• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Festive May Tree

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Thanks for the responses everyone, lots of food for thought. Might build another workshop, as they are all at max, or almost, just need more population for the last level on two. Then limp by until I can build prosperity towers, I’m just at the end of dwarves right now. Who knows, might need to add EE also, as I churn out troops endlessly.
If you are at the end of Dwarves I would build EE. You are about to unlock the Dwarven Bulwalk AW. DB changes EVERTHING in regard to troop training. It will greatly increase your training time for all of your military buildings. In fact, once you build DB and level it a few times you can pretty train troops non-stop.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yes, I have Power of Provisions. Use them when I can remember to active just before morning pick-up. I’ve read EE is not necessarily worth the KP that you put in.
Basically, the EE is better than any workshop that doesn't have a PoP spell on it.

Some players do enough in the tournament/magic academy to always have a PoP up on all workshops when collecting, and for them, the EE is not worth the space that could be used for another workshop.
If you use a PoP on 1 workshop less than around 75% of the time, then that workshop should be replaced by the EE.

Ultimately it's not a huge difference for most players, and PoP are much easier to get than they used to be so if you want to spend KP elsewhere it's not a bad call.

Deleted User - 3932582

...and PoP are much easier to get than they used to be...
If you want volume, it's the opposite actually. Here is my inventory over time, can you guess what the inflection point is?
1610906076274.png

The reason being is that previously you'd go all the way down 1*, picking up a ton of PoP from each 10+ province. Now, you don't go as far, and you don't get similar amounts from other tournament stages.

SoggyShorts

If you want volume, it's the opposite actually. Here is my inventory over time, can you guess what the inflection point is?
View attachment 8977

The reason being is that previously you'd go all the way down 1*, picking up a ton of PoP from each 10+ province. Now, you don't go as far, and you don't get similar amounts from other tournament stages.
True at the higher end, but now for the mid-low range players, the first ~6-10 provinces are a total joke, letting them actually do more than 10 provinces.
Also, the 4 in 1 encounters has probably had a significant impact on players' willingness/time/ability to do the tournament in general.

So the impact of the changes for players who did 30+ at 2 stars is certainly a reduction in PoPs, but for those lower-end players who only did a handful of provinces never reaching past 10, the changes should be positive.

It's not just the tournament that has increased the ease with which new players can get PoPs: now with all of the free diamonds getting a level 5 MA is quite easy.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

True, but now for the mid-low range players the first ~6-10 provinces are a total joke, letting them actually do more than 10 provinces.
Sure, but with that kind of commitment they still won't be able to run all their workshops on PoP 75% of time, would they? ;) The only players who can afford that are those with very few workshops (so high level ones) and hauling quite a few PoPs from tournament. For those players ability to get sufficient PoP volume has decreased.

For everyone else, they were unable to run on PoP before, and they're still unable to run on PoP now.

SoggyShorts

Hmmm... thinking about it more, I don't think very many players do use PoPs enough to replace the EE.

If you figure that you need at least 1 PoP per day per workshop that's what? 40 per week?
Which is 2 stars on 40 provinces plus a 10 chest FS
That's over 2.5K points, so fewer than 1,000 players per tournament.

OK, now I'm back on the side of "EE is a must-have wonder*"
*except for freaks who do 40+ provinces or have fewer than 5 workshops:p

Deleted User - 3932582

Hmmm... thinking about it more, I don't think very many players do use PoPs enough to replace the EE.
Well, this is not that hard to achieve in the last 2-3 chapters (after massive workshop upgrade). E.g. I've been running with 3x Magic Workshops for quite a while (not even max level), and will probably drop down to 2x C17 MWs. And then I even have 1-2 days where I don't need to juice workshops with PoPs. So that's less than 20 PoPs/week, you don't need to do 40+ provinces for that (I don't).

SoggyShorts

Well, this is not that hard to achieve in the last 2-3 chapters
Yeah, I'm dropping to 4 now in chapter 16 as well, I could probably do 3 if I was logging into each city more than twice a day.
There's a whole lotta chapters between unlocking the EE and getting to this point though.

edeba

If you figure that you need at least 1 PoP per day per workshop that's what? 40 per week?
Which is 2 stars on 40 provinces plus a 10 chest FS
That's over 2.5K points, so fewer than 1,000 players per tournament.

OK, now I'm back on the side of "EE is a must-have wonder*"
*except for freaks who do 40+ provinces or have fewer than 5 workshops:p
Sold mine.

TalimSwift

if you are in early chapters, raise the Tome of Secrets to like 11 ASAP. This applies to early chapters only, later ones might find its not as attractive anymore, due to longer scouting times. The tome gives you instant supplies when you scout a province, and when you have scouting times less than 12 hours, you can use it 2x per day. Also gives 3kp at that level. not bad.
A ToS level 11 is probably superior to EE at same level. The scout will give about the same supplies but EE only gives an extra relic (3 extras at 11 per province completed, soon an almost very useless ability except for quest completions, and even that can be done without EE easily)
The ToS remains quite relevant if your scouting times are not too much above 24 hours. I'm in Elementals, and sending a scout gives me 396k supplies (note: my main hall is still at previous chapter level). I kept my scouting tight with chapter requirements, so i get to send one every 25 hours or so, basically, one per day.
EE at 11 would give me about 200k supplies only. So i kept that one at level 1 and i will probably trash it pretty soon, once i get some magic workshops in there to solve my supplies problems.

Last thing.: you gotta flip the quests for as many bonuses you can. Making 3-hr productions with 2x level 1 workshops and collect 200k gold gives you more supplies (13k bonus) than maxed workshops (max at your level) for the same 3hr run or even 9-hr runs. Drawback: you're gonna hit that stupid decline button quite a lot

Deleted User - 3932582

Yeah, I'm dropping to 4 now in chapter 16 as well, I could probably do 3 if I was logging into each city more than twice a day.
There's a whole lotta chapters between unlocking the EE and getting to this point though.
Which brings EE into the realm of AWs that are only useful for a period of time - just like ToS. So for those AWs - assuming you know what you're doing - you'll need to make a call as to whether KP investment is worth the help you're going to get for a limited time (several chapters). Or you're better off investing those KPs into something else that will have a more lasting effect.

I would generally go for a short term pain with the long term gain, so if I'd be starting today I'd probably skip both ToS and EE. Well, maybe put these at L1 only, can still be a good deal. But no additional KPs deployed there. Might be a different story if we could recover KPs after destroying AWs.

SoggyShorts

You'd think with how they made it that people are deleting AW, the fair thing to do is give back the KP.
But how then would you give back all of the things that the wonder gave you in the [years] that you had it before deleting it?