• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship contributions and making the game good for all?

EarthbornIcarus

Hi @EarthbornIcarus. I checked your city in Winyandor if this is indeed the city that you're talking about and the FS and I don't see any plank manufactories iin your city or a Cranky the First in the FS or in the list of player names -- the closest was a lord cranky. Those aside, I would say the FS has poor communication if they expelled you without notice. You might want to contact @Elmoonween of the fellowship Festal which trains new players to prepare them for bigger fellowships.
Oh....my City is called Icaria, in Arendyll.....
The one in Winyandor is an experiment on how to build a city...(is that ok?) in an alternate way. I probably should just use graph paper...lol

EarthbornIcarus

I found her on Arendyll and the fellowship, she has planks and the fellowships archmage is cranky the first. Not sure why they would do that to you @EarthbornIcarus , but best to look forward and find a fellowship that has better communication with there fellows.

Thank you...will do.

Humans!!(can't live with 'em, can't kick 'em off the planet)
My Elven sensitivity has me sad over this.

I visit and Help every City within range every day, (Ive unlocked about 23 so far!!) and help every member of fellowship EVERY day. I have only been playing for 2 weeks, and everything is new. I think I'm a great asset, even if new. I'm trying to build a culturally gorgeous city. I have 13 Wood manufacturies, 3 steel, 10 marble....many workshops and residences from 3-7.

I HATE not having a clue! I am a very friendly player, and very supportive, was starting to make friends with the other members....had so much fun.

now I'm just sad elf face.

EarthbornIcarus

yep, its totally fine, but ratherthan graph paper, try
www.elvenarchitect.com
Thank you, that is very very cool that someone made that.
I wish the "blocks" were visually the actual items, but it seems great for managing the overall area.

BTW- I need a fellowship asap....if you can refer me to any that want good members.
errrr.......I have learned enough to know that I won't be accepting fellowships into groups that have only a couple of members- I'm shooting for Harvard! I also would like one that helps and will tell me if I am doing something against any rule or agreement that I am not aware of.
Thanks so much

DeletedUser2912

EarthbornIcarus, my FS on Arendyll is very new-player friendly and we have an opening or two if you'd like to apply. Check out Mirkwood, I'm the Archmage. I can't log on right now, but as soon as I can I'll help you out.

Morgaine

DeletedUser1901

@EarthbornIcarus - I am saddened that this happened to you! It is not normal but you do need to keep in mind that along with online gaming comes a multitude of personalities, some real and some not so real, some players have communication challenges and shortsightedness... things will happen that will throw you off balance but you have to brush it off and keep going and keep in mind that these people do not effect you in anyway unless you allow them to.

If my fellowship wasn't full I would take you! I know you will find a great group to join though :D Happy building!

ekarat

There are all sorts of reasons why something like that could have happened. Perhaps they did message you on a thread that you left -- in which case, you wouldn't see their message. Perhaps not.

I would give it time to sort itself out, and you can always join a different Fellowship.

EarthbornIcarus

Ok, Thanks you to everyone... UPDATE:

1. I was invited into a fantastic new FS, and am very happy with them. They are so helpful, and lots of fun chat.
2. The FS that booted me reached out, apologized, and made things right, and re-invited me (apparently it was all a mistake based on a perceived yet non-existent wrong). However, I had already accepted my new FS. Actually, several really nice FS' invited me, so I appreciate the great community- and all the support!! It's my first online game, and I am very happy I found it, I'm having a lot of fun playing!

EarthbornIcarus

EarthbornIcarus, my FS on Arendyll is very new-player friendly and we have an opening or two if you'd like to apply. Check out Mirkwood, I'm the Archmage. I can't log on right now, but as soon as I can I'll help you out.

Morgaine
Thank you so much...I had already accepted into VinVidiVici. Wouldn't it be cool if Fellowships could form links with other Fellowships? lol

EarthbornIcarus

There are all sorts of reasons why something like that could have happened. Perhaps they did message you on a thread that you left -- in which case, you wouldn't see their message. Perhaps not.

I would give it time to sort itself out, and you can always join a different Fellowship.
Well, I'm really new, so IDK but, the chat window for the fellowship completely disappeared after I was booted. There is just a message saying that you need to join a fellowship. So, I was unable to ask through the chat window what had just happened. I did send email to the archmage, and he did get back to me the next day. He did do an investigation, and they found that one member just lost his cool and booted me over something I never did but was thought to have done: made a trade that was too far in my favor,( from another member who wanted to help me get through the silk challenge when I had no silk capability yet. )
It all worked out and the player was gracious and apologized...which dissolved any hurt I had over it, so...onward! The Mountain Halls are waiting!

BizDani

Hi...I have a (probably) Dumb Newbie Question:

Can someone explain. Is it normal to get no info, communication, clues, warning , if you are new and still don't know all the ins & outs?
It seems weird and mysterious and did not feel good, and has pretty much stopped my game play.
Thank you....

I have only been a member of fellowships in three worlds (and have stayed with each one), but can tell you none of our fellowships would behave in such a manner. We have had to expel inactive members or members that refused to follow the rules, but NEVER without discussion with the 'offending' player giving them every opportunity to change.

Sorry you had a bad experience with that fellowship. I am certain you will find a better one to join. Best of luck and have a great day!

BizDani