 5am.

@Aritra I have always seen the official answer to be an exact hour is not given in case there are issues and it is delayed by a few minutes or an hour or two. Inno would rather deal with the complaints of not having an exact time, rather than all the complaints when something does not start at exactly the listed time.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya I know you will probably not have the answer, and the people who give you the info probably won't say, but is there a reason they started the FA on Live with such a smaller gap between event and FA than was on the Beta server? Probably 95% of the time Live has the same number of days in between, give or take a day, that a lot of us expected the same 12 days in between and were not looking for the FA until next week. Did something with the schedule for future events get so out of sync that they had to speed this up by a week?

I'm not sure, although Beta was delayed, I just can't remember why. (only because, to be truthful, I was not paying attention)

@Aritra I have always seen the official answer to be an exact hour is not given in case there are issues and it is delayed by a few minutes or an hour or two. Inno would rather deal with the complaints of not having an exact time, rather than all the complaints when something does not start at exactly the listed time.
This would be correct!

StarLoad

5am Eastern time for FAs and Events, with a shift in the Fall to 6am while the world does their switching off Daylight Savings. Then after those couple of weeks, it is back to 5am, until Daylight Savings starts again and I think we get a couple of weeks of 4am starts before back to 5am.
So a safe answer is sometime in the dark hours when most of the Sane folks in the US are sleeping ....

And really the whole of the U.S. must also include the timezones for our territories and that would bring it up to 9 at least

Last edited:

Aritra

@helya @Enevhar Aldarion

re: start time

haha That reads a bit familiar. I need to write that down or print it or something. I forgot all about that answer from when I brought it up the last time. Hopefully, now there won't be a next time, lol

mikeledo

I have noticed an extreme lack of interest in this FA, more so than any in the past. In 2 of my FS, I just visited everyone and there are simply not enough players with buildings to do just one and done.

Huor

We are going for one and done as some of our players need the artifacts. In my opinion as a new player, they need to spread these out more or make them a lot more exciting. For me so far the events have been different and interesting. The FA's have all been the same.

MajesticRose

Forgive if this is in the wrong chat. IMO, The Pit at the end should be a hole - call it a wishing well, whatever - that everyone in the fellowship can toss their unused badges. Something fantastical happens, depending on "strength" of each badge tossed in - fireworks, resources or goods come back to you, whatever - like a campfire "Kumbaya" for the fellowship and the players. Not a convoluted extension of FA! By that point everyone is sick to death of FA and desperately want to move on, recover, focus on their own city. Please change the purpose of The Pit. Make it something players and fellowships see as a goal, a fun, exciting, and rewarding close to FA!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hi there @MajesticRose and welcome to the Forum. This is a good place to start with your idea. Maybe refine it a bit and then head over to Ideas and Suggestions, read the guidelines, and when you are ready, put forth your suggestion, as a change to format, purpose to make it more interesting to play the FA. Drawback is developer time to redesign a bit.
I like it, we are due for a bit of an overhaul. :)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
By that point everyone is sick to death of FA and desperately want to move on, recover, focus on their own city

It bothers in general me when people use words like "everyone."
There is a tendency on this forum to think that your FS represents the feeling of all players.
You really cannot even go by what most of the forum says. There is no evidence that forum users are a scientific sampling.

As to the specific point of your comment, in my FS many of us don't really come alive till we hit the pit.
We especially enjoy that last hour or so when we contend with one or two other FS's for position.

Status
Not open for further replies.