• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fights - How do I beat this fight?

DeletedUser43

I am only in round 3 of a tournament and I can't beat this fight. I am so SICK of this. I have tried swords, swords and golems, golems only and nothing but defeat defeat defeat. I am in province TWO for cripes sake! I am stuck behind barricades and the priests kill me before I can even get a shot off. When I do get to hit them back, I do very little damage.

I finally used my weakling sorc IIIs and I managed to win, but I lost four and a half squads! Seriously? This is too hard!

upload_2016-11-17_18-20-51.png

DeletedUser1903

I actually won several of those with my sword acrobats & archers...which surprised the heck out of me,lol ;0)
also in this tourn I've used dogs & archers & won with them too...I haven't fought much since the changes, so I'm slowly trying different combos...

DeletedUser43

In round 3 you have won?

Then your swords and archers are a lot stronger than mine or you have superior skills. I just lose lose lose lose lose. In round 3 I am already facing 58 squads to my 48. That is only halfway through the tournament and I am already greatly outnumbered. I am so friggin upset right now.

DeletedUser1903

sorry hun, I just checked, it was only round 2 I won, I started late...only did provs 1-5, round 1, round 2 in provs 1-3...I'll try round 3 tonight...in provs 1-3...if I can't win in such simple/early tourn provs, then I really will never be able to win in the map,sheesh,lol...

ok yes I just won the battle exactly as yours with 3 swords & 2 archers..i have the victory screen still up but don't know how to do a screen shot...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Let me know how it goes. I will try another one with your combo exactly.

upload_2016-11-17_19-7-18.png

Uncle!

DeletedUser1903

how do you do that?/ I've tried doing screenshots & cntrl c & cntrl v but it isn't working,lol ;0(

DeletedUser43

I used the snipping tool. You can't use too big a screen shot, but something that size works. I just open the snipping tool, select what I want to paste here, then go to the edit tab and hit copy and then come here and hit paste.

I was able to win a few of the fights with that combo but with huge losses. And that is only province 2.

Sigh.

DeletedUser1903

ok ignore that, I don't think it worked,lol, sorry ;0)

I kept it up for too long & not when I copy it says game terminated..
I was 48 against 58, my 2 archers are dead & my sword, 1 has 36 left, 1 has 38 left, & the last it still a 48...i'll try another fight & try the pasting your way next fight ;0)

DeletedUser1903

ok just won with 3 swords & 2 dogs against argghhh this copy paste isn't working, sorry, sheesh..idk what I'm doing wrong...
was me 42, them 48, against 1 ranger, 6 wild archersII & 1 abbotII

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I find swords a bit weak although have had some success. I suffered heavy losses in the third round but won a lot too. Fourth round was much harder and negotiated a lot. The cerberus help with the abbots, sometimes archers. Barbs/Swords struggle in high abbot fights. Heavy melee is good for ome fights too.

DeletedUser43

Even with those wins, those losses are too large. Sigh. I'm going to go do something else for a while. This isn't enjoyable.

DeletedUser1903

ok ;0) find something to smile at :p, it will make you feel better :D, thanks again for the snipping tip info, that's spectacular!!! :)

DeletedUser3696

Are you doing those battles on auto or manual elusivelle?

Auto fight seems to be thrashing my troops in round #3. The rewards are too small to manually fight.

DeletedUser1903

manual fighting :eek: does take some time,lol... this is the 1st fighting I've done since all their changes though...still can't win in map, opponents waaay too big...have just been playing around with the new troops & changes to existing ones...

DeletedUser2870

Can't agree more.
I sold 2 of my 4 armories and am considering to sell the 3rd as well, except I need masses of orcs to upgrade the workshops in the woodelves chapter. But as soon as they're maxed out the 3rd one will go too. Producing more troops isn't going to do me any good since they are worthless in the field. The only use I have for them is the tornaments and those don't require as many troops.

I sold the traininggrounds and the mercenarycamp. Fighting is no option and the troops aren't seriously doing anything the other units aren't (except the strikeback of the thornrose mage, but that's not worth the space).
I hate the fact I can't sell or downgrade my barracks since it is a pretty useless building, or at best it now takes up way too much space for what I need from it.
(update: just sold 2 of my workshops since I definitely need less supplies now that I'm not constantly producing units anymore)

I used the freed-up space to put up more factories since I know I have to negotiate all my encounters. I'm seeing squads 4x mine.
Last time I tried to fight, just to see what would happen, my troops were decimated even before I could make my first move! Yeah, right! What use is it even to try? So, no more fights.

And if they start blocking the advance by negotiation fine, I'll just quit completely. And in my dutch FS, about half the players feel the same way.
In my US FS our top player just walked out as well since fighting is no option...put up more blocks and more people will leave there too.

@innogames : it tends to be a good strategy to keep your PRESENT, LONG-TERM clients happy.Chasing away all the players who have invested much time, effort and money in your product is not the way to attract more customers. Nor are the newer ones as likely to invest as much as they did.

DeletedUser1094

I don't bother in fights any more you cannot win now, I am up against more powerful fighters and no matter how many I build it is never enough to win a fights I just use my resources to win battles, this game is so out of wack now with these battle changes.