• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fights - How do I beat this fight?

DeletedUser3087

I found the use of 1 sword and 4 dogs or all dogs worked the best never lost a battle.

DeletedUser594

I was throwing a lot of 5 golem armies out there in my elven city and some 5 sinister cerb (sometimes 4+ 1 paladin or 1 priest). Both armies crushed it but I don't know what level they might hold up to bcs I missed most of the late week.
The sinister cerb are back to killing one hit in some cases but have better defense and longer range. Has to be most improved troop. Soon I unlock Mortar II but I don't expect too much until 3 or better

DeletedUser3696

I found the use of 1 sword and 4 dogs or all dogs worked the best never lost a battle.
Only problem with dogs is that they take 6x longer to train for some reason. It's going to be a while until I can upgrade to lvl 8.

DeletedUser3087

Only problem with dogs is that they take 6x longer to train for some reason. It's going to be a while until I can upgrade to lvl 8.
You didn't say what level training ground you have but a fully upgraded (l8) training ground they are the ones that train the fastest for me.

DeletedUser3696

You didn't say what level training ground you have but a fully upgraded (l8) training ground they are the ones that train the fastest for me.
Mine is level 4 and I'm close to getting the tech in woodelves to get it to 8. That's a big ask for a lot of players who are like 4+ months away from woodelves.
They take 6x as long as any of my other troops and there is no real explanation for this. Imagine if you are elf and only have lvl 1 dogs vs. my lvl 3 dogs.

DeletedUser2870

True. The original trainingtimes for the cerberus sucks. It´s only when the traininggrounds go above lvl 4 that they become acceptable. However, that is only VERY late in the game.
And I don´t want to upgrade them above that. I had them at lvl 6, but sold them, then rebuild until lvl 4, which is fine for my purposes and saves space. I don´t need many cerberus units, so I´ll just train them during the night.

DeletedUser3297

Now that the buildings work, it's a lot easier to add in new troops like the Orc warrior that was just added to the training grounds and the Ranger that was added to the mercenary camp. Looks like we will get 1 new unit type per chapter until both buildings have 5 each.

DeletedUser3696

True. The original trainingtimes for the cerberus sucks. It´s only when the traininggrounds go above lvl 4 that they become acceptable. However, that is only VERY late in the game.
And I don´t want to upgrade them above that. I had them at lvl 6, but sold them, then rebuild until lvl 4, which is fine for my purposes and saves space. I don´t need many cerberus units, so I´ll just train them during the night.
Apparently it's now earlier in the game - I'm back in chapter 5 trying to do it right now :D
They added a lot of new tech throughout the early chapters - going to take a while to get thru it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2870

Don't forget that the Training Grounds will eventually support FIVE different units, not just the Cerberus.

Yes...so we get more and more different units doing about the same thing. That is NOT an improvement, that is making things needlessly complicated at best.

Take a look at the stats for the Orc-warrior, then compare it to the Elder Treant...duh.
Adding new stuff that doesn't actually do anything else and is not seriousy superior is only hot air...nothing of substance. Except that it will become required stuff to research, so they have yet another way to hold up their players, by making them spend a lot of KP on things that do no good at all.

And as Draconomicon so very well stated...eventually. It took almost half a year to actually get the fairy units, but we were still required to research them...a lot of KP wasted on nothing at all at that time.
And now that we have them, they are laughably weak. Absolutely not fit to be such late-game units (well, now almots mid-game, with the new chapters, but still)