• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huor

Do we know if the next FA is still set for October 7th on the live worlds? Communication about this one doesn't seem to be very good? Probably because of all the new features and the Halloween event has everyone's attention?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Huor
We should get an in-game announcement. I'm prepping statues for Tues Oct 5th (just in case), but we should get an announcement before I need to set blacksmiths, and I'm betting on Thursday myself. Mainly because the new tourney structure launches Tues and I'm thinking support will be geared up to be busy with that since few players actually visit the forums and look for announcements/discussions ahead of time.
IMO, they're starting to treat the FA's sorta like tourneys and Spire: a regularly scheduled part of the game with no to few changes. I think the only time we'll see an advance discussion will be if they modify the structure of the FA; as long as it's what everyone has seen before, we'll get crickets.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Do we know if the next FA is still set for October 7th on the live worlds? Communication about this one doesn't seem to be very good? Probably because of all the new features and the Halloween event has everyone's attention?

Start dates for FAs are Never announced more than two days in advance for the Live servers. Thursday is probably a good guess, just because of event timing, but we have to wait until Tuesday morning to know for sure.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Karvest in The Beta forum posts this: It has been scheduled 07.10.2021 on live long time ago. Doubt that date would be changed.

That is because he is one of the ones who digs into the data and reads the code. The date is in the code, but there has been no announcement, and won't be until early Tuesday morning, if the date stays the same.

mikeledo

I really need to start 2-day statues on late Monday night so they can be ready early Thursday morning. I can't wait until Tuesday for the announcement.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I really need to start 2-day statues on late Monday night so they can be ready early Thursday morning. I can't wait until Tuesday for the announcement.

Same as most everyone else in the US. But since things always start at the same moment on all Live servers, what is 5AM here on the East Coast, is 11AM in Britain or Noon in Germany or dinner time in Australia. On top of that, since the two-day warning is generally exactly two days, or 48 hours before the start, we do not see the announcement until we wake up in the morning with less that 48 hours to prep.

Grid Gypsy

Same as most everyone else in the US. But since things always start at the same moment on all Live servers, what is 5AM here on the East Coast, is 11AM in Britain or Noon in Germany or dinner time in Australia. On top of that, since the two-day warning is generally exactly two days, or 48 hours before the start, we do not see the announcement until we wake up in the morning with less that 48 hours to prep.

That's why our FS keeps up with previous start dates and the beta start date. We then get out the candles and the pig knuckle bones, burn some sage, say a few nonsensical words, check the alignment of the stars, predict when we think it will probably start and ultimately, build/start everything the weekend before. lol

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That's why our FS keeps up with previous start dates and the beta start date. We then get out the candles and the pig knuckle bones, burn some sage, say a few nonsensical words, check the alignment of the stars, predict when we think it will probably start and ultimately, build/start everything the weekend before. lol

That can work. ;)

But you can narrow it down some more. Inno never starts them on a day that would make it end on the weekend, because the Support people who can fix bugs right away do not work on the weekends, so no starting on a Sunday or Monday. Same reason for not starting it on the weekend, so no Saturday start either. Also, they no longer start them on a Tuesday because that would make it end on a Monday, when there is no tournament to help with certain badges. That leaves Wed, Thurs, or Friday as the possible starting days. so always making sure your people start all their productions no later than Sunday night will have them ready for any of those three possible start days. Then the only thing you have to worry about is the very rare delay by a week that we have gotten on Beta. We had everything ready to go and then had to sit on all those buildings for an extra 7 days. lol

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
THE FA IS COMING ON OCTOBER 7th 2021!
Read all about it here: Fellowship Adventures starts October 7th 2021: https://tinyurl.com/dmk97w4u
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Dear Humans and Elves,
A new round of Fellowship Adventures will start on Thursday, October 7th.
If you plan on joining a Fellowship, make sure to do so before the event starts. If you join or leave a fellowship during the event, you won't receive any rewards and won't keep your progress in this round.
Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team

244315585_10219913540729528_4819100159675992196_n.jpg

mikeledo

I was excited once. Like when we got a barnyard or phoenix as a prize. I was a real hard FA player. Now it is more of a one-and-done. Some FS score 50,000 plus points which means it is impossible for other FS to compete unless everyone guts their city for 2x3 pop/culture. They need to redesign the FA with different paths and different badges. It is just boring, especially with the frequency. Playing the very same FA over and over again ad nauseum is not any way to generate participation. Let me see how many teleport spells I got...

defiantoneks

can someone explain to me why the Pet Food is stored under Enchantments, but does NOT count for the badge on using enchantments?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
can someone explain to me why the Pet Food is stored under Enchantments, but does NOT count for the badge on using enchantments?
Teleports are there, too, but doesn't count either.
On browser, if you hover over the ones on the top row, each tooltip says 'enchantment effect'. If you hover over the ones on the bottom row, that phrase is missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.