• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures--Players' preferences

DeletedUser17455

Hmm... I think the options you provide are skewed toward the negative. This is my first FA, and I would say that I enjoyed it but feel like the rewards were not compelling.

I find it hard to accept the claim that FAs are a "waste of resources", since you don't actually spend any resources to participate in one. They are a waste of time, if you happen to be the one grinding brewery badges for example. I think fellows need to decide how much time they feel comfortable putting in: some people are happy to grind badges while sipping coffee, studying, or on a long commute (depends on wifi/laptop access, of course).

So:

[x] I think fellowship adventures make a good quarterly event
[x] I love the fellowship adventures, but I wish they would change the UI and add rewards per node

(I also think it would be nice if your excess badges at the end translated to some simple bonus, like a pile of gold or production)

The Unbeliever

How to fix the current flaming dumpster fire that are Fellowship (mis)Adventures:
1. Put prizes on ALL the "intersection waypoints".
Oh, and of course, scale them by the difficulty of the path too... They don't have to be game-changing prizes, but seriously, give us something to at least make all the effort more worthwhile, while also introducing a more tactical element to the misadventures as well.
ie: if green is the "easy" path, then it's way points can offer things like smaller instants & broken shards. meanwhile, if orange is the "hard" path, then you can seed it with some more desirable prizes like an event deco or elemental codex, etc...

2. Make the 'End Stage' prizes actual prizes
Nothing is more insulting to the players than to have spend 1000's of hours collectively creating 400-600 badges, only to then **** on them by "rewarding" a 14hr instant + a 1x1 deco.
Thanks Inno, how about I'll take 'just shoot me now' for 400 Alex?
Again, we're not asking/demanding the FA's give us the Lv3 'Grand Prizes' from across the various seasonal events, but at least something that makes the herculean efforts we go through to complete especially Stage 3 at lest worth it! (*cough*100diamonds*cough*)

3. Bring in FoE's quest cycling system please
For those who don't know it, when you pull up the various quest tabs on FoE, you get a side page that scrolls onto your screen, and can then just mash the 'Abort' button (and also turn off/on the confirmation in the settings), to quickly speed through the various quest options.
It is FAST! Like, when I make my daily round of 13 collection of 2x24hr production recurring quests, I'm able to finish within under 5min & then reset all 26 buildings back to a 24hr production levels of fast!:eek:
With the adventures using the same system, we'd be able to cycle through and make picking up 10-20 different badges take up all of maybe 5-10min at most, vs the current agony of spending 10-15min picking up maybe 5-6 badges!

4. Soggy share that cake dammit!!

DeletedUser5521

I find it hard to accept the claim that FAs are a "waste of resources", since you don't actually spend any resources to participate in one.
As Laochra mentioned above, Map 1 of the current Beta FA (*coming to Live Worlds on Thursday) requires 35,000 of ALL goods, 1 path asking for Tier 1, another Tier 2, and the other Tier 3. The same is true on Maps 2 and 3, except the amounts get increasingly more demanding. Map 2 requires 100,000 of each, and Map 3, 300,000 of each. Also, many relics are required, and on some paths, thousands of orcs. You do not get these goods/relics/orcs back. They are gone for good. My FS is currently stuck at the 2nd waypoint on the 3rd Map because I don't think as a group we even have 300K of each good asked for, so that might be where we finish. @Zeigfreid , I know you just did your first FA and enjoyed it, and I'm glad. But they don't all have the same format, and an FA may require LOTS of resources to participate, as I'm sure you will learn for yourself :oops:

Rocce Sqirl

1. Four to Six a year is plenty. More, and more frequently, is too much.
2. I would not be unhappy if Inno decided to fix the badge cycling thing before the next one, even if it meant delaying the next one so it's fixed first.
3. DO NOT return to requiring raw goods, relics or Orcs. It is inherently unfair to demand the expenditure of our resources. One of the attractions to participate in an adventure is that the requirements to earn the badges also helps fill our inventory of goods and supplies, as opposed to draining it.
4. OTOH, I would not oppose a return of the Wonder Society, Elvarian Guard and Sack of Coins. They are difficult, yes, but still result in an inventory benefit to competitors.
5. I enjoy the challenge. I really don't play it for the prizes, but I'd have to agree the prizes are cheap compared to the effort required.

DeletedUser7923

Once a quarter would be plenty. Not a single one of the 7 FS in which I am a member plan to participate in the FSA starting this Thursday. It is demanding of time and requires a lot of planning ahead in order to do well and nobody is up for another round so soon. The prizes are not enticing enough to coax participation.

DeletedUser2768

How to fix the current flaming dumpster fire that are Fellowship (mis)Adventures:
1. Put prizes on ALL the "intersection waypoints".
Oh, and of course, scale them by the difficulty of the path too... They don't have to be game-changing prizes, but seriously, give us something to at least make all the effort more worthwhile, while also introducing a more tactical element to the misadventures as well.
ie: if green is the "easy" path, then it's way points can offer things like smaller instants & broken shards. meanwhile, if orange is the "hard" path, then you can seed it with some more desirable prizes like an event deco or elemental codex, etc...

2. Make the 'End Stage' prizes actual prizes
Nothing is more insulting to the players than to have spend 1000's of hours collectively creating 400-600 badges, only to then **** on them by "rewarding" a 14hr instant + a 1x1 deco.
Thanks Inno, how about I'll take 'just shoot me now' for 400 Alex?
Again, we're not asking/demanding the FA's give us the Lv3 'Grand Prizes' from across the various seasonal events, but at least something that makes the herculean efforts we go through to complete especially Stage 3 at lest worth it! (*cough*100diamonds*cough*)

3. Bring in FoE's quest cycling system please
For those who don't know it, when you pull up the various quest tabs on FoE, you get a side page that scrolls onto your screen, and can then just mash the 'Abort' button (and also turn off/on the confirmation in the settings), to quickly speed through the various quest options.
It is FAST! Like, when I make my daily round of 13 collection of 2x24hr production recurring quests, I'm able to finish within under 5min & then reset all 26 buildings back to a 24hr production levels of fast!:eek:
With the adventures using the same system, we'd be able to cycle through and make picking up 10-20 different badges take up all of maybe 5-10min at most, vs the current agony of spending 10-15min picking up maybe 5-6 badges!

4. Soggy share that cake dammit!!

I would also add in: FIX THE CHAT!! How the $*(@($%_@#*#_% are we supposed to coordinate a FA when half or more of the fellowship doesn't have a functioning chat?

Rocce Sqirl

About the chat -- our FS handles nearly all the communication specific to the FA on the message boards. First, to leave the chat open for chatting and unrelated stuff. Second, to be able to focus comments on specific FA topics. The coordination gets lost amidst all the stuff that lands on chat, but becomes really focused when message boards with titled subjects are used.
Some chatter about the FA does happen on chat, but it's not a prime resource.
That said, Chat DOES need a fix.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
About the chat -- our FS handles nearly all the communication specific to the FA on the message boards. First, to leave the chat open for chatting and unrelated stuff. Second, to be able to focus comments on specific FA topics. The coordination gets lost amidst all the stuff that lands on chat, but becomes really focused when message boards with titled subjects are used.
Some chatter about the FA does happen on chat, but it's not a prime resource.
This is a good strategy for desktop-only fellowships, but mobile-app players can not see the emails, so can't see any of those group messages. those teams are at a serious disadvantage.

DeletedUser17455

Ah yes, I didn't see that: giving up relics and goods seems less appealing...

Nectar of the Gods

If they are going to continue to have FAs that require Orcs, huge amounts of supplies, and huge amounts of relics, then they need to rename it to something else. A FS that has no players who can produce Orcs can not hope to compete in such a Fellowship Adventure. They arrive at that waypoint and they can't go any further. The last one they had that required Orcs had them in the 3rd or 4th waypoint of Stage 1! Oh, you have a FS that doesn't produce Orcs yet? Go home. This event isn't meant for you.

Either a FA is for all fellowships, regardless the chapter level of the members, or it needs to end. Period. That's my opinion.

I won't even try to play the one coming up. The thing I initially loved about FAs is they allowed me to gather resources for my city, they helped me advance. When they require me to give up goods that I can not afford to give and damage my city if I participate, I stop participating. No more. The insanity needs to stop.

The frequency of events is insane, btw. I'm tired. I shouldn't be worn out playing a game. It becomes work and loses its enjoyment value. Inno needs to figure out event fatigue is a real thing before people start dropping off altogether. Enough is enough.

Chrizty

At my FS stage in this game we don't have to give up resources, So its fun, I think when we get to the point of having to give them up it wont be fun anymore,, Hope they change that before we get there.....
I picked 4 per year,, changed my vote from every other month,,cause right now they are fun, But they are also time consuming, and we do also need time to build our city's,research, and province and all that fun stuff :)

The Unbeliever

Is there any other besides chocolate? Or German chocolate or chocolate chip or chocolate genache filled or chocolate ice cream cake or chocolate cheese cake or...
well you get it by now...:D but you must check with Soggy ...it's his cake.
Chocolate lava cake... new Hawaiian version now with 100% real lava?!
(caution: probably extremely hot, chemicals likely hazardous to health, but guaranteed will-actually-melt-your-mouth delicious!?)