• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Filter unfair trades in trader

I support the unfair trade filter

• yes

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser12423

I opened a support ticked and support might already solved that issue, because now I see only 1 page of bigger unfair trades from that player. Anyways that is just an example of why it would be good to add an unfair trade filter to the trader. It would have advantages by the trades with fee too.

While we're on your topic of a newer filter, do you have anything else you would like to see changed in it?

I was going to suggest adding guest race materials to it, but then I quickly changed my mind. I realize the whole point of guest races is to farm them solo lol

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
While we're on your topic of a newer filter, do you have anything else you would like to see changed in it?
The other part of that image I posted is to allow partial trades. Instead of posting 500:500 ten times, you could post 5,000:5,000 and buyers could have the choice of buying 10%, 50%, or ALL.
Should greatly reduce the clutter while also allowing smaller players a chance of getting what they need.

DeletedUser12423

The other part of that image I posted is to allow partial trades. Instead of posting 500:500 ten times, you could post 5,000:5,000 and buyers could have the choice of buying 10%, 50%, or ALL.

Why not, right? That's a great idea, it saves space and it would help with that hopping and bopping the trader is doing now. I like it.

ET-inf3rno

I was going to suggest adding guest race materials to it, but then I quickly changed my mind. I realize the whole point of guest races is to farm them solo lol

Good question. I think it would be better to open another thread for unrelated features and discuss here only the trader flood and the unfair trade problems. I think the partial trades feature would be a nice solution to the flood problem.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2207

I really like how the mobile app orders trades, with 3 star first, then 2 star, 1 star, no star. Very simple change that filters the worst trades to the bottom of the list, you can just stop going through the trades once you reach that point

MirandaZink

Stupid question - if someone is doing something that is annoying which 9 times out of 10 they are new and don't know then why not send them a nice note and ask them if they need help? I have made a lot of friends in this game simply by being kind and helpful. For example, not understanding the instructions in the city name, clicking on the lowest value of culture, posting unfair trades . . . you get what you give.

shimmerfly

Stupid question - if someone is doing something that is annoying which 9 times out of 10 they are new and don't know then why not send them a nice note and ask them if they need help? I have made a lot of friends in this game simply by being kind and helpful. For example, not understanding the instructions in the city name, clicking on the lowest value of culture, posting unfair trades . . . you get what you give.
It's "your" game so if you feel that is appropriate why not? No question is stupid. Kindness goes far

i8sh

I was looking for a place to post my comment and I think that it would be appropriate here (vs starting a new thread). If we are going to be adding filters, I would personally love to see one for cross-tier trades. One that could either highlight all cross-tiers which are posted or suppress them (similar to the FS checkbox). An example might be a check box that if checked forces the trader to show only "same tier" trades.

i8sh

Thank you SoggyShorts...I had not realized that that was the symbol for the cross-tier when I saw your post. But that is exactly what I was referring to which in my opinion would be a nice feature to add to the current trader. Nice to see the visual :)

SoggyShorts

I had not realized that that was the symbol for the cross-tier when I saw your post
Yeah I made that up, that's why you didn't recognize it ;)
I actually searched for a long time to try and find two arrows that looked like that. Would probably be easier if my MS paint skills went beyond cut&paste...:oops::p

MirandaZink

Wouldn't a better idea be to allow players to "block" someone they've discovered who they don't want to visit or trade with so then it would clear their clutter from the view in the trader?

Also if someone is being "piggish" and taking up all the room wouldn't it be better to just report them and let Inno deal with it?

Personally I've never seen anyone go crazy like this with trades except during Fellowship Adventures when you need to collect 100 planks, silk or elixir to make badges.

SoggyShorts

@MirandaZink
It's not like there's 1 player posting 60 trades, in fact I don't think there was more than a page or 2 per player.
Reporting of blocking 40-50 players to clear the clutter does the seem optimal to me.

Just lemme filter out all sentient and all cross tier by ticking a box.
That is basically a perfect fix.

MirandaZink

@MirandaZink
It's not like there's 1 player posting 60 trades, in fact I don't think there was more than a page or 2 per player.
Reporting of blocking 40-50 players to clear the clutter does the seem optimal to me.

Just lemme filter out all sentient and all cross tier by ticking a box.
That is basically a perfect fix.

Simple filtering works for me. The key question is will the developers take this one on . . . probably not like most of the suggestions. Honestly I don't seem to have this problem and have been playing for over 2 years . . . guess I'm lucky is all.

SoggyShorts

Honestly I don't seem to have this problem and have been playing for over 2 years . . . guess I'm lucky is all.
You've just entered the late game, once you unlock T4 and can see every single trade on the whole server, things will change. Then they will change again for T5 and T6 where you can see all of those trades from the entire server.
Especially on the App if you want to help out your FS, using the existing filters becomes quite tedious when you need to apply over a dozen combinations.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Sort of a side note on this, but I just realized that the mobile version of the game lets you hide trades with fees, while the browser version does not. I find that weird.

MirandaZink

You've just entered the late game, once you unlock T4 and can see every single trade on the whole server, things will change. Then they will change again for T5 and T6 where you can see all of those trades from the entire server.
Especially on the App if you want to help out your FS, using the existing filters becomes quite tedious when you need to apply over a dozen combinations.

I don't know what this means "unlocking T4" etc. Can you explain this?

SoggyShorts

I don't know what this means "unlocking T4" etc. Can you explain this?
In chapter 12 you will get your 4th boost. This will allow you to make/trade moonstone, platinum, and tree gum as well as planks silk gems etc.
Those new 3 goods are called sentient goods, or T4, and unlike normal goods they can be traded with anyone in the whole world without a distance penalty.
Then chapter 13 adds T5, and chapter 14 will add T6

This is why I (and everyone in chapter 13) have over 60 pages of trades at all times, and I suspect after a few weeks of chapter 14 being released that will go up to 80+ pages

MirandaZink

OMG - so I'm almost at the end of Hafflings so this is what I have to look forward to . . . goodie! Thanks for explaining.