• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser27062

Yeah, it was partly having to pause to collect the badges, which was made worse by the lag which means that I had to wait between every battle to see whether it would decide to register the badge. It also was because I'd saved most of the encounters to do during the FA, which meant I had to do them all in the space of one day, which I know some people like, but I personally prefer to do them 4 at a time and then pause and come back.

Of course I could have chosen to do it differently (and gotten less badges). Next time I probably will, even though maximizing the results of any game action is one of the things that pleases my detail-obsessed brain. With the events, at least I'm only working on maybe 2-3 different tasks at a time. For the FA I'm harvesting beverages, making toolboxes, pausing between ever single marble collection to give time for it to register, waiting for the world map to load, the spire map to load, the FA map to load, everything slower than usual. It's not fun for me.

The grind isn't fun but I do like collective effort to achieve goals. I love coming together and making stuff happen.

CrusaderMichael

quick question... in FA you don't have to fully complete a color path to pull the flag right?

As long as you reach the end, it doesn't matter if you fully completed a color's path right?

(guess that's 2 questions not 1)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
quick question... in FA you don't have to fully complete a color path to pull the flag right?

As long as you reach the end, it doesn't matter if you fully completed a color's path right?

(guess that's 2 questions not 1)

Yes
If you go down orange then skip over to blue and finish blue
you can pull the flag

Grid Gypsy

On the subject of a lack of stacking, it's causing a very frustrating problem when combined with the odd glitch/server lag. Yesterday I went to collect for blacksmiths and came up 4 short on the last one. I thought I had miscounted because all workshops showed as idle. I used time boosts since I needed the badge, then restarted them and logged out. However, on logging back in I found 4 workshops ready to collect. Today I thought I had miscounted again as I was short a single 48 hour production for a statue. Turns out, one of the manufactories was frozen in place and it couldn't be collected from. A reload fixed it but having to watch stupid stuff like this so that you have the correct number for badges SUCKS! What's the sense in having the correct number of buildings for X amount of badges when the game is going to throw my count off at least once a day?

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
On the subject of a lack of stacking, it's causing a very frustrating problem when combined with the odd glitch/server lag. Yesterday I went to collect for blacksmiths and came up 4 short on the last one. I thought I had miscounted because all workshops showed as idle. I used time boosts since I needed the badge, then restarted them and logged out. However, on logging back in I found 4 workshops ready to collect. Today I thought I had miscounted again as I was short a single 48 hour production for a statue. Turns out, one of the manufactories was frozen in place and it couldn't be collected from. A reload fixed it but having to watch stupid stuff like this so that you have the correct number for badges SUCKS! What's the sense in having the correct number of buildings for X amount of badges when the game is going to throw my count off at least once a day?

Yes, that is a weird lag issue that has been around for years. If you collect too quickly, your PC will show them collected, but the server says they were not collected. Sometimes this will also cause a sync error and make you reload the game.

TalimSwift

These adventures have a theme song. the one by Sweet, called "Sweet F.A". now i leave it to you to decide what the FA means LOL

DeletedUser24602

This has probably been answered somewhere before, but I’m trying to confirm something.
if a player didn’t contribute a badge to the main path we chose and finished but put a random badge on a waypoint, will they get the stage reward if that waypoint is not complete?

LutherTheHairy

I don't need no freaking badges.

FWIW, after a few of them I have stopped stressing about them so much and just let them happen. It is sort of like perhaps working at a job where stuff is going wrong all the time and there is no hope of you fixing it all...and after a while you just become OK with How Things Are.

This FA,I managed to hand off some of the leadership to someone else (THANK YOU,@Lilleana ) and we have given up on how we place, just working on completing the stages. The extra 2 days helped an awful lot too. The 5 day FAs were brutal.

LutherTheHairy

This has probably been answered somewhere before, but I’m trying to confirm something.
if a player didn’t contribute a badge to the main path we chose and finished but put a random badge on a waypoint, will they get the stage reward if that waypoint is not complete?

Yes, they do.

We try to reserve off path "easy" badges (like sack of coins or tiaras. There are others) for stragglers, and encourage people to only put one in those waypoints to leave space for others. They get filled anyway by people not paying attention, but int the end it works out generally.

Player9999

@Enevhar Aldarion there has always been an intermittent lag issue. Lately it's been almost constant and often only can be fixed by reloading.

At least that lag issue isn't an outright bug blown off long term, like flags that disappear or change to the wrong color if one has other activity on Chapter or Storyline Questgivers.

The present FA badges menu is far less bad than the old dual Questgivers, and cycles with no reject verify, in contrast with adjacent regular QG'ers with them. Two side by side menu sets with different modes of operation was such great UI/UX design.... And players who suggested changing that were abused by then active CM staff and other players, while it took pressure to reduce the fraudulent mobile parity claims over around 2 years for it to become a project priority to redesign that mess.

Speaking of time issues, what would it take for Inno to mandate a pre-employment test that staff are capable of using clocks in the context of a global game, and didn't learn from incompetent EU Parliament mess-makers (if anyone's followed their fiasco and double talk over Summer Time laws for member countries)? That's a set of problems seen in different cases from copy/paste errors by CM's, and whoever in coding and project managers and QC, who in cases of clear errors scramble CET vs CEST, but in a bigger picture, treat a mostly non-German player base as if local time in Hamburg and not a UTC time base is proper for the world.

