• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
"never has" doesnt seem like a real reason to me. guess i'm thinking, it applies the same way a MM or PP does, so i'm looking for logic of why. i get not CC, because you dont "apply" it to actually enchant something.
suppose i shouldn't bother. "cuz i said so" seems to be the way.

Eh, it has been this way for several FAs now, ever since the new badges were added. And somewhere in all the pages and pages of comments from those months, there were answers from mods about this. Digging up those replies is too much work. We could tag @helya and have her explain it again.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Maybe only those 3 spells count cause that is what the badge description says?
1633675120182.png

And maybe inno designed the badge description this way cause in earlier versions of the FA we had those 3 badges:
1633675340215.png

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member

OIM20

I'm curious. Does anyone know this guy's name? Everyone else has their name attached to them on mobile (not on browser): General Brax (brewery, guard), Bardbarella (wonder society), Glisal (tiara), Madame Estrella - who is the only one on two badges who gets two graphics (marbles, coins), Rivenor the Builder (carpenters), Ronan the Builder (blacksmiths), Shephard Sahlina (farmers, druids), Sorceress Melissa (bracelet, witch hat), Sorceress Tandriel (necklace), Tandulien (statue), and Zaphiel the Apprentice (arcane residue). But the guy attached to the ghosts wasn't given a name on the mobile - so I'm curious if anyone knows it?

no name (GiaB).jpg

Huor

Just curious, has anyone seen a bear conversion recipe since the FA started?

OIM20

Just curious, has anyone seen a bear conversion recipe since the FA started?
Twice in Sinya (7 Oct @ 12:29 PM & 10:25 PM EST). Once in Harandar - but this one was just before the FA began (7 Oct 2:16 AM EST). No joy in Elcysandir. It is much rarer than the pet food I am tracking. :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@helya in the past artifact conversion recipes have left the Magic Academy shortly after the end of the fellowship adventure. Do you know the date where the Panda Bear conversion recipe will be taken out?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I don't know for sure, and I'm happy to ask for you on Monday, but I would hazard a guess that it will not be for more than a week.
That would be very good! In last year's Moon Bear cycle the Moon Bear artifact conversion recipe left the Magic Academy on the same afternoon the fellowship adventure ended. If I remember right, the FA was originally planned earlier and then got delayed. And the date for which the conversion recipe would be removed was not altered.

Dopeykr

Every 3rd rotation of the recipes the conversion bear recipe has shown up. Instead of original Bears I need 4 Moon Bear Artifacts. Anyone have any idea when I can get them from the Spire.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Every 3rd rotation of the recipes the conversion bear recipe has shown up. Instead of original Bears I need 4 Moon Bear Artifacts. Anyone have any idea when I can get them from the Spire.
Right now there is no way to get Moon Bear artifacts. It seems they are offering the artifacts from the old evolving buildings in the spire on a 6 week basis. And the rotation is the exact same as the order in which they originally appeared. If they maintain this schedule, then Moon Bear artifacts will enter the spire 18 weeks after the current Valentine Float artifact cycle ends.

Player9999

It bothers in general me when people use words like "everyone."
There is a tendency on this forum to think that your FS represents the feeling of all players.

EVERYONE online or reliant on business or government, as nearly everyone also is, uses UTC based systems.

Given that GMT was deprecated in the early 1970's and replaced with UTC then, use of "everyone" in that context which references world legal and technical official standards, and systems that nearly universally (universally for servers and most serious net functions) calibrate to that via NTP, at least in carefully selected uses and stipulated conditions, such language can be precise and accurate.

People using the term "GMT" in the last several decades also cause confusion over the meaning of BST, or BS-Time.

France won the fight with England 50 years ago, in that French as a legal spec for that primary time standard results in UTC spelled out translating to "Coordinated Universal Time". Urban Dictionary might suggest a variant called "Coordinated Universal Network Time". But, blame stodgy Brits, and France, for England retaining GMT as their term for UTC-0 as standard time there in winter, versus BST as British Summer Time springing forward an hour. How wonderfully clear to munge a deprecated standard into a local time zone ongoing name. Too bad no one was around to musckster them when needed?

When Inno CM's have copied and pasted notices about events in CEST in winter, it's clear they have little functional literacy in job duties, not that the EU Parliament didn't cause major headaches bumbling around and even implementing and then withdrawing one proposal to scramble EU Summer Time by order of law there.

Inno's operation of a global game based on Hamburg local time, whether CET (UTC+1) or CEST (UTC+2), further scramble things in that while both are usually 6 hours ahead of EST or EDT, the dates of seasonal shift change, such that there's a 1-3 week offset period, and a history of staff or server admins down the street making changes that end up shifted an hour after that interlude, as if Inno needs to test HR for their capacity to test new hires for basic functional literacy in that key issue of international business and tech.

Everyone competent to be a functional adult in our global village has those functional literacies.

What does that imply, given the history of hostile anti-intellectualism movements, or the fact that very few people have any clue how complex time systems are, and why? (Note that includes the idiot Italian physicists who published a report claiming to swap photons with CERN faster than C, because they failed to grasp accurate use of precision GIS time standards.) Maybe they were trying to misapply BS-Time? ;-)

Player9999

Unfortunately, not everyone has switched over. Most websites still show zones as ±GMT, So I'm thinking more people would know that.
Either way, as @Iyapo1 pointed out it's only ever a 5-seconds google away, and I'd add that the FA is so lame that ±24h is close enough :p

Google doesn't help much if you don't understand GMT as a badly chosen time zone name that alternates to BST, versus a sign of illiteracy or OCD and ethnocentrism, or as a piece of history still misused by some. Nor Inno practices, which are usually Hamburg local CET or CEST based, as a kludge on top of nearly certainly UTC based servers, mangled at times when they reset the kludges inconsistently some years.

Why would such web sites give the impression that the marketing types behind it have no idea how NTP works or their own network stacks of hard and soft systems and interconnections actually work?

The US Navy has been pressured to restore stronger teaching requirements in sextant sightings, given the potential for Electromagnetic Pulse weapons or E^3 nuke blasts to take out Comm and IT systems. Most treatment of that topic I've seen ignores the reliance of sextant users on accurate chronographs, and alternatives to the same systems used for time in GIS affecting digital watches, clocks, and other devices.

These days the UK Royal Observatory seems to be hosting talks with YouTube videos mainly, while the US Naval Observatory does run tertiary NTP servers, but is mainly known for the Vice President's home. Even our old NBS (National Bureau of Standards) was long ago morphed into NIST (National Institute for Science and Technology).

If you mentioned frequencies of 2.5, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 MHz, or 3.333 and 7.335 MHz, how many people these days would identify what those are and mean, and the 2 or more core purposes to which they were designated (for one of which 5 or 10 MHz are best suited)?

GIS time can do way better, but how close to WWVB's 1/10^11 s can NTP come? (w/ propagation delay compensation; several orders of magnitude less w/o)

Status
Not open for further replies.