• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fewer events and FAs

DeletedUser3362

There is no time to enjoy Elvenar anymore. There is always a special event, an FA, or on occasion something good in spire. This leads to burnout. Some like the current and the last prize from the special events, but they are paltry compared to those offered as recently as last year. If the object is to keep newer and intermediate players interested the game, this is a failure. If it is to keep top players from leaving the game, same result. Consider better prizes (more diamonds, a completed province)... something better than a bunch of scrolls for someone who needs mana or seeds. What do we think? Fewer yet better events, or the same old, same old? Better events for me!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
100% disagree on the "Fewer" part. The events, FA, and spire are the most interesting part of the game for many these days.
They can certainly be improved, there's always room for that, but "Better" events are entirely subjective.
E.G. The Misty Forest event was a fun little minigame that required players to actually engage with the event and make intelligent decisions and the nearly overwhelming response was "Ew! I hate it, I want to zombie click the 3 chests"

Edit: Re-reading your post I'm not actually clear on what you're asking for. The title says Fewer events, but the message seems to be a complaint about the rewards, and not the events themselves. So would the current frequency be OK if the prizes were "better"?

BQwer

the misty forest event was the best event it was the first event i ever played and it spoiled me i thought that all events were that fun. this one is boring me. i really liked the map and not knowing what was there. it was like the three chests just spread out over a map. i also liked the winter owl one with the three types of power-ups. this one is just boring.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Agree I wouldn't want fewer events/activities. I certainly would not want Spire/tourneys to alternate; I need fewer military boost bldgs and pet food by having them active at the same time.
Also agree it would be wonderful if they gave better rewards and that FA's really need better rewards to make them worthwhile. Universal artifact fragments at all waypoints would be a really nice addition and make it worthwhile to do more than one path/stage just to get the meager (but often needed at least by some FS members) rewards available now. Ranking rewards are a joke, imo.
I also preferred the Misty Forest event. I had not played a similar event, so I 'wasted' a lot of event currency in the beginning learning the best strategy, but it was way better than mindlessly clicking chests. And even with that original 'waste' I still managed one lvl 10 and one lvl 4 Witch Hut in both cities, so it was worth it to learn the strategy.
I'm not interested in any of the bldgs for the current event; so I'm just not putting much energy into it. I'm spending more time working on my city goals. But, if the structure was like that of the Misty Forest, I'd be engaged a whole lot more even if I didn't care about the rewards, lol. I just like stuff that challenges me in new ways.

DeletedUser27842

Honestly, I would like to see the spire and tournaments alternate rather than overlap. I don’t mind the events at all but I can’t stand the FA’s because they are a huge amount of work compared to the rewards.

Fellowship adventures are not hard work if all the FS takes part and communicates with threads for each badge.

I am happy with the frequency of events and really happy with spire and tournament once a week. I can choose whether I want to play or not and that is fine.

shimmerfly

If the object is to keep newer and intermediate players interested the game, this is a failure. If it is to keep top players from leaving the game, same result.

You always have the option of not participating in FA, tournament, or Spire so I can't agree with this. ( unless the FS your in requires them)
Yes the rewards stink but when I started I was thrilled to get even the smallest stuff.
Boredom comes easy in this game unless you have a lot of patience so something to do is nice if you choose to.
Different/better rewards would be welcomed always.

Last edited:

Elf Emma

Fellowship adventures are not hard work if all the FS takes part and communicates with threads for each badge.

I am sure there are some that enjoy this aspect of the game.

I don’t like having to rearrange my city and put my personal game in a holding pattern in order to participate in a FA. And yes my fellowship does well in them but all of us agree that the effort involved exceeds the value of the rewards.

You and your fellowship can certainly draw different conclusions and have different opinions. :)

NightshadeCS

I think you may want to start a discussion in your FS about doing one path each screen and done. So many groups have done this, and even the one FS I am in that used to have fun aiming for a top 20 finish gave that up 3-4 FAs ago, since the effort is just not worth it, even if some of us have fun and feel a genuine boost in camaraderie.

