• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship drama

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Actually, that is pretty much how my first fs operated. And it worked quite well.
We rotated through the list. People got their AWs filled.
I understand how it works, you'd just have to be crazy lucky for it to be fair.
If you aren't tracking how many KP anyone gets or gives at all, then the chances are really high that someone is getting more than they give.

Personally I would feel really guilty if I got more than I gave, so I would have to track at least my own KP to make sure I wasn't ripping anyone off.
Also If I got my wonder upgraded, and wasn't techlocked I'd feel like I had to contribute despite it being bad timing.

DeletedUser4955

I understand how it works, you'd just have to be crazy lucky for it to be fair.
If you aren't tracking how many KP anyone gets or gives at all, then the chances are really high that someone is getting more than they give.

Personally I would feel really guilty if I got more than I gave, so I would have to track at least my own KP to make sure I wasn't ripping anyone off.
Also If I got my wonder upgraded, and wasn't techlocked I'd feel like I had to contribute despite it being bad timing.
We do the rotating too, but we assign each person 3 days to get KP for their wonders....if we fill one we move on to another wonder in that person's city....everyone has gotten an upgrade each time so far. So we use time to make it more fair. If someone has only 1 wonder they can temper their own giving to keep it fair for them.

DeletedUser4955

Seriously??? o_O Is your "former" AM on a monstrous power trip, or what??? That's ridiculous, and now I'm taking pleasure in the fact that they will get one chest less...Sheesh!!!;)
I got in trouble because I send get well wishes to a FS member who was having surgery. Our archmage had previously posted a message about her health that I didn't see and she saw it as being horrible to her and showing favoritism. So she kick me out. This was just one of many examples of crazy....she tried to control how much we used the chat, the kind of game advice we gave, and she was constantly misinterpreting our intentions. It was, literally, drama everyday with her.

It got bad because another player added me back in (which was not a good idea on our part) and she when ballistic and kicked out a few more people. More people left cause we were the main players and we started our own fellowship.

She kept messaging us even after we left and we had to have her messages block and even reported a few of her messages. We have been lucky so far that are group is great, we love to play and have a good time

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I got in trouble because I send get well wishes to a FS member who was having surgery. Our archmage had previously posted a message about her health that I didn't see and she saw it as being horrible to her and showing favoritism. So she kick me out. This was just one of many examples of crazy....she tried to control how much we used the chat, the kind of game advice we gave, and she was constantly misinterpreting our intentions. It was, literally, drama everyday with her.

It got bad because another player added me back in (which was not a good idea on our part) and she when ballistic and kicked out a few more people. More people left cause we were the main players and we started our own fellowship.

She kept messaging us even after we left and we had to have her messages block and even reported a few of her messages. We have been lucky so far that are group is great, we love to play and have a good time

There is no fixing things when the drama comes from the top.

I was AM of an fs, there were a couple people driving me nuts I knew there was a good chance of me becoming the drama, so I left.
Of course as a parting shot I put AM on a guy who thought he knew everything.
I was happy to hear that he was totally befuddled and AM ended up going to the person I had considered my second.

Last edited:

Sun Country

Hey, who doesn't like a bit of good drama? Let the drama queens/kings entertain, and just sit back and enjoy the show!

dikke ikke

In the FS where I am in, we have to 'circular' mails going round and round. 1 for 5 kp and for 10kp, you just answer to the mail by telling to what person you gave 5 or 10 kp, and then the next person will answer that he/she gave 5/10 kp to you and so on. People that do not give a lot, will also not get a lot, so to me it looks fair, my AW's get filled so I am happy, and I can get some extra KP's on top if I gave a lot :)

DeletedUser2959

I just send out a message when an AW gets close if there are prizes open. Other people in my FS do the swap, I prefer not to.

DeletedUser7919

That's a relief. It's always good to find out the one Fellowship that has the right idea so we can be sure that everyone else is wrong.

I'm not trying to tear down any other fellowship when I speak about my current fellowship. I'm also not saying anything is wrong with how others do it. I'm saying that coming from a fellowship that did not utilize KP donation in a great way . . . finding a fellowship that, in my opinion, excels about upgrading member AWs is a breath of fresh air. I feel they have the right idea and I'm very comfortable and supportive of how it's done. I'm quite certain we aren't the only fellowship who does it this way. It feels right to me and the other members.

The Unbeliever

What I'm loving the most right now in my new K-world fellowship, is that I'm actually getting more than a dozen at best 'gold handshakes', AND, more than 6-7 or so people participate in the weekly tournaments!
(thanks again for bringing me into the fold Soggy!:D)

It's definitely a lot more fun when everyone participates.

