• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neeronie

I like, like, like it. It helps, some have not caught on for some reason so there may be room for improvement or it may take time for players to recognize what it means. Does it work on all types of electronics like notebooks, etc? For some reason, my players does not seem to respond to messages or take note of chat. Is there an reason for that or is is just that they don't pay attention?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
It works on mobile. They would see it unless they disabled auto update and are using an older version of the mobile app.

HonuMoana

I would not want to see any sort of badge pool system, as it would be a departure from the core of the game, which for me is individuals working together to help each other.

I do think there is a LOT of room for improvement to the FA. It has become a rather antiquated process, and it has a LOT of detractors. Changing the map again won't help either. The F map was an improvement, but it is old witch hat now

How about leagues? Make it a real race and challenge too. Let FS that want to take the whole week do so. Groups that wish to compete for rank and trophies would have to be in gold league, top 1% of those FS competing in the world at the end of the 3rd day. And finally, dump the Pit, and make all those competitive groups face a final map, and do not release that map in advance, different every time. First FS done wins, etc.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I would not want to see any sort of badge pool system, as it would be a departure from the core of the game, which for me is individuals working together to help each other.

I do think there is a LOT of room for improvement to the FA. It has become a rather antiquated process, and it has a LOT of detractors. Changing the map again won't help either. The F map was an improvement, but it is old witch hat now

How about leagues? Make it a real race and challenge too. Let FS that want to take the whole week do so. Groups that wish to compete for rank and trophies would have to be in gold league, top 1% of those FS competing in the world at the end of the 3rd day. And finally, dump the Pit, and make all those competitive groups face a final map, and do not release that map in advance, different every time. First FS done wins, etc.
People contributing to a badge pool seems like the ultimate in "individuals working together to help each other." Keeping all badges to yourself and possibly have them wasted because you aren't on in time doesn't seem to me like individuals working together to help each other.

But your idea on leagues is intruiging. And I agree ... the pit is the pits, lol.

HonuMoana

Placing the Badges, especially when it completes a Waypoint is a key part of the current process, and one that gives me that I am helping kick. Funneling my badges to the Arch, doesn't sound like it would have the same punch to me, but maybe that's just me.

AtaguS

Funneling my badges to the Arch, doesn't sound like it would have the same punch to me, but maybe that's just me.
Agreed. Though I'd still like to see a fellowship badge tally screen, so players can log on, check the tally and know what to make without having to scroll through old chats, endless threads or ask and hope to get a reply before they log off. But everyone would still be responsible for placing their own badges.

BrinDarby

1st of all, since leagues are slated for tourn/spire/events , no reason
not to also add them to FAs... if there is a FS bank option, then exactly
what has been said will happen.... with only 1-2 ppl need'n to be on
in that last hour, it will be too easy to "tactically" try and win a FA (league).
Therefore it will become the "norm" for all top FSs in FAs......

Ive done @least 10 FAs, and after the 2nd one... I hated them with a passion.
Way toooo much effort/planning/cooordination for almost nothing.....
Nothing bugs me more than collecting 3 cats and getting credit for 1...
or the accidental click and you lose a 48 hr collection cause there's no
wraparound for collection.....

Next off "The Pit" & "Unused badges" ... 1 simple fix, fix's both @ once......
No more cue in the pit : You need 3 things, and make them weighted...
Everytime 1 is finished, a new set of 3 is offered, but using dropdowns ...
That means all 3 are selectable.... once a badge is placed, in a selected good,
then that is fix'd untill those 3 are finished.
What this means is there is an exact value of each badge, then weighted for
selection, so All choices are more/less, just as "hard" as any other. This also
allows for those top FSs, to better "fight it out" for top spot, in the last 3 hrs.

Taking a page from the post office system , where you have GrandPrizes
(usually artifacts but can be bldgs), DailyPrizes ( std event bldgs ) and
the mini xtra prizes each day ( all those 1x1, 2x1, 1x2, & 2x2s).... Lets use
that logic for FAs....

Adding to the Stage/Level prizes should be a 2x2, FA specific, level specific,
and Path specific bldg. Each major waypoint have a prize, and still FA specific....
How does that look :
That 2x2 will be "skinn'd" depending on if your FS completed 1/2/3 paths,
before pulling that level's flag, and can have slightly better stats. Each FS
would be looking to get all 3 bldgs, and the best they can get... You could
even use this, along with the mini prizes for major waypoints, as a way to
offer a "Bldg set" creatively, yet staying FA specific. The Major Waypoint
mini prizes would also be skinn'd, depending on the difficulty of the path.

Last but not least...... Never .... yes Never , offer a Top 20 FS prize bldg,
thats given in FAs only .... in a subsequent event , like recently was done
with "Black Lotus".... Those bldgs are a "badge of honor" and coveted
because they are only for top FA FSs, I guess not anymore ... :(

Lets use a simple "stage" theme .... Lets also say a player's FS
completes all 3 paths, on all 3 levels.... In addition to current prizes,
each player would have (1) 2x2 S-3, (3) 1x1s S-1/2/3, (3) 1x2s S-1/2/3,
(3) 2x1s S-1/2/3 for each level ...
Whereas a FS that only does 1 path per level, a player would only
get (1) 2x2 S-1, (1) 1x1, (1) 2x1, & (1) 1x2, per level ... and the minis would
be stage dependant on which one of the 3 paths the FS completed.....

This opens endless possibilities for sets, but makes all of these a way
for players to show thier dominance in FAs, by placing @least the best
ones in thier cities ( and you just might sell more premium expansions
in the process just to place all these )....

IF every FA is a duplicate of the last FA, and so few benifits for such a
tremendous outlay of time/effort, your playerbase will just stop playing them !!!!

Silver Lady

Though I'd still like to see a fellowship badge tally screen, so players can log on, check the tally and know what to make without having to scroll through old chats, endless threads or ask and hope to get a reply before they log off. But everyone would still be responsible for placing their own badges.

That would really ease my hatred of FAs as tallying badges is the absolute worst part to try and do.

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

well there isn't one yet so if you folks are wanting to keep track that's your best choice .. i tend to deal with what is vs pine for a wish list
and it's in the game if you make one and use it ;)

Last edited:

BrinDarby

In the MA, if you collect too many Vision Vapor, it wrapsaround !!!!!
You do NOT lose any, once collected the tally shows any xtra .....

A.S.A.P. institute this for FAs, Wraparound needs to be implemented
so if you collect 25 VV for lets say a big bldg or PP , you don't just get
9 VV cause thats the max for that darn badge.... You would have the
other 16 still avail for badges, thus collect another 9 VV badge, and
have 7 left over ..... only need'n 2 more for your next badge.......
( all badges need wraparound ability )

This , losing a 48 hr production run , cause you had 1 xtra misclick
has gotta stop.... just doing tourn today, every province cleared it
seem'd caused some badge to be avail, thus EVERY province....
I was constantly having to click outta the tourn screen to click and
collect the badge, then reopening the tourn screen.....

for just 10 provinces, that equated to around an xtra 25-30 clicks,
This has been ask'd for, the whole year Ive been playing by many
players. Its atrocious, dumb, and very very annoying/disruptive to
simply trying to play Elvenar......

Please Fix ASAP , Brin

LutherTheHairy

Wraparound needs to be implemented
so if you collect 25 VV for lets say a big bldg or PP , you don't just get
9 VV cause thats the max for that darn badge.... You would have the
other 16 still avail for badges, thus collect another 9 VV badge, and

I like that suggestion. Too much of the FA is about being super careful on collecting your 24/48 hours production runs so as not to waste any, and then having to click into the badge screen to collect, then click back to the city. This adds tedium, frustration when errors happen and detracts from the experience.

The ONLY utility I can see to not wrapping around is it makes it harder for large cities to produce many badges with massive workshop and manufactory shanty towns. If the goal is to help earlier chapter fellowships compete with larger ones this is more directly achievable by scaling either badge requirements or waypoint requirement by fellowship total score (or average chapter if that is easier.) .

Inno scales building performance with chapter so this would require some coding, but is very much a one time thing, then only some tweaks to scaling if it is too uneven. I know inno sells badges so they can reverse scale the cost of those purchases to maintain revenue flow.

Last edited:

Gladiola

Having played the FA for one day now, I'm remembering something.

I don't like FAs. This isn't fun for me. I'm doing it for my fellowship, but I just blasted through one and a half floors of the Spire because I'd been saving enounters to get badges in the FA. That wasn't fun. Next time I'll play it differently, and screw the freaking badges. I don't need no freaking badges.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The ONLY utility I can see to not wrapping around is it makes it harder for large cities to produce many badges with massive workshop and manufactory shanty towns.
It doesn't even do that, it only makes it more tedious, not harder.
I can (and do) still make a dozen blacksmith badges at once, but instead of collecting all 60 workshops in a sweep
  1. I click 5 workshops,
  2. open interface,
  3. click claim,
  4. close window
  5. repeat x 11
This benefits no one.

The interesting challenge in the FA is

1. organizing who in the FS is going to make which badges and how many
2. being online to insert those badges when needed
3. making room for badge producing buildings
4. accomplishing tasks such as encounters to earn badges

The list does not include unnecessary clicks to claim the rewards that you have already earned. It's like adding 5-30 "Awesome" pop ups every time you collect a production.

Iyapo1

but I just blasted through one and a half floors of the Spire because I'd been saving enounters to get badges in the FA. That wasn't fun. Next time I'll play it differently, and screw the freaking badges. I don't need no freaking badges.
Only you can decide what your time instants are worth. I agree that I would rather use my instants on something other than blasting up the spire but occasionally I blast up the spire for fun, just to see if I can.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Only you can decide what your time instants are worth. I agree that I would rather use my instants on something other than blasting up the spire but occasionally I blast up the spire for fun, just to see if I can.
I believe that she meant blasting through 1.5 floors all at once [while tediously pausing between battles to collect a badge] wasn't fun.
or did I misinterpret @Gladiola ?

BrinDarby

( Killer Idea )

Each waypoint can earn xtra bonus pts, here's how ...
(up to a max of 100 pts per waypoint, less if less than 25 badges req'd)

4 bonus points per FS member placing a badge on a WP.
The more different ppl that contribute, the more bonus you get.

Gladiola

I believe that she meant blasting through 1.5 floors all at once [while tediously pausing between battles to collect a badge] wasn't fun.
or did I misinterpret @Gladiola ?

Yeah, it was partly having to pause to collect the badges, which was made worse by the lag which means that I had to wait between every battle to see whether it would decide to register the badge. It also was because I'd saved most of the encounters to do during the FA, which meant I had to do them all in the space of one day, which I know some people like, but I personally prefer to do them 4 at a time and then pause and come back.

Of course I could have chosen to do it differently (and gotten less badges). Next time I probably will, even though maximizing the results of any game action is one of the things that pleases my detail-obsessed brain. With the events, at least I'm only working on maybe 2-3 different tasks at a time. For the FA I'm harvesting beverages, making toolboxes, pausing between ever single marble collection to give time for it to register, waiting for the world map to load, the spire map to load, the FA map to load, everything slower than usual. It's not fun for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.