• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

fellowship chat box

Aritra

I apologize if this has already been discussed. I didn't find anything when I did quick search...

I would really like to see the fellowship chat boxes be oriented the same way between mobile and desktop.
The conversation flows the opposite way from the other. It takes a moment (for me) to get oriented, to see what's new, which way the convo is going. I find it disorienting, which is annoying. It sounds unimportant, maybe, but it seriously irks me (that's the clean version) and I would be quite surprised if this sentiment was uncommon. I think I prefer the desktop order with the newest at the bottom, but in the end, I don't care as long as they go the same direction. Any reason why this is a big deal to address?

Last edited:

NightshadeCS

I am not an expert, but from what I surmised the last time they made changes to the chat, Inno uses a third-party provider, at least on PC. They may not have the capability to change it without getting an entirely different chat platform.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
It is very common to use a third party and, NightshadeCS may be right. But it can be requested and hopefully, changed. I too would prefer the same direction and have noticed this. So it gets my vote.

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It is very common to use a third party
I wonder how that conversation went for the chat...

"Hello, we'd like to hire you to incorporate a chat box into our game"
-"No problem, what features would you like to have?"
"None."
-"You sure? Things like separate tabs and whisper functionality are really basic and have been around since the 90s..."
"Nah."
-"Emojis, links, anything?"
"Humph. Fine. Add a link to wonders, pm, and let people visit from chat"
"Great, we'll get those added in right away!"
"No no no no no, let's hold off on those for a few years at least."
"Oh...ok. So we'll put it together in a later release so that mobile users have those too."
"Who?"

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Of course it could be:

We'd like to implement some changes in our chat system. Make them more alike.

Really? What do you have in mind?

Well, we'd like both our mobile and our PC versions to scroll in the same direction. Right now one goes up, the other down.

Well, that should be pretty easy to do. We can just check the box in either the mobile or the PC version that that says, "reverse direction." Anything else you need? Which would you like? Up or down?

How about having both scroll up?

Got it. I reversed the Mobile version so new posts are at the bottom and it scrolls up. Anything else?

No, that will be all. Thanks.

You're welcome!

But I'm betting more on Soggy's version.

AJ