Eventually, I'll be able to take a better role in AW building and such, but until I get a couple of my own, I have no problems throwing my kp's into my Fellows' AW's... It can earn me rewards (including more runeshards!), and IMHO, shows some good will & teamwork, as even though I currently don't have an AW, by staying active & helping those who do, it'll mean that when it eventually comes my time, no one will feel like they're just dragging along an 'anchor member'.
Same deal for the weekly tournaments... While my troops & goods are limited as I'm beginning to make the transition & planning to move into Dwarfs chapter, at least doing the 1st province as much as possible still earns more tourney pts for those members who do have that boosted relic each week. ;)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Eventually, I'll be able to take a better role in AW building and such, but until I get a couple of my own, I have no problems throwing my kp's into my Fellows' AW's... It can earn me rewards (including more runeshards!)
Another advantage of the spreadsheet:D Every KP you donate before getting wonders of your own is still recorded, so when you do build one it's pretty much guaranteed to come up next(and probably next again) until your balance goes down.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
What I'm loving the most right now in my new K-world fellowship, is that I'm actually getting more than a dozen at best 'gold handshakes', AND, more than 6-7 or so people participate in the weekly tournaments!
(thanks again for bringing me into the fold Soggy!:D)

It's definitely a lot more fun when everyone participates.

Eventually, I'll be able to take a better role in AW building and such, but until I get a couple of my own, I have no problems throwing my kp's into my Fellows' AW's... It can earn me rewards (including more runeshards!), and IMHO, shows some good will & teamwork, as even though I currently don't have an AW, by staying active & helping those who do, it'll mean that when it eventually comes my time, no one will feel like they're just dragging along an 'anchor member'.
Same deal for the weekly tournaments... While my troops & goods are limited as I'm beginning to make the transition & planning to move into Dwarfs chapter, at least doing the 1st province as much as possible still earns more tourney pts for those members who do have that boosted relic each week. ;)

I'm surprised you are almost at dwarves and don't have an AW yet.

The Unbeliever

mucksterme: I'm waiting until I get all my possible Ch5 expansions down AND figure out my overall layout I'll need for the guest race buildings before clogging up my city with pretty AW's.

Also, most of the AW's only really come into their own once you're well into Dwarfs and much further beyond...
Just compare the basic Golden Abyss; until you reach 7k pop, it's hot, flaming garbage that's only wasting space. But once you hit 9k+ working pop AND get it going from Lv7 and on, it's border-line game-breaking for such a small footprint!

I've learned that unlike in FoE where placing Great Buildings as early as possible is best, (especially the god-tier GB's like Chateaux Frontenac, Alcatraz & Arc), in Elvener, it's the exact opposite since ALL ancient wonder power is %-based to your overall working pop/culture/province/etc... totals. ;)

DeletedUser7370

Just compare the basic Golden Abyss
And some residences. Assuming the end of chapter 2 (using elves) = L7 2x3 425/h, allowing max culture bonus makes 723/h*3=361/sq/3hr. Now a L1 GA also at the end of Ch2 = MH9 G Cap 1.2M * .75% = 9000/3hr makes 1500/sq/3hr. That means the L1 GA is 4.15 times as efficient at coin generation as the residences and it actually takes 4 houses to produce the same coins per hour. The population that the GA gives is a bonus.

Feel free to run the math for the end of each chapter, but I bet a GA built right at the end of chapter 2 will not still be L1 by chapter 6.

Risen Malchiah

I love how the fellowship drama thread has become an example of the kind of drama typically seen in a fellowship. Debates about how/when to place/upgrade AWs has lots of differing opinions.

Before the changes, I found the GA and Needles to be great. After the changes, I'm no longer a fan of Needles and the GA took some time to get going. Now that I'm in Orcs, the GA has become quite valuable. @TedGrau I wouldn't advise anyone in chapter 2 to build the GA unless they happen to have extra space available. And then I wouldn't advise leveling it until possibly getting tech-locked in Dwarves or later.

DeletedUser7370

@Risen Malchiah, math is not drama. Math is calm, cold, and hard. I can make the case to build every AW as soon as possible except for Thrones of High Men, because ranking points are useless in the game and culture can more readily be obtained elsewhere.

So I would recommend building a Golden Abyss right away. The math that says it generates coins faster than residences, so long as the main hall is maintained at max level, is solid. I would recommend building a Tome of Secrets right away too, because 1 free KP per day is valuable; in my case it is now worth 600,000 coins because that is what 1 knowledge point costs me. More coins earlier means more KP bought and faster progress through chapters. I would recommend building an Endless Excavation as soon as possible because it generates as many supplies per day as 2 max level workshops for most people.

The military specific AWs are a matter of play style and may or may not be worth the amount of space they require. Crystal Lighthouse is only good if you make the effort to help all your neighbors everyday or want culture for helps. Most of the later AWs don't need special justification because space is no longer such a premium commodity in later chapters; it is still important, but it is easier to spare.

Risen Malchiah

My argument against the Golden Abyss still stands. The math that says it's better than a residence only works if you collect every 3 hrs, when for many players life, school, work or family gets in the way. For them, residences with 12-15+ hr collection times will be more efficient. And honestly, most people build it for the population rather than the coins. Coins have never been a problem for me other than where I spend my excess.

My argument against AWs in general early on is because they distract the player who should be putting KP into the tech tree.