• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Deryn Ilden
We'd love to have you in our FS in Elcysandir and we have openings!
We don't require tourney participation (though we've gotten 10chests/wk every week for over a year), we don't require Spire participation (I think 15 did Spire last week at all, fewer go to the top) but have gotten Silver Spire every week for months now, no required points total (our smallest/newest member has 104pts), no required AW contributions (but we have 5 swap threads available for those who wish to participate), our only trading rule is 2 star or higher trades and no one is required to take any trades they are uncomfortable with for whatever reason. To define 'active players' our neighborly help rule is 3x's a week and we ask for activity reflected by a score change every 2 weeks. But, we have 2 members who've stopped playing (one in Oct 2020) that we wouldn't be looking for replacements for if they'd communicated with us at all; we've kept players on the roster for months on end with just a small amount of communication and zero personal details needed: 'real life is getting in my way' is sufficient for us. We don't require FA participation and actually encourage 'put in one badge/stage anywhere so you can share in the prizes!' but have placed in the top 10 in that world four times since FA's first launched.
I'm constantly being recruited by other FS's in that world, but this was my first FS in the game and I'm not going anywhere, lol! They gave me a chance when I was new and I try never to forget what being new was like. We try to be welcoming of all and there's a real sense of comradery there that I wouldn't trade for anything, Gold Spire included!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thank you for this- I obviously spent them so soon they are a faded memory. I will start saving them up now.

I will give you an idea of what you can earn in the game and what you can win, with luck, from the Spire and the Crafting chest. I have never bought diamonds in my chapter 9 city on the Beta server, but between regular awards, Crafting, Spire, the two Genies, and the Goddess of Wishes prize from completing all the quests in the last event, I have collected a total of about 8500 diamonds in the 9 or 10 months I have been playing that city. That paid for 3 levels of the MA, a 3rd builder, 5 premium expansions, and a couple hundred burned in the Spire to get extra negotiation rounds, still leaving me with 1340 available to spend.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
every trophy i have ever won real world or otherwise you had to have repetition of some sort .. earn those trophy overflow is lazy play
Sure sure we all belive you have a huge trophy case full of awards for being able to count to 5 without screwing up. Congrats, we're all super impressed.
p.s. i'm not the one who came up with "if someone falls down" that was you soggy lol own your strawman and stop projecting when you have an opinion contrary to your own in here .. if you want a 1 click game go play roulette wheel game or something it will go for you all day make lots or sounds and flashy light to entertain you vs having to focus on your game play ha
My goodness, you accuse me of making a strawman and then in the same line accuse me of wanting a 1-click game.
Do you even read what you write?

Are you incapable of refuting a real point so you must constantly pretend my position is something other than I have repeatedly stated?
Let's make it a little easier on you and instead of making a dozen points I'll ask one simple question at a time:

"Does requiring players to open the badge interface, click claim, and then close the badge interface between each tournament encounter enhance the majority of players' enjoyment of the FA?"

hvariidh gwendrot

you seem triggered soggy maybe you should go to a quite room and breath .. not accusing you of anything just stating a fact strawman is yours i used it, didn't make it up you did .. like the conversation you made up, also weak anyone can make up a conversation here is an example .. "so soggy quit the game for a year like a big pouty baby?" .. "yes" see doesn't advance the conversation and makes a person look silly(of course yours was made up my example is snippets of real conversations) lol and zombies are brain dead slow moving creatures .. winning a first place trophy in here which i have done ( you can go look at my trophy if you wish i have another in inventory) it takes focus and attention to detail, overflow is for the brain dead zombie types who can't focus or count, physical reasons are valid though now all those examples are things you have said and i responded to then you say it's mine .. nice try but read your own posts dude your are conflicted .. there are a lot of ways the problems you guys mention can be fixed but asking for the bots to take over isn't the way to do it like give out kp packs in 10's instead of 30 or 20 or 15 etc etc so learn to focus :cool:
as a p.. the only thing really wrong with the fellowship adventures is when they are over and people go .. is that all i get ?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

@hvariidh gwendrot
That was a really long-winded way to say "No, I'm not able to answer a simple question" Maybe loosen the propeller hat and focus a little, eh? :cool:
Don't be embarrassed if you have to run your finger under each word, just take your time.

zodiphd

I do appreciate some of the improvements: 1 & 2-day builds of any tier 1 mfg and the Stage 2 & 3 prize including an artifact for the last event's evolving building.

However, fellowships that are smaller, have a lot of early chapter members, or inactive members have a much harder time competing in the Fellowship Adventure. Those making it to the top 100 do not get much of a reward and it's mostly the same fellowships every time.

