• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures - Success or Fail?

• Thread starter DeletedUser6375
  • Start date

DeletedUser15568

It is a fail cause the fellowship I'm in is non active with the exception 2 players. Looking for a new fellowship that is active.

The Unbeliever

Worst event yet by a country mile...
My fellowship only played because a few members wanted to give it shot, but overall, none of us were enthused & the "prizes" are a bloody insult.
And to add insult to injury, the whole thing was bugged to hell and back, to the point it was delayed by 2 whole freaking days, and Inno refused to add back the time we missed due to their screw-ups?!lol.
(and even with the delay, the quest givers were still badly bugged & forced constant re-boots to unfreze them!:mad: )

Sucky event was sucky.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser7914

wow, this FA was most definitely a fail.
1. too soon after last event
2. too short. time should have been 7 days, as before
3. too hard. too many 1-2 day, too many required at a time. just ridiculous
4. poor rewards. no motivation to complete based on rewards

so yeah, cant think of a single reason why a fellowship would bother to participate

Deleted User - 691030

EPIC FAIL!

Of the 3 live servers I played on, only 1 had no issues requiring tickets to be submitted.

Our FS on Sinya Arda did not even get to start the FA until we had only 20 hours left due to a glitch that caused our browser to reload if we tried to access the map and not having any badge quest givers in order to collect badges. Many tickets were sent and it took them 4 days to fix it. This was a FS wide issue, so none of us in our FS could participate.

Our FS on Arendyll ended up in the pit thanks to a highly organized Mage who orchestrated badges perfectly and a few diamond players willing to use their wallets to further our progress. We reached 1st place about 4 hours before the FA ended. We got to do 1 round in the pit before the pit froze. We put in tickets and within an hour they unfroze our pit. However 2 minutes later the pit completely disappeared. We sent in tickets again, but they told us there was no way to fix it before the FA ended. We watched helpless as we went from 1st place to 4th over the course of 2 hours.

All of this is besides the utterly garbage map prizes (traveling merchants...really?), and the ridiculous number of 1-day and 2-day badge needs.

edeba

Completely disagree with comment number 2. The biggest problem with a COMPETITION is that the timeline is too long. More time would simply increase the gross competition fatigue and increase game burnout.

A competition needs to be 2 day. Heck, it would even be massively better if the course was published a week ahead and the FA could really plan it. Then you would have all of this team work, not under pressure, figuring out the best approach, then the competition, which needs to be limited to 2 days. To give players something to do, leave the levels open an opportunity to work on it outside of competition for a couple weeks. But award the FA awards based on scores 48 hours after it starts. Have a count down time for the start the whole week ahead, and make it switch to hours at the 3 days mark.

I liked this thing the first day or two of the first one, but feeling it was too much by the third day and absolutely dreading that there were still 3 days to go by the 4th day, and developing contempt for the designer.

wow, this FA was most definitely a fail.
1. too soon after last event
2. too short. time should have been 7 days, as before
3. too hard. too many 1-2 day, too many required at a time. just ridiculous
4. poor rewards. no motivation to complete based on rewards

so yeah, cant think of a single reason why a fellowship would bother to participate

DeletedUser1996

FAIL:
I feel the FS Adventure is just an INNO chance to ~"TRY"~ to reach into our pockets . Now yes , I know they are a biz .. but when they make it too unreal, and make it about $ instead of Fellowships having fun together.This is when you have to say enough already -give it a break ! I`m pushing and i know others are as well - to just stop playing it All together ! The prizes -are Not even worth the Time, Energy & Resources + Frustration (Anger)and much more , that i have already seen. """ Pls. try to remember -this is just my view ...and may not reflect the views of others. """

edeba

I have not found anyone to admit they spent money on this thing. I think it is probably a fail in that department as well even though people keep saying they think that's happening.

Rayloff

Would it hurt them to update the prizes to reflect more appropriately the description of "Decent amount of goods" lol. Im on the last chapter 11 and believe me 540 marble every 9 hours is not by any means decent lol. I am however proud of my fellowship "Drunken Donkey" in Felyndral and all members for completing all 3 stages without use of diamonds and placing 28th, we will use that whopping 45 minute time reduction wisely lol. We will also probably be 1 more fellowship that will no longer be competing if there are no improvements/incentives made to upcoming FA.

DeletedUser13002

I have not found anyone to admit they spent money on this thing. I think it is probably a fail in that department as well even though people keep saying they think that's happening.

That's the point I made elsewhere. If the idea was for Inno to make a money grab with this thing, it can't have been as effective as they'd have hoped. A few high-ranking fellowships spending for diamonds to finish out with a top spot can't possibly rake in as much as making a) the final prizes more valuable for everyone, b) the grand prize attainable by more people (not easy by any means—but within reach for a reasonable expenditure of effort), and c) the whole process more intuitive and smooth for everyone (by upgrading the idiotic quest cycling, for instance). If these had happened instead, a lot more folks would choose to get involved, and a lot more would be willing to spend some money to cross the finish line for a decent reward (myself included). Good fundraising in any context centers on large numbers of small donations more than small numbers of big donations.

Sounds like someone in the Inno offices needs to repeat their first year of business school....

DeletedUser3507

Ok I admit I spent money on it they sold ingredients necessary one day blew 25$

But in my opinion this one really sucked worse prizes yet, and as a note the last one I will ever attempt.
So a big Fail for the event even though we finished it by doing 1 path per each stage of it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have spoken with a player who admits to at least a couple of fellows spending $100 each to get through some bottlenecks.
Also there was apparently a FS that completed 70 pit rounds in 15 minutes in order to take 1st place.
Maybe they had 210 of each badge sitting in the bank waiting for the last 15 minutes?

Thistleknot

My fellowship did not perform well this time for multiple reasons. Some were our fault and some were the game design.

Timing seemed to be an issue. We had a few computer issues, including the Archmage's crashing and needing to be replaced. Many of the upper echelon were busy with real life and couldn't participate as much. It did not help that Inno released this very close to the other events. The addition of the three new badges was not necessary. That really caused a huge bottleneck for my group. There also seemed to be a lot more longer productions required. I don't expect much for the prizes for the FA, so I wasn't disappointed there.

I was disappointed in the overall experience this time. In the first two FA, we placed around 32 both times. This time we were at 186 and barely managed to get through one path of the first pass. Hopefully next time will be better.

The Unbeliever

I have spoken with a player who admits to at least a couple of fellows spending $100 each to get through some bottlenecks.
Also there was apparently a FS that completed 70 pit rounds in 15 minutes in order to take 1st place.
Maybe they had 210 of each badge sitting in the bank waiting for the last 15 minutes?
I don't know if I should laugh or cry that people threw that much money at this lousy event...

Guess it's true what they say... there's a sucker born every minute!:rolleyes:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't know if I should laugh or cry that people threw that much money at this lousy event...

Guess it's true what they say... there's a sucker born every minute!:rolleyes:
Sucker is harsh. People do what they value with their money. for some people $100 isn't even a decent tip to leave for a nice meal. Spending it on one evening's entertainment in a game with 20 friends is hardly something to criticize them over.