• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship listing option

modac

To help players searching for a fellowship, I suggest the addition of a "Not full" check box in the Rankings window / Fellowships tab. When a player chooses "Application only" or "Join directly" from the dropdown box, a "Not full" check box could further filter the list to include only fellowships with less than 25 members.

Alternately, each fellowship could have an "Active recruiting" option along with their "Join directly", "Applications only", or "Closed" options. Then include a recruiting icon along with their fellowship name in the ranking list.

Either of the above would be a great help to players searching for a fellowship.

modac

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I know of several fellowships that are at the max of 25, but are still recruiting because they do not want to kick out the dead weight until they have someone to replace them. This seems to be most common with top fellowships who probably do not want to drop in the rankings by losing the points those inactive players are giving them.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Either of the above would be a great help to players searching for a fellowship.
I agree the game is severely lacking in tools both for players trying to find a FS and for FS's trying to recruit players and I'd love to see some in-game tools added that address that deficiency. Many players have been asking for such tools for years.
That said, I'm not sure how useful a filter would be. I'm guessing you're on mobile and can't see a list of FS's like we can on browser, so you can't see how huge this issue is. I checked Elcysandir and there are 4816 FS's listed there. There are thousands that have 5 or less members.
Some are 'solo' players who don't want to play in a group, but want access to Tournaments and Fellowship Adventures so they form an FS of just themselves.
Many are players who quit the game years ago. If they had checked a box for 'Active Recruiting' at the time they quit, that box would probably still be checked and they'd show up in the search results. Even if the existing 'dead' FS were eliminated from future searches because they don't check the 'Active Recruiting' box, there are many players who start playing and form a FS and quit the game soon after that. The results returned would soon be too cluttered with these to be very useful.
Since it appears we'll be waiting awhile for the game to add more useful recruiting tools, there are some other places you can look for a FS:
The very bottom of these forums is a section by world with a place for players with cities in that world to post if they're looking for an FS and a place for FS's in that world to post if they're looking for players.
Platinum Leaf is a public Facebook group for Elvenar players and they have a Fellowships Seeking Members section.
There is a player-maintained site: ElvenStats where you can look up any FS to gather some info about it before joining. You can tell if it's active (players listed will have a black triangle next to their name if they appear to no longer be active in the game) as well as gives you info on the boosted goods of the current members and an idea of which boosted goods would be a good fit for them.
My personal recommendation: Try to find a group with players in a variety of chapters. While it's tempting to stick with a group of folks who are close to your level in the game, it's really hard to help each other when you're all facing the same challenges.

Gath Of Baal

You would think that a game that is focused on trying to get people to join fellowships would have a better system by now :p

I'm still a firm believer That the developers should fix the game chat system to include 4 tabs to switch between, Global Chat, Neighbor Chat, Fellowship Chat and Fellowship Recruitment. The fellowship recruitment tab would allow you to see who is actively recruiting and give a person a chance to live chat to find out more info, instead of playing the in game mail tag

hvariidh gwendrot

there are fellowships at every level on all worlds with multiple inactive members in them .. elvenstats.com is great to look for those still playing in the inactive or mostly so fellowships, but new players don't know about it to use before they wind up in one, as the archmages who hoard dead cities for appearance wont tell them

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
there are fellowships at every level on all worlds with multiple inactive members in them .. elvenstats.com is great to look for those still playing in the inactive or mostly so fellowships, but new players don't know about it to use before they wind up in one, as the archmages who hoard dead cities for appearance wont tell them
Wow!!
I am in one such Fellowship. We have good players. Some of our fellows have abandoned their cities and some play irregularly. But we are not 'hoarding' them. Our Archmage keeps specific cities for lessons in city development - among the dead - and they would all go if room were needed.
We have offered a merger in the past - no luck, folks seem to misunderstand that we are willing to accept new active players in place of the dead, to join us. We have no interest in leaving behind our casuals to join total strangers as the new kids on the street.
We work much harder than FSs twice our score, with far more active daily players than we do have, and we're proud to be that group.
Hmph. Hoarding.

hvariidh gwendrot

this is off topic but hahaha wow 16 dead cities in that fellowship what are you trying to teach at this point ? how not to play a game ?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Tcha. They are not all dead, some are, some are casual. I am sure the listing feature could be used to express a true value of how many we are hoping to cycle out.
We do teach a few at a time, how to make the most out of what we have. It's a good atmosphere, no drama. There is more than one way to play the game, and I have full fellowships that could also benefit from the filter, in a different way.

Palavyn

In order to merge two fellowships, members of one of them need to leave and go join the other. The problem seems to be no one ever wants to leave their current FS to join the other one.