• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowships having more ranking status

DeletedUser9340

We are going to end up with all members being Mages and that can get a bit messy. More ranks to to advance up will very nice. It isn't hard, have a look at Marine Corp ranks. I say one of the finest(blowing our horn there).
Pretty Pretty Please with lots of sugar and the works!

Thank you

DeletedUser

I agree with you, (or look at the Army's ranking :cool:) there should be a couple of Mages, maybe 3 ambassadors and the rest fellows. Too many cooks in the kitchen is drama waiting to happen.

DeletedUser12171

Given that all extra functions that come with rank pertains FS administration, I'm not sure why you cannot simply limit the promotions to Mage and/or Ambassador in your FS to those who are involved in helping to run the FS in some capacity or other

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Rank is often given in response to either Responsibility or Reward. If you have nothing but rank to give for reward then you end up with all Mages, I think. I prefer responsibility as the criteria but inherited one based on rewards, I believe. So through attrition I've brought the number of mages down to 5 (aiming for 3), but that gives me no ability to give rewards for jobs well done...other than my own personal expressed gratitude.

I do think a wise and well thought out responsibility list for each mage or ambassador is going to help once I get the levels back down, but we'll see.

AJ

DeletedUser8946

Personally, I'm content with the four there are. You shouldn't have to bribe your members with Magedom for them to participate in tournaments and Fellowship Adventures. Most people are Fellows. The great ones that are productive, do well in tournaments and take up trades become Ambassadors. The couple who are exceptionally helpful, greet the new recruits and are great motivators get Magedom. If you're low on recruits, tell everyone to look for new recruits and send Archmage the names. If anyone finds good recruits, and the recruit joins, the guy/gal who found him gets to be an Ambassador so s/he invites others as they please.

Laochra

I have kept the leadership roles in my fellowships to 3 Mages & 5 Ambassadors. When given, it is based on level of participation & helpfulness. If there is more than one that I am considering, then seniority is the tie-breaker. One Mage is designated as my 'second'--they cover for me if I have to be away. Another Mage posts the FS stats from ElvenStats & the Tourney tips from GoK each week. The 3rd Mage helps, when the other two can not. In 3 of my FS, one Mage is also the statistician--tracks all the numbers for the FS & all the Mages & Ambassadors help with giving advice, encouragement & give me a head's up if they find a potential recruit. There are several members that are in multiple FS with me, so they know the routine. :)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Of course, people change, but they also tend to feel, "once a Mage, always a Mage!" and you are on thin ice if you try to demote them.

AJ