• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship info

Sutsar

Just looking for an explanation of what a fellowship will do for me and what I do for the fellowship. I am a casual player. I am currently just building up my city as I play other games. I don't want to burden a fellowship that is seriously competing in anything in this game. If that fits and fellowships, please message me or post here I guess.

I am in

Arendyll playing as Elves. Also I can't seem to turn off the Bold face font.​

Thanks, Sutsar. Suts will do as well.

I also see that this is in the wrong forum. Please move it if possible.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
A fellowship activates tournaments and fellowship adventures. Tourneys are the best source of relics, runes, and KPs. Fellowship Adventures are a good source of finishing out artifacts of recent evolve buildings from events. Spire, although accessible if you play by yourself, is most rewarding when done with a fellowship and best source of free diamonds. The most important aspect of a fellowship is probably extending your trading network by up to another 24 players without fees. It’s pretty critical early game for regular goods, but sentient goods on are traded server wide so is less critical.

When in a well fitting fellowship, you get to play with like minded players all working towards the same goal. You make new friends and learn about random cultures in between some really slow collections of late chapters. There is a lot of camaraderie and teamwork. When in a poor fitting fellowship, you feel like you are with people playing a different game. If you are a casual player in a competitive fellowship, it feels really stressful meeting expectations. If you are a competitive player in a casual fellowship, it feels like you’re hanging out with a bunch of slackers, moochers, and/or deadwood. If you are an Archmage running a fellowship, it can be really rewarding rallying 25 very different people to somehow work together to get the same goal accomplished OR it can feel like total drama babysitting man-babies.

In short: your mileage may vary.

Flashfyre

I'll take a shot at answering these 2 questions without going into too much detail:
1. What will a Fellowship do for me? - In short, a Fellowship will expand your ability to acquire rewards for events, Spire and Tourney participation. You'll get more time instants, AWKP instants, blueprints and enchantment spells from being in a FS than doing it on your own. Your Ancient Wonders will be leveled faster than on your own, as every FS has some sort of AWKP donation scheme to assist members with this. Fellowships are a great source of info about chapters you haven't entered yet, because there will probably be a few members who have already been through them and can give tips on what to do and what not to do when you get there.
2. What can I do for a Fellowship? - your contribution to events such as Fellowship Adventures, the weekly Spire and Tourney, and to daily Neighborhood visits will help everyone win more rewards. Also, you will be able to trade with FS members regardless of where in the world they reside (not just your discovered neighbors), and they will be more likely to help you with unbalanced trades to boost your inventory levels.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Fellowships help you by:
  • Help and assistance
    • extra neighbour visits from fellowship members
    • additional trading partners - this can be very beneficial depending on the fellowship mix and activeness
    • Support - some fellowships gift resources to new members this can be good or bad depending on the fellowship, the bad is if they fail to teach you how to play without receiving gifts.
    • Advice - usually there are players who are further along in the game and can give advice regarding future aspects of the game or advice/tips for your current chapter
    • AW levelling assistance - numerous approaches which will vary by fellowship
  • Unlock more game features
    • Tournaments - main rewards are relics and kp. Is also spells and some rare items like royal restorations and blueprints
    • Spire - main rewards are crafting materials, diamonds and time instants. Artifacts for evolving buildings are also available and change every 6 weeks or so.
    • Fellowship adventures - rewards vary, often has a artifacts or set pieces for main prizes from recent events
  • Access to fellowship perks
    • Free kp to share with others
    • longer lasting help within fellowship
    • other perks help with the game features spire and tournament
Fellowships also provide an opportunity to chat with other people (might be good or bad depending on your viewpoint)

What you bring to a fellowship is:
  • A new member - activity level doesn't matter there are a huge range of fellowship that cater to the super active, super competitive to the casual to the lone player (single players who never visit or talk and just do their own thing but benefit from trades and game features). It is very common for fellowships to have a spare spot, even more active fellowships, having someone in the fellowship is better than a blank spot.
  • visits
  • additional trading partner
  • extra participation in game features as these are group based activities
  • Someone to chat with (maybe)
  • extra KP (if you use the free kp perk assuming they have levelled it)
Some fellowships will have requirements on certain things so just read the overview and see if you think it will fit you. Depending on how casual you feel you are messaging the archmage to talk about rules and their fellowship is a good idea. If you are very casual find one with minimal or no rules (often these will be auto join, but not always). A more active fellowship will provide significantly more benefit to your town, you just need one that suits your play style.

Ariel Greensleeves

Don't hesitate to join a FS bc you think you don't have enough to offer at low level. You can always ask and if they don't think you can make their quotas (if they have any), or if they are not willing to help and teach you, they will just turn you down.
Don't hesitate to leave a FS if you feel the leadership is not "leading" in a positive way, or if other members are being anything other than 100% supportive. There are many to choose from, and some are just plain toxic. Don't wait around if you don't feel welcomed and comfortable with the chat/messages.
Speaking from personal experience, obviously

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Most of us also didn’t find the right FS fit on the first try so don’t be discouraged. Others are still staying in fellowships they’ve probably long outgrew. Others still are in dead fellowships where nobody is even active, and yet some intentionally chose to play in a fellowship of one for the solitude. There is no correct way to play, just your personal preference.

Personally, I am a big fan of teamwork and a functional fellowship. I know I can play well on my own so FS adds new challenges. Getting 25 people in different time zones and sometimes different countries to all work together is very hard! And even if you are a “good” player, there is always new things to learn or sometimes head scratch about how/why someone else does something. But mainly, different people bring interesting topics of discussion to the water cooler. You can talk about the murderous intentions of bread and someone else will talk about gluten free markers for their children. I also have a very skewed understanding of Australian history now from the Aussie contingency in my group. All nothing to do with the game, but makes the game worth playing IMO.

Yogi Dave

There are several advanced players who are in a fellowship of one and love to play that way. It is always an option. That allows them to play in the tourneys, which is worth the individual rewards you will get. It doesn't help that much with the spire or Fellowship Adventures. For myself, I definitely prefer being in a Fellowship.