We had been in the top 100 when the changes to a few badges knocked us out of contention. The bracelet badge went from 9-hr productions to chapter based amounts, even if you haven't unlocked the chapter tech to upgrade your mfg, which makes it a struggle. The Residue badge: if you don't get a crafting item worth 9VV, you're doomed to multiple crafting sessions that take more time, more catalysts, and always seems to lose some earned VV. Staff: Catalysts you can get lucky in the spire, but when you get more than 1 at a time, only 1 counts.
Atop that, all the extra badges we're unable to deliver are junked at the end of the FA.
I just don't understand why FA's are set up they way they are. It's disheartening.

Clicking is really an issue to be addressed, I wish they'd change up the advisor tasks to be more like the FA badges. I hate clicking thru a couple dozen tasks to get to the one I need.
Sigh

Alram

Flippers just flip
However, fellowships that are smaller, have a lot of early chapter members, or inactive members have a much harder time competing in the Fellowship Adventure.
A much harder time competing? Uhmmm.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

i did answer, read again and like i said learn to focus
Yawn.
Interacting with you brings to mind a Mark Twain quote... I believe I'm being "dragged down to your level and beaten with experience"...

Enough then, you are clearly incapable of holding up your end so I'll stop trying to enlighten the selfishly fanatical.
I doubt anyone is getting anything out of this one-sidded attempt at honest discourse.
dumbass.png

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If every single player in a full FS made 1 Arcane Residue every day of the FA, they would be well into the pit. RNG love or hate is not really a factor until you start competing for rank.
In a FS that is half empty, 2 a day is still very doable. It is not an overly harsh pinch until you hit the pit.
"Well into the pit" would not get us into the top 3 fellowships on the server. It wouldn't even get us into the top 50. If you don't care about score or trophies and only want the three map prizes, then sure, arcanes are no problem. If you're used to being in the top three, then the arcanes are a huge PITA. We need far, far more arcanes in the pit than we ever did in the 3 maps just to maintain our number two spot. Ironically, we are 9,000 points ahead of our finish score last time, and last time we finished number 1. This FA, therefore, is more than 20 percent harder than the last one already, considering we fell from first place, and it's significant. And it is mostly the arcanes that have created that problem. Yes, I know you could say "Well, it doesn't seem to be a problem for the guys beating you."

But having to stockpile ccs and time instants for months, and not spend them on anything else, just to be able to take number 1 on the FA for one week every couple of months, is not my idea of fun. The arcanes are causing that type of play. I have no idea if they're spending diamonds as well, but having to stockpile for months for a certain badge does hurt the newer fellowships too, even the ones who can't make it in the top 3. The fact that they need 18 hours to craft one cc is a huge problem. And sometimes even newbies care about score. When I was in my first fellowship of new players, we had a goal of being in the top 100, and we made it and were very happy and proud. That is definitely not possible now, with the arcanes.

Iyapo1

Confusing completing with competing again?

You are competing against other players. The FA is not 20% harder, your competitors are simply putting forth more effort than last FA. Inno cant, wont, and should not fix that.
I am sure your competitors also find the Residue obnoxious...but your FS set the bar last FA.

Kekune

But having to stockpile ccs and time instants for months, and not spend them on anything else, just to be able to take number 1 on the FA for one week every couple of months, is not my idea of fun. The arcanes are causing that type of play.
Sounds to me that the desire to be #1 is causing that type of play. My group is in 5th place on US4 and, to my knowledge, nobody hoarded crafting supplies like you're describing. That's not my idea of fun, either, but I would expect that groups who really want to win these things will always push extreme methods to do it. The current 1st place team has nearly double the points of my group in 5th place. I haven't done the math, but that's a lot of extra residue badges, for sure.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Darielle
I have a new city on Khelo, currently advanced scoutng ch2. I have 1000 spell frags and 10 CCs. Let's see how big my stockpile can get between now and next FA.

Last edited:

LutherTheHairy

FAngovers make people FAngry.

Love that. So true.

I stressed less over running this one than last time, so it did not go as smoothly and we barely completed the 3 stages. Last time was our Fellowship's first stage 3 completion. (Interestingly, we placed highest the time before that..88th or 85th or something, back when our total fellowship score was something like 150k). We did better in overall fellowship stress. No one yelled at anyone this time, causing them to leave the fellowship, and there were not a handful of peeps who said "I am sitting out the next one." In fact, some of those people ended up participating this time around!

Still, it was not fun for me and most of us did not need the artifacts. If not for our new players enjoying their first FA (which made it worthwhile...barely) I would just as soon not done ANY planning at all.

I am not a fan of this activity...yet we feel almost compelled to try to do reasonably well when it comes up.

hvariidh gwendrot

hahaha funny how you lose on every point of the conversation soggy and try to declare victory with another insult post that doesn't hit the mark, you should stop obsessing over me .. something we do agree on :cool: if you want an "honest" discourse try not starting and ending each post with a snark lol

Status
Not open for further replies.