• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Progression Feature

mikeledo

I apologize if this has been answered before. Let us assume that one day we will get all of the spots filled. If we wanted to do this using the least about of perk points would it be best to always take the lowest offered or will it work out the same no matter how we build them?

emira

I'm still confused about the perks. If we don't use the perk points to the spire or tourney, will we still be able to accrue more, or is there a cap? (Like, could we not use any for weeks and then have a lot to use for a 10 chest push?)

mikeledo

I'm still confused about the perks. If we don't use the perk points to the spire or tourney, will we still be able to accrue more, or is there a cap? (Like, could we not use any for weeks and then have a lot to use for a 10 chest push?)
There is a cap based on your level. If you are level 1 tourny your cap is 2500 points you can use. Yes, you can build on that tournament level to increase your cap and then use the points on a push week or anytime before that as long as you have the points stored to complete the next level chest.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
They hide the amount you have banked for archive perks in the green + button and made it so unintuitive! It adds to confusion as well as encouraging people who may not know what they’re doing to click around aimlessly, and probably accidentally activate a perk (at least they had the foresight to give us a free reset each month). Hence, I’m trying to propose they fix the darn user interface for the Perks system in the Ideas and Suggestions forum. Put that information where it’s easier to see!

TriciaTrekkie

Help!!! I just took over as an FS AM and I really need a perks 'mentor'. I am reading everything I can to figure out some of the specifics and I am still very confused. Any Arches out there willing to school an old newbie??? ;)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Help!!! I just took over as an FS AM and I really need a perks 'mentor'. I am reading everything I can to figure out some of the specifics and I am still very confused. Any Arches out there willing to school an old newbie??? ;)
Ask away

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

If you want help with Spire Perks, you can check out the Spire Scrollkeepers section in the upper part of the forum. If you want general help with perks, then I think Muffy is handling that in the "General Gaming" Scroll section.

One thing to remember that I was confused about at first ... only the excess points will count toward your next week's points. For example, say you reach a circle in the spire. The excess points above that circle will count towards the next week's spire points. But if you hit the next higher circle, then you won't have any excess points for next week. Only the excess above each circle will count.

Say you have 100 perk points saved and you need 50 perk points to get to froggie in the spire. You spend those perk points and get to froggie. You now have 50 perk points left. If others get points in after that ... say 10 more points, then you will have 60 points going into next week. If they reach all the way to the next circle but do not go higher than that, then you'll have 50 points going into next week. I hope that makes sense.

It works in a similar way with the tourney points. Only the excess counts towards your next week's perk points.

TriciaTrekkie

Thanks guys. I think I have figured out how actually using and earning the perk points works but I am very confused on how we know how to use the fellowship Experience points in relation to resetting and dividing them between the options. I know that is vague also. It is so hard to even describe the actual question. Let me try by describing what I am trying to do.

I was just asked to take over as AM. We currently show 243k on the fellowship experience points and we have 7 KP, 9 tourney, 4 spire, 1 advanced help (so, we have a HUGE possible cap on tourney points and almost always get 10 chests already and don't need any help... but spire we only have 200 max points and almost always make it a little over silver now but we already have all 200 points we can get). I know the fs had been focused more on tourney then Spire but now we get 10 chests weekly without the need for the perk points and get to silver each week also. So, I think we need to rebalance between our tourney and spire points so we can look to including a Gold Spire push at some point in the future.

What I don't really get most is the fellowship experience points. Is this how many we have to distribute between the perk options? If so, why would there be 243K when this fs has a much, much smaller number then some of my other fs's with lower fellowship experience points but more points spread between the perks. It is looking to me like maybe we should be able to increase the perk point maxes if the 243k are the points we have available to add but I am extremely confused.

Pheryll

Set Designer
What I don't really get most is the fellowship experience points. Is this how many we have to distribute between the perk options? If so, why would there be 243K when this fs has a much, much smaller number then some of my other fs's with lower fellowship experience points but more points spread between the perks. It is looking to me like maybe we should be able to increase the perk point maxes if the 243k are the points we have available to add but I am extremely confused.

