• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya
Do you know what inno's official reasoning is behind not allowing overflow?
I just looked through all of the Community submitted suggestions and this idea has surprisingly not been suggested until last month. So far we have no response to the idea, but that's not out of the ordinary as it can take a few months for us to hear back about suggestions. I'll keep an eye on it and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Valtitude

Yes, fellowship adventures and events all start at the same time of day for your time zone. It has been this way for years now and easy to remember. The only thing that shifts it is the start and end of daylight savings time.
It's always been this way, yes.
Further west you go thru time zones though, makes a big difference. Kinda like watching the Tour de France live on an early start mountain stage: 02:30 PDT/ 03:30 MDT. Stay up? Go to bed early, set alarm? Where's my coffee?!
Not complaining. Laughing.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I am liking this Adventure so far. I feel the pace is good and I am not terribly stressed. Of course, we haven't hit the pit yet, I imagine that will change soon enough.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Helya are you aware of buttons and menus getting sluggish and not responding to clicks, especially while out on the world map?

I have to say that cache issues have improved - which I feel obliged to point out is how the game always should function, not just during FA.

The lag only seems to come into play when there are a couple batches of drunken dwarves loose in the city. Perhaps I should build them a tavern :confused:

Also I do truly appreciate the absence of 'frozen building synrome'. This is where some buildings fail to release, fail to show idle, and therefore also do not get reset. This leads to spoiled badges.

hvariidh gwendrot

i vote no on overflow as this is a competition aspect in the game and it should make players have to log in and focus vs a magical click and swoop and everything just falls in to the right spot giving larger cities a huge advantage, placing in 100 workshops and getting everything in 1 click ..bad idea to promote competition

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
i vote no on overflow as this is a competition aspect in the game and it should make players have to log in and focus vs a magical click and swoop and everything just falls in to the right spot giving larger cities a huge advantage, placing in 100 workshops and getting everything in 1 click ..bad idea to promote competition
As I explained:
There is zero planning, strategy, or communication when collecting.
  • No one ever makes the choice NOT to collect.
  • No one thinks about whether or not they should collect, or even when.
  • No one is asking their FS members if they should collect.
  • No one is accidentally completing 3 encounters.
  • No one is setting a bunch of 48h productions by coincidence.
  • No one is crafting vision Vapors through luck.
The choices were made when the productions were set, once they are finished there is no choice left.

Overflow would make the game better for virtually everyone, unless you are hoping and praying to win the race because the other guy trips on a pothole instead of being faster than them.
Even then, how often does one team beat another because of a misclick? I think it would be extremely silly to keep the game tedious and slow for a 0.0000x% chance of making a difference in a near-meaningless ranking.

Iyapo1

giving larger cities a huge advantage,
Rofl! Because their sheer size does not take them out of the ballpark already? That is a sad sorry objection.

I see both sides of this. Other than annoyance when it bleeds over onto every single FA thread(and as many other threads as possible), I have no opinion.

hvariidh gwendrot

not saying larger cites do not have an advantages they do i am one of them, people should read what is said vs reading into what is said .. in a competitive structure players should have to actually do the game play, a good example is if a football team takes the field and runs 1 play and they get awarded a touchdown .. no chance of a fumble no interceptions no penalties just 1 snap and you get the touchdown seems a weak way to want to play .., same with 1 click to auto collect with rollover, no penalty for not paying attention .. that's weak

Deryn Ilden

About Arcane Residue..Why, oh why, is there a magical number to meet if the offered items are such that you usually can't do one crafting to complete it? With the time required for crafting, making 2 items to meet even 9 takes an inordinate amount of time, especially when you can only produce one catalyst at a time to be sure not to miss the druid staff badge. This is one aspect of the adventure that is totally whacked, in my opinion, unless there is a good reason to make it so darn difficult to achieve. And "If it was easy everyone could do it" doesn't apply, as I am not asking for a complete nerf on the process, just an improvement. I have a small city (Ch 3) and a larger one (just started Ch. 7) and this is a problem in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.