• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tehya1

So now that I have two RP artifacts, will that convesion spell disappear, or will I get a chance to tun these useless arties into something useful?

Dew Spinner

I'd like to remind the older players, and informer the newer players of a couple of ways the game has changed since the FA was introduced.

For one. Remember how you used to set production on every Factory and every Workshop individually.
There was no checkbox that let you start thirty toolboxes at once.
it was click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/click-worksop/click-toolbox/click-close/ ...

And before that, imagine if you will a time when you could only build one badge at a time.
You could not have 20 brew
5 groceries
3 48 hour goods
etc
Nope. If you wanted that brew badge you needed to finish that before you could cycle through the list collect necklaces, before cycling through the list to collect black smiths
If you weren't here I cannot possibly describe the sheer pita-ness of the effort. And oh the horror if you mistakenly clicked the next badge when you meant to add that last required toolbox.

I'm just saying. There is always room for improvement.
But we should appreciate the ways the devs have made things less onerous.

PS
I was typing this while DEW posted the above. This was a general response to everyone not a direct response to him. But I will say getting rid of the badge cycling was no small improvement.
I agree, but they are also making more clicks all the time. So I think this offsets the less clicking that they improve to the point that there is very little less clicking and probably as mucjh or more clicking.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I agree, but they are also making more clicks all the time. So I think this offsets the less clicking that they improve to the point that there is very little less clicking and probably as mucjh or more clicking.

And there are threads here asking for more clicks
"Help, I go too fast and accept trades I don't want --- I didn't mean to post in chat --- I hit negotiate by mistake --- Please add an 'Are you sure' click "

Now you have to click more to set them every 2 mins! Do you make more Brews, YES...Do you click more...YES YES!

But you only have to click one of them every two minutes instead of fifty of them every five minutes

Dew Spinner

"Help, I go too fast and accept trades I don't want --- I didn't mean to post in chat --- I hit negotiate by mistake --- Please add an 'Are you sure' click "

But you only have to click one of them every two minutes instead of fifty of them every five minutes
You are missing the point...for every click they take away they are adding 3 more clicks. Smoke and Mirrors, they are trying to make you think they are lessening the clicks when in actuality they are adding more and more clicks. You can take away 50 clicks but as you add on 4 clicks here and 3 clicks there, that 50 click savings dissipates pretty quickly!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

That is easy to fix, though. We already have a pop up asking to confirm diamond spending, with a check box to not see the message again. Just do the same for all these others. Or add an option to the rest that you can change when you click the cog wheel. One click and no more pop up warnings. And then the people who need those pop ups, because they just can't stop clicking, will have one.

Huor

Since the FA started, I haven't seen one conversion recipe. In fact, I haven't seen a single artifact recipe of any kind.

Tehya1

I have not seen the stupid conversion since the fa ended after seeing it multiple times daily.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Read all about the Fellowship Adventures we had in Beta server, including the new dual-purpose artifact, here:
https://tinyurl.com/p26sb33d

Note that the version that appears in the Live Worlds is usually but not always the same as the Beta version.
You are welcome to share this Google Doc with friends and fellowship

255560625_10220121937739323_7003989816863188953_n.jpg

kclarke

Why are adventures announced at the last minute? I'm sure Inno didn't just decide to hold one this morning. Why is there no information available as to which map, the paths and badges needed? There's a lot of work required to set up your city for an adventure and plan your members' participation. Inno just made it harder for no apparent reason.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Why are adventures announced at the last minute? I'm sure Inno didn't just decide to hold one this morning. Why is there no information available as to which map, the paths and badges needed? There's a lot of work required to set up your city for an adventure and plan your members' participation. Inno just made it harder for no apparent reason.

That is how the FA has always been since it was started years ago.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One

It is always announced 2 days before the start. Since the longest badge is 2 days production it works. The map, paths & badges have not changed in a very long time. The only thing that changes is the awards. We also always know it is coming in the News from Beta conversation.

Soleil Nightbloom

To help plan your city for the FA you can refer to the ElvenGems site: https://elvengems.com/fellowship-adventures/november-2021-adventure/

They offer a lot of helpful advice about how to setup your city, the current map used and badge info etc. It is a good idea to check out the site before the FA.

kclarke

Maybe that's how it always worked, but why? Would it be that hard to have 3 days notice so you'd have a day to set up? Or to include a note in the announcement that it's the same map and badge counts from the last FA?

Status
Not open for further replies.