Your 243k is likely the points you have received beyond the levels you have allocated. If you reset your points you will have a lot more points to play with for releveling.

TriciaTrekkie

Your 243k is likely the points you have received beyond the levels you have allocated. If you reset your points you will have a lot more points to play with for releveling.
ok, so in order to add anymore points you DO Have to do a full reset? If that point bank is available to add points to perks, we can use that without doing a full reset?

TriciaTrekkie

ok, I went ahead and did the 'reset all' so I could try to better understand. NOW I think I have it there. It looks like the 243K is what is left over when all the available points were spent to get each perk point in each category. The numbers at the bottom of each perk points are indicating how many fellowship experience points it will take to 'buy' another perk point in each category. SO, if I am correct here then I can not buy another perk point in Spire until we have 650k.... Does that sound correct?

If so, then my next confirmation is in relation to the 'cap' on Spire and Tourney. We have enough perk points to have a 'pot/cap' of 200 points on Spire. We already have 200/200 filled and we still go a little past silver each week on our own in Spire. If I understand correctly, we are currently LOSING any of the points we gain when we go past the Silver/laboratory mark because we have already filled out pot to the max limit? Is this correct also? The only way we will be able to save any of those points beyond our ending make (which is always silver for us) is to reset all points and take away from one of the other perks and increase the 'pot/max' amount we can save in our Spire..... Do I have it figured out correctly?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
ok, I went ahead and did the 'reset all' so I could try to better understand. NOW I think I have it there. It looks like the 243K is what is left over when all the available points were spent to get each perk point in each category. The numbers at the bottom of each perk points are indicating how many fellowship experience points it will take to 'buy' another perk point in each category. SO, if I am correct here then I can not buy another perk point in Spire until we have 650k.... Does that sound correct?

If so, then my next confirmation is in relation to the 'cap' on Spire and Tourney. We have enough perk points to have a 'pot/cap' of 200 points on Spire. We already have 200/200 filled and we still go a little past silver each week on our own in Spire. If I understand correctly, we are currently LOSING any of the points we gain when we go past the Silver/laboratory mark because we have already filled out pot to the max limit? Is this correct also? The only way we will be able to save any of those points beyond our ending make (which is always silver for us) is to reset all points and take away from one of the other perks and increase the 'pot/max' amount we can save in our Spire..... Do I have it figured out correctly?
Remember that you can only reset the perk points once per month (I believe it's once a month ... unless they changed it again. Anyone else have more current info?) if you want to do it more often, it will cost diamonds. So always have a plan on what you're going to do before you reset the points. That way you won't waste your free reset.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Experience Points are collected, from visiting your fellows, and delivered on the spot; and from each Tournament chest or Spire crystal earned, delivered at the end of each event. It is also possible to earn these points from a top 100 finish in Fellowship Adventures. The Archmage can reset them once per month, after that it's 1000 diamonds.

 Perks are earned by spending Experience Points. A mage or archmage can spend them. Each point gets more expensive as you go along. Yes, if your Archive is full then points earned beyond the next crystal or chest, is wasted.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Your fellowship level is the sum of all your perk levels +1. (This number is displayed above the perk selection).

The cost to level up a perk one level is: 25000 times your current fellowship level + 25000 times your current perk level for the perk you are upgrading.

Yogi Dave

Yes. If you wish more spire perks, when you reset, take that to a higher level then 4. Each spire level adds 50 to the cap. It sounds like you could lower your Tourney perk when you do the reset. Any archived points you have won't disappear. You can still use them. Your cap will be lower, so until you use enough archived points to take you below the cap, all points over the cap will not be archived. Go on and use some of the tourney perk points to get another chest. level 7 allows 17,500 to be archived. Probably can easily get another chest then start building up archived points to get one in a week or so, depending on what level you set it to.

Remember, only one reset per month and that starts on a calendar month. So, if you do a reset on the last day of the month, you can do a free reset on the first day of the next month.

@hoopity created a perk calculator which allows you to play around with setting different perk combinations. Unfortunately, I've lost the link to it. Maybe someone has it.