• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fewer events and FAs

DeletedUser27842

Landing a spacecraft on Mars is not hard work if the requirements are all well defined and carefully and sensibly decomposed into how all subsystems and the tens of thousands of parts/lines of code perform and interface with each other. The fact is a lot of work has to go into tracking, planning ahead who will work on what, having sufficient margin so if someone's power in Texas goes out for three days who was making all the Statues etc. They take a lot of central planning by someone, and followup reminders and communication to go off well. Try being the lead cat herder for your fellowship's next event. Maybe it is my fellowship, but I am surprised if it far from the norm.

It is your FS and their objectives. I am in 3. We use the messaging system. One path on each map. One thread per badge. We start 2 days before the FS adventure start. All the 2-day and 1-day badges done and dusted as soon as the FS adventure starts. People post what they are making so very few duplicates. And we finish days before the event is due to finish. Quick, efficient and completed.

LutherTheHairy

We use the messaging system. One path on each map. One thread per badge. We start 2 days before the FS adventure start. All the 2-day and 1-day badges done and dusted as soon as the FS adventure starts. People post what they are making so very few duplicates.

We start two days ahead of time too. We pick the path ahead of time, tell everyone and change our banner background to match the path color as a reminder in each stage. Mostly people stick to it, but somehow, no matter how many messages and daily updates we send, some will wander off and burn long production badges. Even if they did not , we don't have the 320 workshops needed to start the FA with 64 blacksmith badges.

Part of the problem is I think only 5 or 6 of us really try hard and the others just sorta pitch in what they happen to have anyway. We end up having to make tons of blacksmith and statue and arcane residue badges up until the last day. Maybe your fellowship has a bunch of later chapter cities with tons teleport spells to make space for popup workshops? MAybeyou just have more dedicated participation?

LisaMV

There is no time to enjoy Elvenar anymore. There is always a special event, an FA, or on occasion something good in spire. This leads to burnout. Some like the current and the last prize from the special events, but they are paltry compared to those offered as recently as last year. If the object is to keep newer and intermediate players interested the game, this is a failure. If it is to keep top players from leaving the game, same result. Consider better prizes (more diamonds, a completed province)... something better than a bunch of scrolls for someone who needs mana or seeds. What do we think? Fewer yet better events, or the same old, same old? Better events for me!
My, this has certainly gone off-course quickly... but I completely agree. For the first time ever I have actually considered quitting the game altogether, and this is due to exactly what you said: there is no breathing room for us to just enjoy being here. I started because the art was breathtaking, everything was so magical and cute, and I do love math/puzzles/strategy. But one must be very careful: there is a very thin line between "challenge" and "stress". The challenges are infinite: guest races, chapter building changes, and the ensuing demands and balance of goods production, population & coins/supplies. All that is constant, and fun. But when one is swamped with interruptions it becomes suffocatingly stressful. [note here: some people think running hurdles is fun - I just think it ruins running, and ruins jumping, lol]
I love the events actually, and since I joined some highly functional fellowships the FA's are even tolerable a bit, but my cities are a disaster and I have no room to move or to play around with design, even after spending all my diamonds on expansions. And with the back to back events/FAs, there is no time to devote to working it out. That of course is the reason I joined, so here is the full circle.

It is not about whether you like this or that, it is the basic foundation of the developers' plan. If they want hyper-players that get bored in a nanosecond and have nothing else going on in their lives, continue on! They can set it up as they wish. But I have felt for a long time that the gorgeous designs, the cute changes in factories, the wonderful AW's = it is all lost if we are speeding by at 90 miles an hour. Let us linger a bit! Let us enjoy the beautiful game you have designed.

AtaguS

But I have felt for a long time that the gorgeous designs, the cute changes in factories, the wonderful AW's = it is all lost if we are speeding by at 90 miles an hour. Let us linger a bit! Let us enjoy the beautiful game you have designed.
I agree the pace can be a deterrent to that peaceful gameplay I remember loving when I first started as well.

But, I just don't know what the fix would be at this point. The tools exist to race through the game if that's what players want to do, so I wouldn't want to take that from them. The option is there to ignore an event or place a single coin badge in a FA...if anyone out there has the self control to resists participation please share your wisdom with me!! Personally I am hoping to stop progressing at the end of chapter 15 for a while, and spend a few months just logging in to beautify my spacious and freely designed city. I'm hoping that will help ease the fatigue that accompanies the pace described in this thread.

P.S. there have been some great suggestions in this forum for ways to let players interact more creatively with their cities...things that don't take time or space but let us personalize our cities and have a bit of creative control. I do think many of these ideas would bring in an element of "lingering and enjoying the beautiful game" which would help ease the stress (even when fun) of keeping up with the challenges presented. I wish Inno would consider these things seriously.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If they want hyper-players that get bored in a nanosecond and have nothing else going on in their lives, continue on!
Setting aside how that comes off as a little judg-ey, I find there is more than enough time to rearrange my city and "play normally" with the current format of events.
With only the slightest bit of preparation, one can reach the locked quests in a few days and after that, the event is effectively over and you can complete the rest of the quests by accident with normal gameplay.
That's just a few days of the event followed by several weeks of nothing.

The FA can be a week of frantic activity IF you choose it, but it is also extremely accommodating to almost any desired schedule: From making logging every day or even every second day for 5 minutes to logging in every 5 minutes for several days, the options are there.

So where does that put us?
Every ~60 days we have an event that requires attention for less than a week and an FA for a few days as well? So ~10%, maybe 15% of the time?

linronhan

does anyone know when next FA is beginning, I know it is in beta but cannot find any info on wen new one starts

The FA is my favorite part that being said anyone have any inside info when the next one starts? Has it started in beta yet ooppps I missed the post right above this one

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Update - Nightguest and I have already talked with the game developers about Event Fatigue and requested a bit more time between each event, so this has already been forwarded on. We've not yet had any feedback, pro or con, at this time.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Update - Nightguest and I have already talked with the game developers about Event Fatigue and requested a bit more time between each event, so this has already been forwarded on. We've not yet had any feedback, pro or con, at this time.
Thank you :)