• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help Finding Neighborly Cities

Mrietha

I'm in the App.
When I open the link to visit cities that have given me neighborly help in my "World" sometimes when click on the city I am taken to that cities location, other times I am not.
I do know that if they are not on my map (but I am on theirs) that this will not happen.
However, I don't understand why sometimes I can be taken to the cities I click on that are on my map and other times I'm not.

The reason that this is important to me is that I use it as a way to locate cities that are active, but are not in a Fellowship. Then I can invite them to join mine.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Now if I get your description right, you are going to Notices (just to the right of your mail icon), and giving help to those who have helped you. Normally, you aren't taken to their world but sometimes you are. You want to know how the system decides to actually take you to the world or not, right?

If I got that right, the answer is that if the icon is a handshake you can "visit" them without opening their city. Clicking a handshake icon opens a screen for giving them help. You then click on which of the types of help you want to give, and move on. However, if the city that visited you is outside your discovered area it won't have a handshake icon, but a house icon. Those cities which visited you in the last 24 hours will have gold handshakes, and those which visited you but it's been more than 24 hours, will have green handshakes. Since the green handshakes and the house icons are both green, it's pretty easy to accidentally click on the green house icon and end up loading that person's city. When you do that you can be reasonably sure you are going to visit a player who is bigger than your or perhaps, very close to your size since you can't give them help as you haven't discovered them, but they can you. So, if I got your problem right, you need to look carefully and not click on the green house icons to avoid actually loading the city.

That's my guess. Hope it helps.

AJ

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I get what you are saying Mrietha. The players whose map do not display are listed as in Limbo by the system, which likely means that they are not playing very often. My partner is tracking this, if you are on EN2 you can write him and share your observations.

Mrietha

@ajqtrz
I should have said I am playing on the App. It looks differently there than on the website version.

@Lelanya
They are gold cities on the notification tab not green.
They may not be playing very often, but we are exchanging neighborly help in a timely manner.
Is EN2 International English? I'm in SA on the US server.