When before the current FA Inno sent a notice for a change with specific start and end times, I initially thought some cluster of staff deserved our thanks for posting that long standing player request. However, when I noticed it said CET despite EU Summer Time being in effect, I became quickly suspicious that staff again screwed up on details important to a time-centric game, over skills I was teaching to my nieces at the kindergarten level and before.

Ideally staff would have clear info in game and in support resources to spell out what time epochs and issues are adopted, including daily resets that seem to move around as staff lose track of their coding or management standards (for stuff done around midnight-0100-0200 Hamburg time), the times that vary per server or other basis (eg, decay), that start at defaults but shift if players use time spells (eg, MA crafting), or others. There could be clear statements as to use of EU time changes and why that and not just a UTC base are used, and warnings given the USA player base size, how that offsets from US DST by 1-3 weeks typically twice a year, with suitable disclaimers that relate that to UTC since many other locales are present, and some places don't follow DST or Summer time shifts even in regions that generally do.

There have to be enough layers of staff in tech roles, management, and support, that basic errors I can spot as obvious before an event, and discuss in private servers many big FS's or groups of leadership players are on outside Inno systems, as well as share a heads up to my FS in game chat and its broken designs, that there's no way such wrong facts can go out without being seen and ignored by several sets of eyes. Likewise when certain daily epochs have shifted at EU time changes, or not, and changed daily epochs between 1800-1900 or 1900-2000-2100 Eastern US local times, to end up after both are on or off standard vs Summer/Daylight times an hour different than before. Some eras of staff seem less bad about that than others, but the mere process of publishing clear and specific info for ALL epochs and variable resets for players, might help staff focus and clean up erratic, reckless game operations?

Time is a complex set of issues, when we consider science, technology, business, law, and society, and then how they're all a global village with connections that take milliseconds, but GIS references working in fractional nanoseconds. It's obvious Inno's servers on Artfiles server farms follow NTP fairly well, and don't need the level of precision Italian physicists proved they were incompetent in when forced to withdraw research claiming a photon exchange with CERN faster than "C" several years ago. A little forthright disclosure and clarity of what core parameters Elvenar is designed to use could help back and front end staff do better work, and players to understand game quirks.

As to that old Marindor claim Soggy raised, there's an ongoing set of human issues without quite that level of precise standards. What balance exists between favoring players who do well paying attention to game details, versus overloading players with abusive levels of time or focus demands, increasing exponentially if we have big cities or serve as volunteer educators and leaders as AM's, such that poor game design details treat us more like kicked dogs than valued players and leaders? How does that help or avoidably stress players with time limits or other daily life demands, and who often try to rush through resets or pickups before work, before sleep, and around jobs, family, small businesses of their own, or in recent years, many home schooling kids unexpectedly (a cause for some FS's to lose good players given presumptuously demanding game design)?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A NEW FELLOWSHIP ADVENTURES STARTS ON THURSDAY

Read all about the FA we recently finished in Bets here, including a spreadsheet: https://tinyurl.com/29zs7khj
The version that comes to Live Worlds ought to be the same as the one we had in Beta - but no guarantees!
:)
Click here for strategy tips: https://tinyurl.com/y4vk4t7h

236458485_10219690570475411_4406841026067332937_n.jpg

BrinDarby

@fckm ,
Some online games that service everyone, only are correct time
for 1 region , like CET for Germany.... what has always amazed me,
and Elvenar is no different, a company runs different servers.. that
service vastly different time zones...... yet, seem to be time-centric
not on thier customer base, but thier company base ....

You'd think... announcing a start time for the US servers.....
would be in US time, like CST ..... not Germany's CET.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@helya I know you will probably not have the answer, and the people who give you the info probably won't say, but is there a reason they started the FA on Live with such a smaller gap between event and FA than was on the Beta server? Probably 95% of the time Live has the same number of days in between, give or take a day, that a lot of us expected the same 12 days in between and were not looking for the FA until next week. Did something with the schedule for future events get so out of sync that they had to speed this up by a week?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol the calendar issue is getting worse. FA launches on live realms the same day as the Autumn Zodiac starts on Beta? Someone really ought to have their head examined for that.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
@helya I know you will probably not have the answer, and the people who give you the info probably won't say, but is there a reason they started the FA on Live with such a smaller gap between event and FA than was on the Beta server? Probably 95% of the time Live has the same number of days in between, give or take a day, that a lot of us expected the same 12 days in between and were not looking for the FA until next week. Did something with the schedule for future events get so out of sync that they had to speed this up by a week?

The event spacing between live and beta is not always constant - though it usually is, so we have grown to expect it.
It appears that the designers have a deliberate strategy to have an event running almost all of the time in Live Worlds, which is probably their best way of generating extra income - which is of course their right. That is why, in Live, the FA has to follow pretty soon after the previous event.
We had a slightly unusual situation when the last event ended in Beta, in that Live Worlds had only just started their event, so would be busy for about a month still - so it did not really matter when the designers started the FA in Beta, there was no hurry. Also it is not impossible that there were design features of the following event that were not yet ready that they were still working on; they never tell us about these.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.