• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

fellowship chat censorship

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I remember once on a different game getting blanked out for writing, "My pen is out of ink." I was chatting with someone and copying down the recipe she was telling me about, but had to go get another pen. When I came back, I noticed that the second and third word were blanked out. Ridiculous.

Zoof

I bet it was someone who tried to regex the problem away, and was immediately reassigned once that came to light.

To quote some guy whose identity is probably in dispute:
Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use a regular expression." Now they have two problems.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I tried to ask why chat was censoring my fellow's name all of a sudden on the EN forum once and my post was deleted for "inciting others to break the game rules", which meant I never got an answer. :rolleyes: Her username didn’t look offensive and was just a reference to an anime. But curiously, whatever is censored this week could be uncensored next week so I don’t get the point of censoring with a moving target. One day, we can call her fine in chat and the next day, she is all **** out. A week later, we can talk about her again. Or maybe I enjoy repeating questions that were never answered because I am encouraging others to break the rules, like everyone else on this thread.;)

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The chat censor system is very basic. Sometimes certain word or word combos are added because players are very creative in HOW they spell their offensive posts. When we see it reported a lot we are forced to add this creativity to the ban list. This is also why you might have trouble using the word Trumpet in chat, for instance.