• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship participation in tournaments

DeletedUser1161

The tournaments are a great new feature, but many of us have found ourselves playing solo because active cities on the map are so sparse. I'd like to propose fellowship participation in tournaments.

I have only a few provinces where I'm not alone, and I can't get very far on the checkpoints solo. That makes the tournaments quite expensive because I'm not getting the extra rewards that were designed into them. My suggestion is that once you open tournament provinces around your city, your fellows can visit you on the world map and fight in your open tournament provinces.

There would need to be some balancing of fighting/catering costs since they are currently based on map distance. I would suggest paralleling the map costs. The first fellowship members' province I visit would have the same cost as my first map province, the second would be equal to my second map province, and so forth. The map should stay the same, so that players who do have active neighbors could opt for neighborhood play instead.

This would provide the collaborative play the tournaments were intended to encourage. If fellows coordinated efforts, they could choose a few provinces to focus on and open checkpoints.

DeletedUser626

My suggestion is that once you open tournament provinces around your city, your fellows can visit you on the world map and fight in your open tournament provinces.

There would need to be some balancing of fighting/catering costs since they are currently based on map distance. I would suggest paralleling the map costs. The first fellowship members' province I visit would have the same cost as my first map province, the second would be equal to my second map province, and so forth..

that sounds like some fun, for those of us with very few active neighbors. this idea of helping fellowship members on their tournament map would be a help in completing tournament checkpoints.

I wonder how the developers are planning to go about getting more active cities together on the world map.

This sure would help the active fellowships

with the chat tool in fellowship, could be helpful to organize checkpoint cater/battle with the tournament province timer countdowns.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3595

I am in agreement with some way of being able to move further than checkpoint 2. I play in all 5 worlds, and only once had anyone else participate.

In one of my provinces, I have over 70 mines and 10 "neighbors", but they are too far anyway to participate.

Is there anyway to allow a person to have a second smaller fellowship with the purpose of tournament play? Or open up the tournament provinces so we can find one somewhere on our discovered map to play with other people?

It would be nice to be able to take advantage of the built in rewards for multiple people playing, or find a way to build in those rewards for solo players.

DeletedUser61

At the moment the total participation rewards are actually trivial, and I suspect that they will remain so until the developers are able to Move isolated cities toward the center of the map. At the moments the playing field is very uneven.

In FoE the very similar Guild Expeditions provide a bit of a boost for the Guild, and there's a list of how the other members in the Guild did this week, but there's not actually any interaction between the players.

Maz Mellor

This is a terrific idea. I have some active neighbors in both Aren and Win, but I hardly ever see any of them participating in tournaments. I think I would get more excited about the tournaments myself if I knew I would be playing with my fellows.

DeletedUser684

I think a separate event designed for fellowships would be better than changing the Tournament rules. Keep tournaments as a neighborhood event.

I think tournaments are great, by the way. I encourage everyone to do them, especially if they have that particular boost.