• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures

BrinDarby

Rethink Fellowship Adventures.....

1st off - ALL waypoints, add a team aspect bonus... +1 pt per member adding a badge.
This give the possibility of bonus points for true team play, while @ the same time it
fosters true team play and participation.

2nd - ALL tri-color waypoints get a token prize for complete'n the WP.

3rd - stage prizes determined by how many paths were completed....
so for example ... 1 path - #1 prize , 2 paths - #1 & #2 prizes , and
3 paths - #1, #2, & #3 prizes... Because smaller FSs can't do more than
1 path per stage, in this example #1 - Artifact, #2 - Carting Library, &
#3 - lets say time boosters .... ( currently complete'n just 1 path gets
the FS all 3 prizes )

4th - Better prizes. The insane amount of logistics necessary to
score well or even complete a FA is not adequately compensated with
prizes.

5th - just like event specific prizes, there should be FA specific
prizes possible to aquire. plus ppl won't be getting a jillion of 1 prize
like from events , because multiples aren't offered. So this becomes a
great environment for "Set" bldgs. Mainly ones with smaller pieces.
More 1x1, 1x2/2x1, or 2x2s

and 6th : make the Pit selectable using weighted # of goods....
there's 3 goods need'd, make a dropdown to select ANY badge,
then using a weighted system it will adjust for # need'd. We can't have
ppl making the 3 shortest production runs, and only those 3 for the pit.
(5 blacksmiths might be equal to 20 brewery badges)

Cons : Mainly for developers, but FAs right now are brain-dead excercise.

Pros : Fellowships will need to rely on teamwork if they want the top ranks.
rather than how many big players with tons of resources, they have.....
Players will feel like the time outlay is adequately compensated by
worthwhile prizes. The Developers can even ( sneakily ) add in those
dumb pay walls, they like so much....

As a newer player to Elvenar ( 1 yr ), after 2 FAs, I never ever wanted to
do them again.... And with way too many Evolve Events, that are always
followed by a FA, there's way too many boring dumb FAs each year.

Something needs to be done to spice up FAs so that more players
want to play in them, and they arent just same 'ole same 'ole every time.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@BrinDarby I agree with a LOT of your suggestions. I like the idea of rewards being more tied to the "distribution" of the players contributing and of making each path in each stages worth something so if you do it you get better rewards (and ranking?) than if you don't. Right now we never do about 12 waypoints in Stage 3 because it's cheaper in the pit. So by adding value to doing those you get a better and more distributed play.

I do like a small reward for each player contributing to a waypoint. The problem is, of course, that in stage 1 some of the waypoints take so little only one or two players would get anything from them. Thus, rewards wouldn't be as distributed among players and there may be some arguments over players wanting to put something on a waypoint but others beating them too it. But that, of course, just means the fellowship has to be better organized and plan who does what with more detail. They could raise the amounts in the opening stage, of course, but that would make it a lot harder for very small fellowships to do.

In any case I think your suggestions pretty darn good overall and would support some of them completely.

Good job, in my opinion!

AJ

BrinDarby

@ajqtrz ,
I think you misunderstood me somehow.....

the players don't get the bonus points, the FS does .... and yes in Stage 1 a WP might only need 5+5+5
badges.... In that case, that WP would have a maximum of 15 bonus points available..... Whereas a Stage 3
WP that ask's for 69+25+13 badges would then be capp'd @ +25 bonus points for each member adding
a badge to that WP, and max players a FS can have is 25.

Also as I stated, since currently the goal is to offer 2 artifacts ( 2 best prizes ) to any FS complete'n 3 stages,
then thats why those FSs that are smaller that can only do 1 path per stage, still earn the #1 tier prize.....
Its only those FSs that do all 3 paths, that get xtra swag, but it cannot be = or better than that artifact is....
thats why I said , thats how you then add like a carting library or ferriswheel in .....

What it does do tho , it allow a smaller FS but better organized to compete head/head or beat a bigger
FS that is not so organized ... since we are adding logistics to the mix, and the current outlay of prizes are
not comenserate to effert expended... you have to add other prizes into the mix to make time spent = worthwhile.

a stage 1 WP that needs 5+5+5 for 100 pts, would then have a maximum for ANY ... FS , to earn of 115 pts.
a stage 3 WP that needs 69+32+18 for 500 pts, is worth a maximum of 525 pts. ( to the FS , not the player )

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I like it. Anything to make the FA less brain dead (ESPECIALLY the pit) would be a good thing.

Darielle

By the way, my fellowship offered two options for the upcoming FA: Option 1, one path per map and no pit, just for the prize and nothing else. Option 2, go for score and get into the top 10, like last time. So far I think 17 of 25 have voted, and EVERY SINGLE ONE voted for option 1. That tells you something.

BrinDarby

Sure does @Darielle , and thats my vote too ( in my FS ) just 1 path per ...
The top 20 prizes are more bragging rights placeholders, than actual usefull stuff.
and ever since BlackLotus was a prize in the last post office event, I lost all respect
for Inno, that @least those would be kept " top 20 in FA only " prizes..... so why
anymore should we bust butt to get them ???? grab 2 artifacts, get out.... no stress.

hvariidh gwendrot

the idea of a lil extra on the tricolors and something extra if you blank out a stage has been around since these started .. i'm all for it .. till then it's 1 path to the top of stage 3 and then ignore the pit lol

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
By the way, my fellowship offered two options for the upcoming FA: Option 1, one path per map and no pit, just for the prize and nothing else. Option 2, go for score and get into the top 10, like last time. So far I think 17 of 25 have voted, and EVERY SINGLE ONE voted for option 1. That tells you something.

