• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Etiquette

DeletedUser1132

I am new to the forums but not necessarily to the game. I have been a member of a fellowship for a while now but the members, although active in the game mostly, don't chat at all. I like to be part of fellowships that are active in chat as well as the game. Although, I'm not sure if that is something that even happens in this game. Is it a social faux pas to seek another fellowship that is a little more active in chat an in game? I don't wanna be rude. I'm also not a do or die kinda player, I like a relaxed feel.

DeletedUser61

Look at the Fellowship Profiles and make some inquiries. Folks switch fellowship all the time, and especially so when they've realized that their current fellowship isn't a particularly good fit for their preferred playing style.

DeletedUser907

Dear Elvenar,
Please if u can put up for me the information so I can find my fellowship in here for people to join.
I am not at home so do not have it saved.
Am going to change the name and need some good members, :)
Zushy

DeletedUser61

Folks can readily search for names, in-game, by clicking on the Global Rank number in their profile that's in the upper left of their screen. You'll get a roster that defaults to the city that you're currently viewing. You can then enter a name in the search box, to locate a particular player.
  • Left Click on their Name to visit their city
  • Left Click on their Fellowship to get their Fellowship Profile, then click on Members to get a similar list.
BEFORE you apply to any Fellowship, you owe yourself a look at their Fellowship Description and a visit to several of their cities. As a minimum you'll be more comfortable, once you join, because you'll "recognize" some of the names, and you may actually find a good fit for your preferred playing style.

DeletedUser43

I am new to the forums but not necessarily to the game. I have been a member of a fellowship for a while now but the members, although active in the game mostly, don't chat at all. I like to be part of fellowships that are active in chat as well as the game. Although, I'm not sure if that is something that even happens in this game. Is it a social faux pas to seek another fellowship that is a little more active in chat an in game? I don't wanna be rude. I'm also not a do or die kinda player, I like a relaxed feel.

Absolutely there is nothing wrong with finding a fellowship that fits your style. Some are full of chatters, others not. The game is a lot more fun if you have the right "fit". Try to find a fellowship with a bunch of players that are very active. Those are the ones that tend to chat a lot. :)

AliWainscott

I have been bounced twice now. I have no idea what I did wrong, but when asked to join another one I asked that they let me know if I do anything wrong before they just dump me. lol If I get bounced again I will just stop playing. Lots of friendly games out there.

DeletedUser1161

I have been bounced twice now. I have no idea what I did wrong, but when asked to join another one I asked that they let me know if I do anything wrong before they just dump me. lol If I get bounced again I will just stop playing. Lots of friendly games out there.
Are you playing regularly? Fellowships can't afford to carry inactive players because there are only 25 slots. If your city isn't growing, or you never help fellows or trade, they are probably removing you for inactivity. If you go on vacation it's a good idea to let your Archmage know.

DeletedUser

Oh yeah, there are chatty fellowships (or chatty Archmages, in my case, and my fellows indulge me at times). Good luck if you haven't found one yet.

DeletedUser

for sure, not rude. My suggestion is simply be open with your leaders about the fact that you are wanting to find an FS that you feel you fit in with a bit better, and also send an FS-wide email before you go, thanking everybody for their help, friendship, visits, trades etc...that you've had fun gaming with them but simply want to find an FS that you feel fits you a little better.
Good folks will be understanding and you will have left on good terms. I still chat with some members of former fellowships.

Also, as i think others above have suggested-do some "research" and before you join, ask the Mage/archmage etc how active the chat is. :)

i suggest not to up and quit without a word, however, you have every right to maximize your gaming experience-this definitely includes an FS that feels like home! :) good luck!