• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship issues trying to promote/demote members and rename FS

ihcuwuns

Game version: __ v1.170.2-(470f336) - html5 (2023-03-02 11:31)
Game world: __ Felyndral
Browser + version: __ Google Chrome Version 110.0.5481.180 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Operating System: __ Windows 10
Screen resolution: __ 1920 x 1080
Account name: __ ihcuwuns
Humans or Elves: __ elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
__ When trying to promote or demote a member get error "Sorry an internal error has occurred. Please try again later." Game relaunches.
__ When modifying FS name and try to apply it get error "Sorry an internal error has occurred. Please try again later." Game relaunches.

Expected situation:
__ option to change rank of member
__ successful editing of fellowship name/info.

Reproduction Steps
__ Go to to fellowship icon
2. __ Click on member name
3. __ change rank
4. __ In fellowship overview click edit
5. __ make changes, press apply

Last edited by a moderator:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
OP posted the issue was resolved, that's why I opened this topic.
I'm guessing here, so could be wrong:
I don't think the issue is really resolved. The original thread is still labeled 'Reported'. The typical progression is Reported - Confirmed - Fixed. The last 'Confirmed' bug was reported over a year ago and is still not 'Fixed'.
That confirmed bug is several threads down on the first page of the Bug forum. At times it has been said to be a display only issue but that's been disputed after serious testing. The latest 'official' word is the Bug report for it is still open. Whatever that means, it doesn't mean 'Fixed' as that thread title doesn't occur until much further down the list. Over the years, I've seen some odd bugs around here that come and go. They impact some markets/players/worlds and not others at times. Then, it clears up for some players and appears for others...oops, sorry? I also saw a recent post here (in discussion section, but didn't seem to have anything to do with the thread topic) that I suspect may be something else related to this FS player administration issue/bug.
That doesn't help you or the player in the discussion thread, I know and I feel for you both. Communication with their customers is not Inno's strong suit. They do fine with prepared presentations or controlled Q & A's. You'd think they were protecting state secrets sometimes if a customer tries to get specific answers to specific concerns. Part of that may be cultural: what they perceive as 'pushy' Americans.
We American customers as a group have an expectation of open and ongoing communication from companies we do business with regarding product defects, resolution efforts/progress, and expected timelines. Personally, I don't think that's being pushy, but I'm a part of American culture, so ? I also know that, as a group, we give great leeway to companies who are transparent when mistakes/defects occur and openly communicate their resolution(s) and future plans to prevent similar mistakes.
All I'm sure of with this company (and possibly many more that develop and deliver digital content)? That customers are an abstract concept to be appeased as a group through tried and true PR and social media tactics. Successful appeasement is measured by algorithms. Individual customers are certainly not considered regarding product defects or development. Direct and unscripted interaction with individual customers or a group of those customers is probably discouraged if not outright prohibited. That's not a national or ethnic culture thing, it's a company culture thing and it's a shame. The company is the real loser in that environment.

>>>steps off soapbox and slinks away<<<