• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In my opinion, most of the complaints would be resolved if the devs played their own games! I am not convinced they are going through our experience of FAs just about every damn month...

Yes, they are a pain, but there are only 6 a year currently, not every month.

The Unbeliever

IIRC, this year we've had;
Carnival w/Everblossom Sleigh -> FA
Spring w/Ashen Phoenix -> FA
May w/Fairy Queen Garden... NO! FA (event was so easy, most players could land a 2nd Lv1 building + 1-3 additional grand prizes)
Sorcs -> FA with a Mana Hut instead of artifacts
Elven Games -> FA
Fall -> FA

FA's suck the fun out of the game. They need to be dealt with like any other warp-tainted heretic; shot repeatedly, burned to ash, and the remains sealed in a capsule and fired into the nearest sun to ensure no trace of their filthy Chaos taint remains. :p

Missus Me

In all the years of the FA, they have never stacked. If you are making blacksmiths and accidentally collect 6 workshops, instead of 5, you are out of luck. Or if you accidentally collect one too many 48-hour goods productions, you are out of luck. If you collect more troops or coins than needed for those badges, the extra is lost. Etc. I do not remember if an official reason for that was ever posted to any of the forums, but it probably was.

@Darielle pointed out that there are instances where someone, during an FA, will not be able to place a badge due to being afk for whatever reason. Which is a valid point - just this AM, in one of my fellowships, a member was finally able to get on and place a badge on the map where we've been holding on a waypoint for over a day.

@SoggyShorts pointed out that the devs gave a kind of either/or vote on locks versus a path. And probably because of situations where someone might need to just pop a badge into a waypoint that the FS doesn't intend to complete solely so they can get the stage rewards, the highlighted path option was the majority consensus. (At least, that's how I read Soggy's post.)

Wait - my fellowship has been operating under the assumption that placement doesn't count unless the node is completed. Is that incorrect? That would make a huge difference in the way we manage maps.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Wait - my fellowship has been operating under the assumption that placement doesn't count unless the node is completed. Is that incorrect? That would make a huge difference in the way we manage maps.
Place a badge anywhere and it counts. I prefer if someone drops a common easily made badge that we are going to end up with a lot of wasted ones, Guards or Coin for example.

In all the years of the FA, they have never stacked. If you are making blacksmiths and accidentally collect 6 workshops, instead of 5, you are out of luck. Or if you accidentally collect one too many 48-hour goods productions, you are out of luck. If you collect more troops or coins than needed for those badges, the extra is lost. Etc. I do not remember if an official reason for that was ever posted to any of the forums, but it probably was.

Your position may be valid, but please don't use history as your validation. Whenever I see people say things like "In all the years" or "it has always been like this" I think about racial and gender inequality. Just because something has been done "like this" for "years" does not make it valid.

If not stacking is the right way for the game to be implemented, OK. But if it works better a different way, don't use history as an excuse to keep it the old way.

I see a lot of posts regarding clicks, and overflow, and comparisons to team sports, and if you don't do this then it isn't really a competition - too many to quote.

All rules to all games and all sports are arbitrary. At some point, one or more people sat down together and said: I have an idea for a game. You have to do this to get a point. The other people responded in one of the following ways: either, "OK, that sounds reasonable" or "There is no way that I'm going to do that to get a point."

When I'm at home, my wife prefers that I not sit in front of the computer for hours at time. For some reason she feels that there are things that need to be done - lawn mowing, maintenance, 1001 chores. At work, my boss thinks that I should spend some of my 8 hour shift working instead of being on the computer playing games. So that means that I am limited to two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch.

I don't like combat in this game. There are other people who understand it much better than I do, who lose far fewer units when fighting than I do, but I don't ask for it to be easier because I know that if I cared enough to spend time studying, and fighting manually, that I could probably do much better.

I want to accomplish as much as possible during the little time that I have available to play the game. Spending time moving and clicking a mouse, again and again and again, rather than thinking about how to be better at combat, or which buildings to upgrade in what order and how can I fit four 6x5 buildings in the space previously occupied by four 5x5 buildings is both tedious, time consuming and it aggravates my carpal tunnel syndrome.

So ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that the game devs can do to reduce and eliminate unnecessary point and clicks is of value to me. I would assume that it is of value to all of the other players as well - but perhaps you are all single, independently wealthy and are young enough not to have to worry about carpal tunnel yet ...

Dew Spinner

I see a lot of posts regarding clicks, and overflow, and comparisons to team sports, and if you don't do this then it isn't really a competition - too many to quote.

All rules to all games and all sports are arbitrary. At some point, one or more people sat down together and said: I have an idea for a game. You have to do this to get a point. The other people responded in one of the following ways: either, "OK, that sounds reasonable" or "There is no way that I'm going to do that to get a point."

When I'm at home, my wife prefers that I not sit in front of the computer for hours at time. For some reason she feels that there are things that need to be done - lawn mowing, maintenance, 1001 chores. At work, my boss thinks that I should spend some of my 8 hour shift working instead of being on the computer playing games. So that means that I am limited to two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch.

I don't like combat in this game. There are other people who understand it much better than I do, who lose far fewer units when fighting than I do, but I don't ask for it to be easier because I know that if I cared enough to spend time studying, and fighting manually, that I could probably do much better.

I want to accomplish as much as possible during the little time that I have available to play the game. Spending time moving and clicking a mouse, again and again and again, rather than thinking about how to be better at combat, or which buildings to upgrade in what order and how can I fit four 6x5 buildings in the space previously occupied by four 5x5 buildings is both tedious, time consuming and it aggravates my carpal tunnel syndrome.

So ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that the game devs can do to reduce and eliminate unnecessary point and clicks is of value to me. I would assume that it is of value to all of the other players as well - but perhaps you are all single, independently wealthy and are young enough not to have to worry about carpal tunnel yet ...
The issue is INNO wants players ON THE GAME for as long as possible, that is how they make money...less clicks, means less time on the game, means less money! Most games run on this premise, so although INNO has made some changes to the game to require less clicks they have been minimal at best, so they can look like they are responding to players complaints but not really. How many clicks will it take to manage this new FS Perk Program...LOTS...so, if INNO saved us some clicks somewhere else we are still clicking more in the long run!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'd like to remind the older players, and informer the newer players of a couple of ways the game has changed since the FA was introduced.

For one. Remember how you used to set production on every Factory and every Workshop individually.
There was no checkbox that let you start thirty toolboxes at once.
it was click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/ ...

And before that, imagine if you will a time when you could only build one badge at a time.
You could not have 20 brew
5 groceries
3 48 hour goods
etc
Nope. If you wanted that brew badge you needed to finish that before you could cycle through the list collect necklaces, before cycling through the list to collect black smiths
If you weren't here I cannot possibly describe the sheer pita-ness of the effort. And oh the horror if you mistakenly clicked the next badge when you meant to add that last required toolbox.

I'm just saying. There is always room for improvement.
But we should appreciate the ways the devs have made things less onerous.

PS
I was typing this while DEW posted the above. This was a general response to everyone not a direct response to him. But I will say getting rid of the badge cycling was no small improvement.

Elivarian

I'd like to remind the older players, and informer the newer players of a couple of ways the game has changed since the FA was introduced.

For one. Remember how you used to set production on every Factory and every Workshop individually.
There was no checkbox that let you start thirty toolboxes at once.
it was click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/ ...

And before that, imagine if you will a time when you could only build one badge at a time.
You could not have 20 brew
5 groceries
3 48 hour goods
etc
Nope. If you wanted that brew badge you needed to finish that before you could cycle through the list collect necklaces, before cycling through the list to collect black smiths
If you weren't here I cannot possibly describe the sheer pita-ness of the effort. And oh the horror if you mistakenly clicked the next badge when you meant to add that last required toolbox.

I'm just saying. There is always room for improvement.
But we should appreciate the ways the devs have made things less onerous.
Yes, that was hell compared to this :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.