I also would be opposed to fewer events, etc. One can always choose not to participate and can easily find fellowships that conform with one's own philosophy of how to play the game.

I understand the frustration, though, of not really wanting to rearrange and stall everything, but then feeling behind if you haven't put that effort into the events offered. It takes some personal reflection to decide what is truly important in your game play and lifestyle.

For me, I decided not to be in a hurry to rush through all the chapters, so it is kind of nice to pause and play the events. It also gives me some time to devote to AW levels, etc.

Yogi Dave

What do we think? Fewer yet better events, or the same old, same old? Better events for me!
This sounds more like a thread for General Discussion. As it is written, I don't really see anything that can actually go to the devs. How would you frame it for them? There needs to be something specific addressed and a specific solution. The part of your post I quoted is asking a question and opinions with no real solution.

... and my opinion is: The variety of events is good. One can always not do all of them. Doing them all or feeling like you have to do them all is a personal choice. We don't need to have them the number reduced, though at times I do think enough is enough. So, I do understand the self pressure to do everything. As for the prizes, that depends on where in the game you are and what you want. Again, pick and choose what you want and need. Skip things that don't meet your needs. If your FS is putting pressure on you, that may not be the correct FS for you. Still a personal choice.

AtaguS

Seems to me Inno has given us enough alternatives to almost any fatigue or boredome scenario. (RR spells, teleports, easy FA badges, xrta artifacts after the end of an event, etc, etc)

A year ago I felt that Inno was cheapening things with dial-it-in artwork and flashy, gamble style events. Then I saw them turn this around pretty quickly and respond to requests from this (and other I'm sure) forums with some real improvements. Seeing this, I'm satisfied.

Point is there are so many ways/tools with which to approach this game that dismantling whole aspects of it to suit one style would be counterproductive at this point.

Alpha Lyrae

I kinda feel the OP. I get tired of the event - FA - event - FA cycle. I enjoy events, but always have a sense of dread for the impending FA. I'm in fellowships that allow for players to contribute to one path only, and still the effort seems excessive for as often as these occur. I appreciate the opportunity for the extra artifacts, but... Ugh. "Ugh" really sums up my feelings on FAs.

I'm with @Enevhar Aldarion ... I miss the mini events!

Elf Emma

... and my opinion is: The variety of events is good. One can always not do all of them. Doing them all or feeling like you have to do them all is a personal choice. We don't need to have them the number reduced, though at times I do think enough is enough. So, I do understand the self pressure to do everything. As for the prizes, that depends on where in the game you are and what you want. Again, pick and choose what you want and need. Skip things that don't meet your needs. If your FS is putting pressure on you, that may not be the correct FS for you. Still a personal choice.
It is not as easy as you make it sound to find a fellowship that has a full roster of active members but only participates in certain areas of the game.

Since all relationships require compromises, the idea of only doing what you want doesn’t really work in a group setting (fellowship). Just my opinion....

Alram

Flippers just flip
It's definitely easy to go onto the people seeking fellowship thread and post your areas of interest.
Lots of fellowships have openings.

Soleil Nightbloom

I’m probably the only one that feels this way but I really like the FA’s for the “team building“ component. My fellowship gets super fired up around the FA‘s and have been really gung-ho to get as far as we can. This last FA was my third ever and we finally made it to the bottomless pit (which I will admit does seem overrated), however the other players loved it. As a result we’ve really bonded and I think with the camaraderie the FA brings can help with the overall aesthetic of the fellowship.

Yes, I do agree the prizes could be better but most of the players in the fellowship are in earlier chapters and this is a good way for them to get prizes they’ve missed out on. Maybe there should be a range of prizes that cater to both beginning and advanced players, along with more challenging levels for advanced players. The players in earlier chapters really need the events and FA so that their interest is kept, otherwise there are going to be more vacant cities than there already is. Most players who are quitting are new players who are confused and feel lost.