Yes I suppose it tells you "something".
Not sure what.
I can tell you the majority of my FS would vote for option 2.
We play for the fun of team strategy, most of us couldn't care less about the prizes. Unless we happen to need one or two artifacts.
A few FA ago we had a few members saying they really weren't up for the next FA. Everyone was feeling a bit burned out. So we took a vote and decided we'd play it more laid back. Let everybody relax and re-energize.
We finished top five. Just couldn't help ourselves.
So don't judge every FS by yours, or every player by the few you know.
We all get enjoyment from the game in our own way.

Darielle

Not sure what.
We play for the fun of team strategy, most of us couldn't care less about the prizes. Unless we happen to need one or two artifacts.
A few FA ago we had a few members saying they really weren't up for the next FA. Everyone was feeling a bit burned out. So we took a vote and decided we'd play it more laid back. Let everybody relax and re-energize.
True, and our team does seem to go back and forth. If I'm between chapters and have the room, I do like my shanty town, lol.

Darielle

The top 20 prizes are more bragging rights placeholders, than actual usefull stuff.
and ever since BlackLotus was a prize in the last post office event, I lost all respect
for Inno, that @least those would be kept " top 20 in FA only " prizes..... so why
anymore should we bust butt to get them ???? grab 2 artifacts, get out.... no stress.
And the number one trophy is no better, per square, than the number two trophy, and it's less versatile being bigger, and so dang tall it hides what you want to see behind it. I find that number one FA building downright annoying, but I do keep it for the pop (and yeah, maybe the bragging rights, but those are thin.) I wish they had small, versatile, and not too tall buildings that increasingly got better, PER SQUARE, the higher you went up the totem pole.

ajqtrz

Not sure what.

We have done the same. Now it's 4 for ranking and 2 for just plowing through on one path. We may end up doing 3/3 "every other one for ranking" as they are just too draining of resources to get to the top ten.

We too have experienced "we just can't help ourselves" moments when we were supposed to do it laid back and everybody got excited and away we went. Didn't finish in the top five but I think we were in the top ten.

The thing is, it's team building that we emphasize and that's a great thing to experience. Unfortunately, though, after you've done a few, your team is all nice and tight, and then what's the point? So we will probably, eventually, just get to "3 paths and done" for most FA's.

AJ

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The thing is, it's team building that we emphasize and that's a great thing to experience. Unfortunately, though, after you've done a few, your team is all nice and tight, and then what's the point?

Ours will be interesting this time
Due to various circumstances we have 3 or 4 people who joined since the last FA.

hvariidh gwendrot

hey someone has to get the top 20, if that's what folks want to do then go for it .. i still would like to see the tricolor waypoints give a lil something and if they did do a blank out all the dots rewards per stage, that would be nice too and would increase participation from a lot of fellowships .. on ceravyn i got rid of all the 2nd and 3rd place trophies, as i was trophy hunting pre RR enchantments, but it's nice having a 1st place trophy showing just as a been there done that lol

hvariidh gwendrot

without better rewards no one is going to want to manage those badges .. incentive needs to be done first, a motivator for people do participate more, as is there is not any incentive to do anything extra, except for those that just want to trophy and that leaves out just about everyone else

ajqtrz

without better rewards no one is going to want to manage those badges .. incentive needs to be done first, a motivator for people do participate more, as is there is not any incentive to do anything extra, except for those that just want to trophy and that leaves out just about everyone else

Or the positive advertising when you recruit and you can say you finish in the "top X" (3, 10, 20?).

AJ

DeletedUser26654

Sooooo.... beta's been finished for over a week. Where's the release of the newest FA? It WAS happening the next week after each indy event, now, not even announced? Sigh..... all this just for an evo in each of 2 cities/worlds.

hvariidh gwendrot

i was responding to the thread about fellowship adventures not recruiting, but same applies, not many if any will do more than justa get to the top of stage 3 till they make them worth doing, if they want to recruit off that they are all about the trophies go for it, all good by me

DeletedUser26654

i was responding to the thread about fellowship adventures not recruiting, but same applies, not many if any will do more than justa get to the top of stage 3 till they make them worth doing, if they want to recruit off that they are all about the trophies go for it, all good by me
I wouldn't even do FAs if I didn't need the last one or two evos on an item from the week before. All it really is is a way to replenish your inventories...

larbby

As many are saying on here, the FA has a serious problem with the prizes. Compare what you get from the FA to the spire or tournament. For more effort than both combined since we have to clean up the city, build 50 to 100 WS and some MFG as well, keep on top of everything, track the badges... So much effort for such puny rewards; it's no wonder only the people who want to do it for the fun would.

My FS asks that everyone puts in 1 badge per path, we only do 1 path per map.

Bottom line, we finish 19 chest and do the spire, those rewards are worth it (well, almost, the 19 chest part is also kind of light, that one we do for the fun). The FA would have to give something comparable x 3 or 4 to make it worth taking the city apart. If not, I would vote to eliminate the FA all together or at least allow people to opt out so the quests don't even show up.

Oh yeah, I'm reminded by @spambrando, since the FA gives an extra artifact for the previous event building some people may want to do it. The last event I did in full was the bear buildings. Every event seems to offer a building that would be a loss of space in my city offering plenty of the stuff I don't need and none of what I do need. Guess the events need some rethinking too, I don't do those either, just save the tickets for when the daily prize is interesting.

Last edited: