• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowships and new players

Iyapo1

I don't think you are seeing the bigger picture, a lot of FSs are going to shun new and smaller cities because of the one and done Moonstone Library set. First the set kills scrolls boosted players now it's going to kill all new and smaller cities. New and smaller cities are going to be forced into casual FSs because other FSs won't even look twice at them which means more dead cities that don't spend money.
I know that there are plenty of highly ranked FSs that will not take smaller cities. Most of them have the courtesy to put point or chapter requirements in their overviews. So this is a thing.

What I am missing is why you think the lack of a moonstone set would ever play into it.

Yes having many sets will make it easier for those players to make this badge but new players can make a respectable number without the set.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Any player willing to put in the time to design a city that can complete 2 spire floors every week with 1600 tournament points can get into a top 10 FS, perhaps even a top 5 depending on the server.
The moonstone set is totally irrelevant to most FS goals which are the spire and the tournament and for a very select few, the FA.

Kekune

As the AM of one such fellowship, I can confirm that the lack of a Moonstone library complex has never once been a reason to turn down any city, of any size. In fact, our reaction is the reverse of this. "Whoooo we got an applicant who makes crystal. Oh, shoot. He's replaced half of his t2 factories with moonstone libraries. Ugh, more scrolls."

CrusaderMichael

What soggy said.

I was in a top 20 FS when i was maybe 7K... only cuz they saw i was active. I'm sure i could have found a higher up FS if i wanted to.

Any FS that would keep me out over a stupid moonstone thing is a FS i want nothing to do with anyway haha.

They should keep me out for good reasons like... "ugh, this is the dude who yells at everyone who's inactive while he only places 1 badge down in an FA... GET LOST !!!"

Dew Spinner

Any player willing to put in the time to design a city that can complete 2 spire floors every week with 1600 tournament points can get into a top 10 FS, perhaps even a top 5 depending on the server.
The moonstone set is totally irrelevant to most FS goals which are the spire and the tournament and for a very select few, the FA.
This is absolutely not true, I kill tourney for my city size (3,500+) and spire ( all 3 floors) every week since I unlocked it and have been turned down repeatedly because of my city size. In an ideal world this would be true but in reality it is not. There is 1 top 10 FS that is always full so haven't tried that one but 1 out of 10 doesn't make the rule.

Dew Spinner

I know that there are plenty of highly ranked FSs that will not take smaller cities. Most of them have the courtesy to put point or chapter requirements in their overviews. So this is a thing.

What I am missing is why you think the lack of a moonstone set would ever play into it.

Yes having many sets will make it easier for those players to make this badge but new players can make a respectable number without the set.
I have already answered this, if the FS is interested in doing well in the FA and a player is extremely limited in how many of the limiting badges they can make then the FS would obviously want a player that isn't as limited. If there are 2 cities with all things the same but one can only get 1 Moonstone set and the other has 5 Moonstone sets, the one with 5 sets can obviously produce many more VV badges and therefore be much more appealing to the FS.

Dew Spinner

As the AM of one such fellowship, I can confirm that the lack of a Moonstone library complex has never once been a reason to turn down any city, of any size. In fact, our reaction is the reverse of this. "Whoooo we got an applicant who makes crystal. Oh, shoot. He's replaced half of his t2 factories with moonstone libraries. Ugh, more scrolls."
This change to only 1 Moonstone set just started.

Dew Spinner

What soggy said.

I was in a top 20 FS when i was maybe 7K... only cuz they saw i was active. I'm sure i could have found a higher up FS if i wanted to.

Any FS that would keep me out over a stupid moonstone thing is a FS i want nothing to do with anyway haha.

They should keep me out for good reasons like... "ugh, this is the dude who yells at everyone who's inactive while he only places 1 badge down in an FA... GET LOST !!!"
Mark my words, this will become a thing for FSs that are interested in playing hard in FA. Make a list of the top 10 FA FSs from the leaderboard and keep an eye on the players in those FSs and how many Moonstone sets EACH player has. They may have a player or two now with only one set but those will be weeded out for players with multiple sets and going further they will only consider players with multiple sets. It's the only way to stay in the top 10, outside of spending real money which I assume some are doing anyways. You can not make enough CCs from running your MA 24/7 and going to the top of Spire weekly to craft 2 or 3 recipes per rotation consistently for a week and this doesn't even include how many Spell Fragments it would take. You can not Time Boost recipes you can not make because of a lack of resources needed to make them in the first place.

Dew Spinner

A member of my FS just told me a story about a previous FS he was in where 1 player couldn't preform as usual in tourney for 1 WEEK because his mother was sick and he had to take care of her.....BOOTED! I don't need to be schooled on competitive FSs.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
A member of my FS just told me a story about a previous FS he was in where 1 player couldn't preform as usual in tourney for 1 WEEK because his mother was sick and he had to take care of her.....BOOTED! I don't need to be schooled on competitive FSs.

There's a name for that type of FS and it isn't competitive. And really, I have to wonder if your guy had the whole story.

Mark my words, this will become a thing for FSs that are interested in playing hard in FA. Make a list of the top 10 FA FSs from the leaderboard and keep an eye on the players in those FSs and how many Moonstone sets EACH player has. They may have a player or two now with only one set but those will be weeded out for players with multiple sets and going further they will only consider players with multiple sets. It's the only way to stay in the top 10, outside of spending real money which I assume some are doing anyways. You can not make enough CCs from running your MA 24/7 and going to the top of Spire weekly to craft 2 or 3 recipes per rotation consistently for a week and this doesn't even include how many Spell Fragments it would take. You can not Time Boost recipes you can not make because of a lack of resources needed to make them in the first place.

I'm in an FS that is always top five in FA and no one ever talks about the moonstone as some sort of qualifier.

Dew Spinner

There's a name for that type of FS and it isn't competitive. And really, I have to wonder if your guy had the whole story.

I'm in an FS that is always top five in FA and no one ever talks about the moonstone as some sort of qualifier.
This change just happened, top FA FSs with players that have 1 Moonstone set always assumed they would get more, the one and done will change their strategy. As soon as 1 top FS that is competitive in FA adopts this strategy the rest will soon follow to remain competitive, monkey see, monkey do.

Kekune

This change to only 1 Moonstone set just started.
I understand. My point was simply that we don't require (or even want) them for folks who join us, so limiting them doesn't affect anybody's chances in applying with us. I agree with you that a group that focuses heavily on the FA will see them as an advantage, but it doesn't sound like that's your target. It sounds like you want a group that does spire and tournament. There are plenty of groups that focus on tourney and spire but not the FA.

Make a list of the top 10 FA FSs from the leaderboard and keep an eye on the players in those FSs and how many Moonstone sets EACH player has.
In the new format, a group doesn't have to go all-in on the FA to do well in it, and there are even groups who finish in the top 10 of the FA who don't require intense participation in it. My fellowship finished 4th and 5th in the last two and is 8th(ish?) now but we don't require anything particular for FAs. Some folks do have lots of sets, but several avoid them like the plague. It's 100% their personal choice; there's never been a fellowship "suggestion" or request that people use them, except for discussions about how to maximize the connections for mana plants.

Competitive and "being a jerk" are not the same thing. There are high-performance but also supportive groups out there.

Dew Spinner

I understand. My point was simply that we don't require (or even want) them for folks who join us, so limiting them doesn't affect anybody's chances in applying with us. I agree with you that a group that focuses heavily on the FA will see them as an advantage, but it doesn't sound like that's your target. It sounds like you want a group that does spire and tournament. There are plenty of groups that focus on tourney and spire but not the FA.

In the new format, a group doesn't have to go all-in on the FA to do well in it, and there are even groups who finish in the top 10 of the FA who don't require intense participation in it. My fellowship finished 4th and 5th in the last two and is 8th(ish?) now but we don't require anything particular for FAs. Some folks do have lots of sets, but several avoid them like the plague. It's 100% their personal choice; there's never been a fellowship "suggestion" or request that people use them, except for discussions about how to maximize the connections for mana plants.

Competitive and "being a jerk" are not the same thing. There are high-performance but also supportive groups out there.
My target is everything, I don't limit myself. Your FS will be the exception to the rule soon for the reason I posted above. You need to think outside of your own game and your own FS.

Kekune

You need to think outside of your own game and your own FS.
I'm not sure that's the problem here. You are making a sweeping statement, and I'm providing a counterpoint. Generally, I do that from my own experience and try to avoid presuming I can speak for everyone.

I see two people (including Muck) on this thread who are in exactly the type of group you're seeking. Both of us say our group doesn't operate the way you fear, yet you persist in saying this:
Mark my words, this will become a thing
Sounds to me like you're the one who isn't thinking beyond your own experience.

Dew Spinner

I'm not sure that's the problem here. You are making a sweeping statement, and I'm providing a counterpoint. Generally, I do that from my own experience and try to avoid presuming I can speak for everyone.

I see two people (including Muck) on this thread who are in exactly the type of group you're seeking. Both of us say our group doesn't operate the way you fear, yet you persist in saying this:

Sounds to me like you're the one who isn't thinking beyond your own experience.
Human nature is human nature. With the absence of PVP players will always find ways to be hyper competitive. Look at Shayma1, 19 armories, 999 AW levels. Both you and Muck are not factoring in the new change to one and done Moonstone set, you are relying on the old system to base you analysis. I have 4 Moonstone sets, I am already thinking outside of my own game. We will see in a short period of time if I am correct or not, keep an eye on the top FA FSs and how many of their players have multiple sets and watch how many 1 set players are in top FA FSs, the proof will be in the pudding. If I am wrong, I have no problem admitting to that but I don't think I am going to be wrong, again human nature is human nature.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

keep an eye on the top FA FSs
Define this please. 5 ARs per player per day would net a number 1 spot on most US servers. You dont need even 1 moonstone set to do 5 ARs per day for 5 days.
Edit: typo 5ARs per day for 6 days.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

Define this please. 5 ARs per player per day would net a number 1 spot on most US servers. You dont need even 1 moonstone set to do 5 ARs per day for 5 days.
Yes, you do and the FA is more than 5 days. How many CCs do you think you can get from the Spire and 24/7 MA? It surely is not enough for 5 ARs per day for the entire length of the FA! And you are definitely not getting enough Spell Fragments from the Spire alone for this! You eventually run out of things to disenchant, if you are using that avenue to supplement Spell Fragments.

Last edited: